New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 86018)

BTTF Club Whoa. This is heavy

By dementedwarlok

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 384 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Irishbastard
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 135 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB_IMG_1597364823236 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1597364813243 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8CE92FE9-047B-48D5-A63E-7385EB443340 (resized).jpeg
AA8D5154-8267-4D4B-8ED0-471E420FBBAE (resized).jpeg
7676D85C-27F5-4607-8D5F-994A42299F19 (resized).jpeg
DSC02574 (resized).JPG
muntlabel (resized).jpg
20191125_133631.jpg
02053D14-760E-446E-A5E5-10D55AA40413 (resized).jpeg
F3FFC450-3B45-4B22-8288-CE14C1708EAF (resized).jpeg
IMG_0733 (resized).jpg
IMG_0730 (resized).jpg
IMG_1181 (resized).jpg
IMG_1182 (resized).jpg
IMG_1183 (resized).jpg

There are 384 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 1 year ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Just a dirty potentiometer.... (Spray with contact cleaner, work back and forth)
https://www.fender.com/articles/tech-talk/control-crackle-cleaning-your-pots-and-switches-can-help
Also, your ball lock issue sounds like the ball lock switch not registering..

thanks i'll spray it with some deoxit

So I think the ball lock is registering because the pin is changing modes: lights dim, music changes, etc - basically it goes back to the new ball start where you're shooting the skill shot. It just isn't ejecting a ball into the shooter lane.

Thanks for the help.

2 weeks later
#352 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Delorean looks great. How did you mount it?

I cut a thin piece of tin and doubled it over. Bent it to lean the right way then I screwed it to the bottom of the car then the other end to a single post in the back of the game.

4 weeks later
#353 1 year ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

You’ll never believe it!
So I adjusted the volume up and down and the problem has gone away... weird and dumb but it worked. So what’s the underlying cause?

Had this same issue if you look at page 5 or 6 of this thread. I took the volume pot assembly cover off and sprayed electronics cleaned and turned the volume pot in both directions and it resolved my issue. Just needs to get the dirt out!

1 week later
#354 1 year ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Almost finished with the playfield part of my restoration. Need to add the drop stickers. I added the Delorean made by Welly from Amazon. I also added two spotlights on the right sling.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you please share the link for the Delorean?
Looks excellent I would like to order as well.
Thanks

#355 1 year ago

Any help in the way of touch up paint for my BTTF
Blue area on cabinet?

Does anyone have the color code from a previous match?

Thanks
My machine is on the way!
Very Excited

#356 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Any help in the way of touch up paint for my BTTF
Blue area on cabinet?
Does anyone have the color code from a previous match?
Thanks
My machine is on the way!
Very Excited

He says it may not be exact to factory but matches the decals he purchased

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roads-where-were-going-we-dont-need-roads-bttf-restoration#post-3819160

#357 1 year ago

Thank you very much!
I'll test it and post after.
Very much appreciated.

4 months later
#358 10 months ago

Anyone have a set or know a source to obtain the pop bumper Delorean decals? I can't believe these haven't been reproduced. Please hit me up if you have a set I could buy off you!

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DC-217

1 week later
#359 10 months ago

ive recreated them in photoshop, sent me a message if you want the files to print them yourself

1 week later
#360 10 months ago
Quoted from MeesterPieter:

ive recreated them in photoshop, sent me a message if you want the files to print them yourself

Got em and think I may have found a printer. Can anyone do me a favor and measure the diameter of the decal on the pop bumper so I know what size to order. Thank you!!

#361 10 months ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

Got em and think I may have found a printer. Can anyone do me a favor and measure the diameter of the decal on the pop bumper so I know what size to order. Thank you!!

Don't know if this helps

20191125_133631.jpg
#362 10 months ago

It does! Thank you! Ok 3cm in diameter.

3 months later
#363 6 months ago

Restoring my BTTF game. Did anything ever happen with making a reproduction Ramp? I would love one if it can be made. I think it would be a cool deal if the back part of it was made in plastic and the front part could instead be made out of metal kind of like how DE Jurassic Park is built, but idk maybe that's just me.

#364 6 months ago

toyotaboy was working on it, but I don't know if there's been any recent developments. I want a couple of them myself.

1 month later
#365 5 months ago
Quoted from mavantix:

toyotaboy was working on it, but I don't know if there's been any recent developments. I want a couple of them myself.

So not making any promises, but a local supplier agreed to work with me on the ramp.. It's probably going to be a month or two while this coronavirus settles down.

#366 5 months ago

Cool!!!

#367 5 months ago

Don't toy with our emotions!

1 week later
#368 4 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So not making any promises, but a local supplier agreed to work with me on the ramp.. It's probably going to be a month or two while this coronavirus settles down.

That is awesome to hear. I'm in for one. Stay safe.

#369 4 months ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

That is awesome to hear. I'm in for one. Would you have a source to add the decals? I haven't seen anywhere that sells them. Stay safe.

#370 4 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

My wallet is ready.

1 week later
#371 4 months ago

How do I join the forum? New to the pins, and jumped in the deep end with this bttf pin. Let’s just say it needs tlc.

#372 4 months ago

Get a manual, huge help.

1 week later
#373 4 months ago

please God make the ramp. I'm in for one and want it so bad.

#374 4 months ago

anyone got any advice for the ball constantly hitting the hill valley sign on launch, seems to happen like every 5th ball and never goes up the ramp, im thinking some rubber gaskets on the screws? Any pictures of what youve done would be extremely helpful.

Next question when going up the left side ramp sometimes when the ball gets to the top its going so fast it just launches into the playfield, common?

#375 4 months ago

You need to decrease the angle of the ramp. Try loosening the screws that bold the ramp down to the PF.

#376 4 months ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

You need to decrease the angle of the ramp. Try loosening the screws that bold the ramp down to the PF.

any screws specifically i should be focused on? looking at it now and other than the entrance to the ramp im not sure what else would cause the the angle change.

#377 4 months ago
Quoted from MTPinball:

please God make the ramp. I'm in for one and want it so bad.

toyotaboy is working on it!

1 week later
#378 4 months ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

anyone got any advice for the ball constantly hitting the hill valley sign on launch, seems to happen like every 5th ball and never goes up the ramp, im thinking some rubber gaskets on the screws? Any pictures of what youve done would be extremely helpful.
Next question when going up the left side ramp sometimes when the ball gets to the top its going so fast it just launches into the playfield, common?

Bumping this backup up so I loosened the screws at the entrance to the ramp and that seemed to help with the hitting of the signs. However the ball still launches into the he middle of the Playfield when going up the left ramp fast

1 week later
#379 3 months ago

i made some custom coin stickers for my bttf a few years ago

they are in euro so you might need to tweak em, but maybe a nice idea for a mod for some of you

DSC02574 (resized).JPGmuntlabel (resized).jpg
2 months later
#380 36 days ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

and last here! Are wondeful in metallic chrome vinyl!
"Back to The Future Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (DATA EAST) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Back%20to%20The%20Future%20Custom%20Pinball%20card%20-%20Free%20Play%20print1.jpg
Back to The Future Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (DATA EAST) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Back%20to%20The%20Future%20Custom%20Pinball%20card%20-%20Free%20Play%20print2.jpg
I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.
Regards

I just wanted to say that I contacted Mikonos and ordered a set of his custom cards, and couldn’t be happier. They look great in my hands and on my machine. Very happy with the purchase!

7676D85C-27F5-4607-8D5F-994A42299F19 (resized).jpeg8CE92FE9-047B-48D5-A63E-7385EB443340 (resized).jpegAA8D5154-8267-4D4B-8ED0-471E420FBBAE (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#381 21 days ago
Quoted from mavantix:

toyotaboy is working on it!

I would love to get in on this!

1 week later
#382 7 days ago

Just added BTTF apron cards available for purchase. PM me if interested.

http://aproncards.com/index.php/nggallery/pinball-apron-cards/back-to-the-future

pasted_image (resized).png
#383 7 days ago

Just picked up nicest one I've ever seen. Fully restored with DeLorean mod and cleared pf.

FB_IMG_1597364813243 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1597364823236 (resized).jpg
#384 7 days ago
Quoted from jake35:

Just picked up nicest one I've ever seen. Fully restored with DeLorean mod and cleared pf.

Looks great, I have a similar DeLorean in mine. Grab these for your naked drop targets.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/820-5114-00

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nevada City, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Davie, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne, VIC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Palm Beach, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
There are 384 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside