By dementedwarlok

3 years ago

Stats

• 246 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Zenomorp
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 77 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1 (resized).jpg
bttf_ramp_3d-model (resized).png
bttf_cabinet_zoom (resized).png
bttf_cabinet_full (resized).png
Right Side Final (resized).jpg
Left Side Final (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
bttf_ramp_dxf (resized).jpg
lets_trace (resized).jpg
traced (resized).jpg
3d_print_check_off (resized).jpg
IMG_4599 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_2017-09-22-08-40-14 (resized).png
vid flipper bttf 1 (resized).PNG
universal_classics_pinball_bttf_screenshots_01-8bc357e0-13c2-445f-b7c6-0b5863adc58f (resized).jpg

There are 246 posts in topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 3 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

I wonder what Delorean silver trim and legs would look like...

I actually considered doing brushed stainless steel on my restoration, and I suppose I still could, but the armor and legs would all have to be custom fabricated, so it isn't really top priority. I think it would look cool though, especially if I could get a matching coin door too! Maybe I'll just stick a Mr. Fusion on as a topper and call it a day.

#202 3 months ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I actually considered doing brushed stainless steel on my restoration, and I suppose I still could, but the armor and legs would all have to be custom fabricated, so it isn't really top priority. I think it would look cool though, especially if I could get a matching coin door too! Maybe I'll just stick a Mr. Fusion on as a topper and call it a day.

You could get them airbrushed for a brushed SS look... I would expect that to be fairly easy for even a mid-rate custom painter. I used to see guys paint super realistic rust onto custom cars - and rust is really complex. I would think a uniform and simple color would be very doable.

So could someone tell me what the consensus is for flipper coils:
Manual says: 23-900
Both of my machines have: 090-5020-30
Marco lists: 090-5020-20

What does everyone have?

#203 3 months ago
Quoted from jake35:

I wonder what Delorean silver trim and legs would look like...

That would then actually be brushed stainless, which is what a Delorean's body is made of. That pretty much would stock rails and legs.

#204 3 months ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Maybe I'll just stick a Mr. Fusion on as a topper and call it a day.

Go on Big Balla you got this.

Back to the Future Mr. Fusion Replica amazon.com link »

#205 3 months ago
Quoted from robotron911:

That would then actually be brushed stainless, which is what a Delorean's body is made of. That pretty much would stock rails and legs

No, rails and lockbar on data east have always been painted black. Williams has stainless rails and lockbar. ALL legs are chrome steel.

I do wonder how well this would work:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Giani-Liquid-Stainless-Steel-12-oz-Stainless-Steel-Appliance-Paint-Kit-FG-RDKIT-19-SQ-FT/204384591

#207 3 months ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

We replaced the bottom of this boat with a screen door, flex seal works!
» YouTube video

#208 3 months ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Go on Big Balla you got this.
Back to the Future Mr. Fusion Replica amazon.com link »

WOW! For $610 it better work better than plutonium. My Libyan contacts only want bombs... made of used pinball parts!

...but seriously, now I'm looking on eBay, and apparently they're made with a coffee grinder...which you can also buy...

#209 3 months ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

So could someone tell me what the consensus is for flipper coils:
Manual says: 23-900
Both of my machines have: 090-5020-30
Marco lists: 090-5020-20
What does everyone have?

Bump

#210 3 months ago

090-5020-30 on mine, and they're very strong, almost too strong. Marco might be on to something.

#211 3 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

090-5020-30 on mine, and they're very strong, almost too strong. Marco might be on to something.

Appears it was updated in a service bulletin

http://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Stern%20Service%20Bulletins/sb/sb62.pdf

090-5020-20

#212 3 months ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

Any updates on the repro plastics?

Not really. Only that it's under process. CPR said something about it in its newsletter but no release date.

#215 3 months ago
Quoted from mtlpin:

In case someone is interested: ebay.com link » Back To The Future Pinball Original Machine Playfield With Parts Bttf

Wow, $723.87 final hammer price for a PF with some plastics still on it? I guess I didn't do to terribly paying $800 for my whole BTTF.

#216 3 months ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Wow, $723.87 final hammer price for a PF with some plastics still on it?

that's canadian. it was $550 US, but still

#217 3 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

that's canadian. it was $550 US, but still

I was looking at US, but included the quoted shipping in calculation.

#218 3 months ago

Data East Flipper assemblies:
500-5177-32 left
500-5177-31 right
solid state no End-of-Stoke Switch
090-5020-30
23-900 coil

Starting with
Phantom of the Opera
Back to the Future

#219 3 months ago

Data East Flipper Assemblies
500-5177-01 right
500-5177-02 left
solid state no End-of-Stroke Switch
090-5020-20
22-900 coil

Note: check your manual...
used on
RoboCop

2 weeks later
#220 89 days ago

So ironically I was at a vacuum former for a work project today in downtown Chicago.. They are strictly prototype (no production parts). They do bezels for WMS slot machines.. Then he's like "Yea and I got this personal job of a pinball ramp for someone, had to scan it then make a mold". No it wasn't BTTF, and I don't want to say what old game it was for (there was a good stack of 50 ramps). I'm guessing if someone else is there getting pinball ramps made then they might be reasonable, and very willing to do very low volume parts. Stay tuned!

#221 89 days ago

The "VID" has answered my ?

vid flipper bttf 1 (resized).PNG

#222 89 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So ironically I was at a vacuum former for a work project today in downtown Chicago.. ... Stay tuned!

If you make it happen, I'm in!!! (For a ramp and your mods!)

2 weeks later
1 week later
#224 60 days ago

Woo I'm a club member now! picked up a bttf project and looking for a few parts if anyone has any leads.

5-bank stand up target assembly 500-5234-00
Lock ball assembly 500-5104-01
VUK 500-5067-03

#225 60 days ago

Are those whole assemblies missing from your game?!

#226 59 days ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Are those whole assemblies missing from your game?!

I found a vuk and 5 bank assembly!! Still looking for the lock ball assy.

Wondering if someone can take a picture of this assembly to see what I'm dealing with?

Might attempt to make my own if someone can provide a measurement of the bracket as well.

Screenshot_2017-09-22-08-40-14 (resized).png

#227 55 days ago

Back to the future for Zen pinball is out today. On android it's only $2 to buy just BTTF (zen pinball), totally worth it. They did a really good job covering all of the timelines (even the alternate 1985). On PS4, you have to buy all 3 universal tables for $10. You have to search for Pinball FX3, and look for "universal classics".

#228 55 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Back to the future for Zen pinball is out today. On android it's only $2 to buy just BTTF (zen pinball), totally worth it. They did a really good job covering all of the timelines (even the alternate 1985). On PS4, you have to buy all 3 universal tables for $10. You have to search for Pinball FX3, and look for "universal classics".

Pretty fun! Hey JJP or Spooky...let's get the license for this title already! It would be heavy!

2 weeks later
#229 38 days ago

IMG_4599 (resized).JPG

#230 35 days ago

Finally got around to posting more progress pics up in my restoration thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marty-you-gotta-come-back-with-me-where-back-to-the-future-restore

#231 32 days ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Finally got around to posting more progress pics up in my restoration thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marty-you-gotta-come-back-with-me-where-back-to-the-future-restore

looking good so far. You gonna do a clear coat on the PF?

#232 32 days ago

Hopefully this weekend, weather dependent. Need to send some beer drinking time removing all the T-nuts.

#233 32 days ago

Can someone confirm the diode direction for the knocker coil wiring? I can’t find my pictures of the last time I took this apart. Is this some kind of cheat way to figure this out like diodes always point to the darker wire or something?

1 week later
#234 25 days ago

So.... I finally re-installed my rebuilt flippers and now they won't move. I checked fuses to find both F5 fuses on the PS and PPB board blown so I replaced with the correct size. Reseated all of the connectors I could put my hands on. Still dead flippers. Not even getting a hum out of them or anything.

I did turn the game on with the flipper wires loose before I re-installed. They were taped off so I didn't think anything of it...

Thoughts on where to go next?

#235 22 days ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Can someone confirm the diode direction for the knocker coil wiring? I can’t find my pictures of the last time I took this apart. Is this some kind of cheat way to figure this out like diodes always point to the darker wire or something?

Points to the yellow wire

Quoted from ypurchn:

So.... I finally re-installed my rebuilt flippers and now they won't move. I checked fuses to find both F5 fuses on the PS and PPB board blown so I replaced with the correct size. Reseated all of the connectors I could put my hands on. Still dead flippers. Not even getting a hum out of them or anything.
I did turn the game on with the flipper wires loose before I re-installed. They were taped off so I didn't think anything of it...
Thoughts on where to go next?

Molex connector under PF had come loose. Fuses tested good even though they appeared blown. Replaced them all anyway.

#236 21 days ago

hi anyone making main plastic ramp for bttf thanks

#237 20 days ago

@toyotaboy is working on reproducing it, but no old stock are available.

2 weeks later
#238 4 days ago

So 3d printing a couple chunks I've realized that I'm already off.
3d_print_check_off (resized).jpg

I thought about adjusting, reprinting... but this seems a stupid way to go about this. I taped together 4 sheets of 11x17 together, laid the ramp down flat, and started tracing with a pencil. We have a D size scanner at work, I should be able to get a nice 1:1 image to trace and can update my 3d model. The vendor has been busy making another tool for something at work, but just got first shots today so now is a good time to get a quote.

lets_trace (resized).jpg
traced (resized).jpg

#240 3 days ago

ramp cleaned up in autocad.. adjusted offsets to make sure the ball width stays consistent, and overhangs are consistently 3/8". Going to import into solidworks next and create a 3d model exactly how the part looks with trim. Going to quote with and without trim to see what the price difference is. Hoping to send out for quote on Monday.

bttf_ramp_dxf (resized).jpg

#241 3 days ago

If anyone needs artwork to restore their machine, I scanned my cab and recreated the files. Here is a link...(the high res files look much better of course)...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g13mwxp6t8gb6q9/BTTF+Art.zip

» YouTube video

2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
Left Side Final (resized).jpg
Right Side Final (resized).jpg

#242 3 days ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

If anyone needs artwork to restore their machine, I scanned my cab and recreated the files. Here is a link...(the high res files look much better of course)...

someone sent me scans, and did some cleanup, but I took it a step further. I have the side backbox and front done, and about 90% done with the sides (keep getting sidetracked with projects). I recreated the dither pattern using the gradient tool because I think it scans terribly.

bttf_cabinet_full (resized).png

bttf_cabinet_zoom (resized).png

#243 3 days ago

Annnnd done. Vendor should be able to turn around a quote hopefully before thanksgiving break.. Will let everyone know.

bttf_ramp_3d-model (resized).png

#244 3 days ago

Hmm. I can't see any of the gradient in your scans. Here's a close up of the gradient from my scans...

1 (resized).jpg

#245 3 days ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Hmm. I can't see any of the gradient in your scans. Here's a close up of the gradient from my scans...

Factory is dithered halftone gradient (2 color). Mine is a a full range color gradient (many colors) so you don't get a pattern. I know it's not "correct", but I think it will look better printed out.. I could do 2-color halftone, but it would be small dots that grew into bigger dots (which would still not be correct), and I'm not sure a modern program like photoshop could easily do the patterned gradient. Only reason they did it back then is because it was less colors to have to print direct as layers.

#246 3 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Factory is dithered halftone gradient (2 color). Mine is a a full range color gradient (many colors) so you don't get a pattern. I know it's not "correct", but I think it will look better printed out.. I could do 2-color halftone, but it would be small dots that grew into bigger dots (which would still not be correct), and I'm not sure a modern program like photoshop could easily do the patterned gradient. Only reason they did it back then is because it was less colors to have to print direct as layers.

Ah. I got ya. No worries.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,200 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Phoenix, AZ
2,300 (OBO)
$ 59.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 246 posts in topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside