New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 117562)

BSDracula - how to remove the main ramp

By jimy_speedt

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jimy_speedt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

rampe principale.JPG

#1 5 years ago

Hi,

A question which might look stupid but I am stuck ....

I have removed the coffin and metallic ramps from the playfield. But I have a problem to remove the main plastic ramp as the top of this ramp is inserted in, and blocked by the black wooden board which is vertical and attached to the playfield.

Do I have to remove this board or can I remove the ramp in another way ?

thanks

rampe principale.JPG
#2 5 years ago

The ramp is slid back into the wodden board. If you have properly removed all screws from the playfield, you should be able to gently pull it forward and remove it from the wood panel.

#3 5 years ago

Do I need to remove all other parts before removing this one ? The edges of the ramp are blocked by other plastic parts, left and right.

#4 5 years ago

I think so.

#5 5 years ago

Yes did, now I manage to remove,not very gently , the ramp. It is a nightmare before you can access GI bulbs on the playfield ... Thanks

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Yes did, now I manage to remove,not very gently , the ramp. It is a nightmare before you can access GI bulbs on the playfield ... Thanks

You can remove the GI bulbs from underneath the Playfield by removing the the screw holding the socket in place

#7 5 years ago

Yes ... I had not thought of it, thanks

#8 5 years ago

Hey man, I did the same damn thing to my Dracula when I first got it. Stripped her down bear on top to change the bulbs. Untill finally someone said, "Hey you know, you could just change the bulbs underneath the playfield" Oh well, I learned alot from it.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Yes ... I had not thought of it, thanks

Take advantage of your small mistake and completely clean both sides of the ramp and the playfield under the ramp. The upper playfield area is very difficult to clean when everything is in place. You've just given yourself a golden opportunity to get all that clean.

Blowing out the switch matrix while installing an LED kit is a huge and expensive mistake. Your small mistake will turn out to be beneficial.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Blowing out the switch matrix while installing an LED kit is a huge and expensive mistake. Your small mistake will turn out to be beneficial.

Been there done that!

#11 5 years ago

Thank you all, I did it, the upper playfield wood is almost "as new", next I will polish the ramps. I still have another problem, but I will open a new post.

When your old, dusty pin is cleaned and polished, I looks really great !!!

#12 5 years ago

Actually there are 2 bulbs under the ramp entrance that cant be done from bottom and only if the ramp is removed

#13 5 years ago

Can the graveyard be removed without taking the ramp out?

#15 5 years ago

Regarding the graveyard, the main ramp must be removed first. The graveyard decor is screwed on it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 350.00
Boards
Pinball Basement
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 63.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 14.95
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 11.00
$ 209.99
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
$ 5.00
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
Bellmore, NY
$ 25.00
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside