E0A45DEA-9766-4638-BCC0-BC34E2440863 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
91207949-9732-4ABF-B89B-7302268DB90E (resized).jpeg
CA93CAC1-5891-42C9-87F5-615CC2A294B0 (resized).jpeg
20210703_154735 (resized).jpg
20210703_154807 (resized).jpg
20210703_154755 (resized).jpg
IMG_2406 (resized).JPG

There are 900 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 18.
#101 6 years ago

hi you all.

sorry to keep you waiting.
the first finished models are ready.
molded and decalled.
pictures will be posted soon. real soon.

every tombstone cover has a decal attached to it and comes with a pair of new (pre cutted) side decals to fit the Dracula coffin.
this way, there will be no colour-difference with the old decals in your machine.

finaly: the price for 1 complete tombstone - cover set: € 35,-

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from Morpheus:

hi you all.
molded and decalled.
every tombstone cover has a decal attached to it and comes with a pair of new (pre cutted) side decals to fit the Dracula coffin.
this way, there will be no colour-difference with the old decals in your machine.

Thanks for the update. I am assuming that you will ship to the US?

Gord

#104 6 years ago

Yep I'd be in also.
Pricing to ship to Australia please?

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Morpheus:

hi you all.
molded and decalled.

Please post prices with shipping to EU, US, AU/NZ etc. Also identify the difference between the current and first version when you post pics, so folks can select the correct one.

#106 6 years ago

hi you all.
i am still looking into the shipping costs.
but.. sofar i have seen, shipping costs aren't cheap..
international shipping costs from Holland to The States cost around 50 euro's
problem: this is a standard sized box with large dimensions, weight limit is 25 KG..
for that kind of weight and volume, ther would fit like 200 -or so- of my BSD covers in one shipping box..
for shipping there are no 'small'packages offered for lower costs..
maybe this could be an idea: if multiple buyers would gather, to make a combined shipping to one adress in the USA, and from that point, the individual products can be posted to the individual buyers?
this way the 3D-covers will be shipped for low costs to the States.
if it would be a reasonable amount of products, i could pay for the international shipping costs, so they arrive FOR FREE in the States.
please, feel free to send ideas.

#107 6 years ago

As promised, here are some pictures of the finished products.
for now, i have about 30 covers completed.
production will remain in progress.

like i said before, each 3D-Cover comes with a free pair of pre-cutted vinyl replacement decals for the Dracula Coffin, so ther will be no colour-difference between the old and the new decals in your machine.

since the Tombstone-covers will go to restored- as well as non-restored BSD owners, i tried to make the decal colours so, to suit both options best.

bsd-pinside-sale (3) (resized).JPGbsd-pinside-sale (3) (resized).JPG
bsd-pinside-sale (4) (resized).JPGbsd-pinside-sale (4) (resized).JPG
bsd-pinside-sale (1) (resized).JPGbsd-pinside-sale (1) (resized).JPG

#108 6 years ago

So the tombstone cover is $37.50 U.S., and I'm sure nobody wants to pay another $60 U.S just for shipping.

If other members were good with it, you could ship an entire box of them to me at my shop and I could get them out to the Pinsiders that ordered them via USPS flat rate, or some other way that we all agreed upon. I was just thinking box was safest method to prevent damage during transit.

#109 6 years ago

PM sent

#110 6 years ago

I'm definitely interested, please post the details as they become available.

#111 6 years ago

good news: i found a cheaper shipping company.
here are the shipping costs:

Holland = 7,- Trackingnumber included

EU - country's = 10,- Trackingnumber included.

Countrys outside EU (USA-Australia-etc.) = €18,- WITHOUT trackingnumber
€24,- Trackingnumber included

offcourse, combined shipping would still be cheapest..

#112 6 years ago

So around $83aud for tracking option to Australia. Cool mod but a bit too pricey for me. Great work though.

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from Morpheus:

Countrys outside EU (USA-Australia-etc.) = €18,- WITHOUT trackingnumber €24,- Trackingnumber included

I'm still open to have a good quantity of them shipped to my store, and then I could distribute them. OP could take the fee for the product from everyone, and people could just PayPal me the shipping charge via F&F so there's no fee. I definitely wouldn't upcharge anything...and I'll even bubble wrap them. The USPS charge would be the only fee.

Don't think I could get this into a small flat rate box, but definitely a medium with padding. At the most would be $13.60, and that includes tracking.

#114 6 years ago

Do your decals match the originals? Looks like they aren't supposed to be the same on either side of the coffin.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Don't think I could get this into a small flat rate box, but definitely a medium with padding. At the most would be $13.60, and that includes tracking.

I would be interested in the group purchase.

#116 6 years ago

I would would be a buyer too for a group purchase. Also,I would be happy to pay you an extra $5.00 for your time to get these out to us. We're still saving, Thank you. Jon

#117 6 years ago

Can't wait to get mine no matter how it gets here!

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Do your decals match the originals? Looks like they aren't supposed to be the same on either side of the coffin.

both decals will look different, once applied to the coffin.
because both decals will be applyed with the 'upper line', wich stretches all the way accross the length of the decals both facing up.
that way, you will have a different look on both decals, when you look at the front of the coffin, there where the ball rolls out.
therefor,L + R side of the coffin will apear differently, though they are the same. (hope you can still folow me, my english is weak.)

#119 6 years ago

Will the light gray plastic be an option like your prototype? It seems to match the original coffin better than the black plastic the production covers are made from.

#120 6 years ago

exuse me, i'm sorry.
i have to make a CORRECTION on the EU shipping pricing:
WITH Trackingcode: 13,-
WITHOUT Trackingcode: 10,-

(offcourse all forum-members who have already ordered, will get their package for the 'old' agreed price.)

unfortunaly, i cannot make an edit to the earlyer post, since 24Hrs has expired.

#121 6 years ago

I'd like to order one of these, if it were possible to get a bulk order shipped to the US

#122 6 years ago

Count me in. Let me know next steps. I would do either single or as a group with other Americans who want to share a bulk order.

Edit: I am in for the original.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Will the light gray plastic be an option like your prototype? It seems to match the original coffin better than the black plastic the production covers are made from.

you are right. the last pictures 3D-cover has a darker colour, than the proto one, earlyer in this thread.

i understand there is some confusion about the differnce between R-f & O-F..
the difference between these 2 versions is the minimal difference in dimensions between the Original Williams factory plastic set and the, aftermarket, repro plastic sets.
the colour is NOT the difference!

i can also mold it in lighter-coloured grey.

#124 6 years ago

I would still be in for the repro version, if we can get the bulk buy deal going to get that shipping cost down.

#125 6 years ago

I'd be interested in an original version via a group buy.

#126 6 years ago

Still need one so im in....

#127 6 years ago

Im new to the party but very interested as well! I'd be in on the bulk deal and mail one from the U.S. if possible

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I'm in,looks great.
Nice fit.

I get his spot! Haha

#129 6 years ago

I am in on one either way - group buy or no group buy.

#130 6 years ago

I'm working on arrangements with OP to get a batch shipped to my store in PA...we already have the necessary customs paperwork in place for other international vendors I deal with through LOP.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm working on arrangements with OP to get a batch shipped to my store in PA...we already have the necessary customs paperwork in place for other international vendors I deal with through LOP.

Nice, thanks for taking the initiative to serve as the US warehouse for this project to help out with lowering shipping costs.

Gord

#132 6 years ago

Got mine.

Highly recommend it. The original is HIDEOUS. This neatens it up immensely.

IMG_20170422_122928.jpgIMG_20170422_122928.jpg

IMG_20170422_123608.jpgIMG_20170422_123608.jpg

IMG_20170422_122940.jpgIMG_20170422_122940.jpg

IMG_20170422_123010.jpgIMG_20170422_123010.jpg

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Got mine.
Highly recommend it. The original is HIDEOUS. This neatens it up immensely.

Man that looks great! Can't wait to get mine!!!

#134 6 years ago

I'm in for a group US buy.

#135 6 years ago

any word on putting together the US group buy?

#136 6 years ago

I'm in for repro one...let me know what you decide.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

any word on putting together the US group buy?

I'm working on it. The OP sent me a PM the other day, and apparently he was a little dissuaded and overwhelmed when he went to ship one out to the States and had to deal with customs (export fee, voluminous paperwork, etc.). I tried to reassure him that a mass shipment would be less problematic, but unfortunately paperwork is part of the game. More of a reason to ship 30 - 50 units at once. I'm trying to get it done...I really want one of these for my BSD and don't want to pay $100+. I'm reaching out to him again today.

#138 6 years ago

Can you just put the design on one of those "print it yourself" sites (shapeways?) and charge people through that? Then you could just send the decals in an envelope.

I don't know what's involved with this, so I'm just throwing this out there.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm working on it. The OP sent me a PM the other day, and apparently he was a little dissuaded and overwhelmed when he went to ship one out to the States and had to deal with customs (export fee, voluminous paperwork, etc.). I tried to reassure him that a mass shipment would be less problematic, but unfortunately paperwork is part of the game. More of a reason to ship 30 - 50 units at once. I'm trying to get it done...I really want one of these for my BSD and don't want to pay $100+. I'm reaching out to him again today.

Great - big thanks for working this for everyone.

#140 6 years ago

Hi all,
Here's some pics and my opinion on this mod. I received both the original fit and the repro fit earlier this week.
TL;DR; Huge improvement over the original. Recommended!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

In my opinion it looks very good, like it should have been in the first place. This mod is easy to install, just one screw and you're done.
The only (optional) permanent modification is that you have to remove the original decals from the coffin and replace it with the new ones. (Not seen in my pictures)

This mod contains the tombstone cap and a sheet with two strips of decals for the coffin itself. On the inside of the tombstone is written whether it fits the original or the reproduction cover plastic. I tested the original.

The plastic fits very well. Due to small variations in the production of your machine and in the plastic cover, you may have to shave off a tiny piece of plastic from the cover to make it fit perfectly.

My only criticism is that the provided decals are lower resolution than the original and that the colors are slightly darker. A comparison with the original and provided decals can be seen in the pics. From Morpheus I understood that future versions will have brighter colors.

Thank you Morpheus for making this mod!

20170423_180539 (resized).jpg20170423_180539 (resized).jpg20170423_175722 (resized).jpg20170423_175722 (resized).jpg20170423_175645 (resized).jpg20170423_175645 (resized).jpg20170423_175833 (resized).jpg20170423_175833 (resized).jpg20170423_180021 (resized).jpg20170423_180021 (resized).jpg20170423_180003 (resized).jpg20170423_180003 (resized).jpg20170423_175615 (resized).jpg20170423_175615 (resized).jpg

#141 6 years ago

the decals looks like they have very low resolution?

#142 6 years ago

I am also in for a group repro buy

#143 6 years ago

I will take one on the group buy in the USA.

RM

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm working on it.

Quoted from marksf123:

Great - big thanks for working this for everyone.

Heard back from OP last night. I'm gathering a tally from this thread of how many U.S. buyers have chimed in as interested (repro & original fit, or both), and OP is also letting me know what interest for U.S. buys he has gotten directly, via PM or otherwise. I'm assuming that there will not be any price difference for the product itself even if we group buy --- the cost benefit will come from not having to pay the ridiculous shipping cost from Eur to USA.

I am trying to make this as simple as possible for the OP, so we can actually get these. I might just get a total and pay him directly once I have an idea of how many units we need, and then people can just pay me directly for the product + shipping. As I said before, there will be no mark up on the product, and I'll try to come up with a flat rate shipping charge to make it simple. I just might have to add a dollar or two for shipping materials / supplies so I don't go out of pocket on that. I just feel like it might get confusing if we are all sending him payments / PayPal for the product, then sending me payment for the shipping only, etc. I'd rather just get a box of them and then send them out. Simple.

He did indicate that he's been slammed with orders from Europe alone, and does not have ample products yet to fill every order, let alone a big box of them coming to us. He assured me that he will be producing more as quickly as possible, and I asked that he get back to me with a timeframe as soon as he can. I'll let everyone know as soon as I get an update.

#145 6 years ago

I have one on the way directly fro Morpheus. I'll be sure to post a review when the tombstone cover arrives.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Billman:

I have one on the way directly fro Morpheus. I'll be sure to post a review when the tombstone cover arrives.

How much are you paying for shipping and what's your eta on arrival? I'd like to get mine asap!

#147 6 years ago

Anyone have a pic explaining the correct version to order? Something about an adjoining plastic determining which is right for both users.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Heard back from OP last night. I'm gathering a tally from this thread of how many U.S. buyers have chimed in as interested (repro & original fit, or both), and OP is also letting me know what interest for U.S. buys he has gotten directly, via PM or otherwise. I'm assuming that there will not be any price difference for the product itself even if we group buy --- the cost benefit will come from not having to pay the ridiculous shipping cost from Eur to USA.
I am trying to make this as simple as possible for the OP, so we can actually get these. I might just get a total and pay him directly once I have an idea of how many units we need, and then people can just pay me directly for the product + shipping. As I said before, there will be no mark up on the product, and I'll try to come up with a flat rate shipping charge to make it simple. I just might have to add a dollar or two for shipping materials / supplies so I don't go out of pocket on that. I just feel like it might get confusing if we are all sending him payments / PayPal for the product, then sending me payment for the shipping only, etc. I'd rather just get a box of them and then send them out. Simple.
He did indicate that he's been slammed with orders from Europe alone, and does not have ample products yet to fill every order, let alone a big box of them coming to us. He assured me that he will be producing more as quickly as possible, and I asked that he get back to me with a timeframe as soon as he can. I'll let everyone know as soon as I get an update.

Well that's awesome of you.....this can work good.

#149 6 years ago

What exactly is the difference between the Original and Repro fit tombstones again?

RussM

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anyone have a pic explaining the correct version to order? Something about an adjoining plastic determining which is right for both users.

Quoted from RussMyers:

What exactly is the difference between the Original and Repro fit tombstones again?
RussM

See Post #31 from Morpheus (OP). My understanding = the original reference is if you have an original plastic set on your game. The "repro" he is referring to is if you have a Ministry of Pinball repro plastic set on your Drac. Apparently there is a slight spec difference with the MOP repro plastic set that affects how the rear tombstone plastic has to be situated / mounted. I haven't heard from anyone yet whether any other repro plastic sets (Marco, PPS) would utilize the repro tombstone cover also similar to MOP, or whether the original fit would still be compatible there. Morpheus asked if anybody could chime in that may have a different repro plastic set, but I don't see that anybody has yet.

With regard to Brock's new vamp coffin mod (pics below), I believe the original fit works with that mod. The retro might work also, but we would need confirmation of that. I ordered one from Brock, but haven't received it yet. As far as I understand it, the tombstone lock light panel did not have to be manipulated in any way to install his coffin mod. Given that, I would think that Morpheus's tombstone cover would not have to be manipulated either.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 900 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsdracula-3-d-tombstone-cover/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.