(Topic ID: 249573)

BSD, Metallica pro or Iron Maiden pro if you could only have one.

By Trident

36 days ago

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by Trident
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“BSD, Metallica pro or Iron Maiden pro if you could only have one.”

• Metallica pro 52 votes
    39%
  • Bram Stokers Dracula 29 votes
    22%
  • Iron Maiden pro 53 votes
    40%

(134 votes)

#1 36 days ago

Which one would it be and why.

#2 36 days ago

Dracula is kind of a one-trick pony, and Iron Maiden is a bit long and safe for my taste. Therefore, Metallica would be my answer -- but really you'll get sick of having any one game at some point, so get what you like for now!

#3 36 days ago
Quoted from zrbrt:

Dracula is kind of a one-trick pony, and Iron Maiden is a bit long and safe for my taste. Therefore, Metallica would be my answer -- but really you'll get sick of having any one game at some point, so get what you like for now!

I'm on my 3rd dracula now in the last 10 years but I have always wanted a Metallica also a big Iron Maiden fan but haven't played it much. I currently only have room for one.

#4 36 days ago
Quoted from Trident:

I'm on my 3rd dracula now in the last 10 years but I have always wanted a Metallica also a big Iron Maiden fan but haven't played it much. I currently only have room for one.

And you keep buying BSD because? It's awesome and fun...?

#5 36 days ago

IMDN Pro and its not even close. I own and love MET too but its not IMDN. BSD is a great game as well but i like MET and IMDN more.

#6 36 days ago

I'd choose Maiden.

It's insanely fun. Met is very good, but I'd miss the Coffin Lock on the Pro and the color changing GI. Plus Maiden is a better band than MET, so...

#7 36 days ago

Tough...I'd toss BSD out right away.

I'm tempted to say IMDN cause I played it less....but MET was such a beast of a game.
Actually since the code update making MET a ton easier I'd go IMDN

#8 36 days ago

I own bsd, and its a great but brutal game. Anyone that says its a one trick pony hasnt fully developed their skill set yet. Which is fine, neither have i lol. That being said id pick met.

#9 36 days ago

I voted Met, several reasons.

The first is I owned it for years and it's a great game.
The second and most important is my wife doesn't want BSD or IMND in the house with the young grandkids. TWD is also banned.
If I could choose one of the banned pins it would be TWD.

#10 36 days ago

This is a tough one. But it's between BSD and IMDN. I've played MET on location a hand full of times...kinda cool but it's not in the same ranking imo.
I guess if I had to pick one I'd go with BSD. To me there's nothing like it. A hard to play creepy game. Plus it's more easily serviceable ! No node board worries !

#11 36 days ago

I voted Met pro by a hair over Maiden pro but could go either way I just got Maiden so it's in the honeymoon period.

Maiden has more shots (upper loops) but not a lot of toys.

I have played BSD but never got the strong desire to buy it.

I love both Metallica and Maiden, art, music, flow, rules they both are the complete package. Maiden for the larger display but Metallica is a SAM game. I can not forgive Stern for placing the on/off switch on the head.

#12 36 days ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I own bsd, and its a great but brutal game. Anyone that says its a one trick pony hasnt fully developed their skill set yet. Which is fine, neither have i lol. That being said id pick met.

Get three multiballs at once.. then.. do it again? In comparison to both of the Sterns he listed, BSD is indeed very shallow / a one trick pony.

#13 36 days ago
Quoted from zrbrt:

Get three multiballs at once.. then.. do it again? In comparison to both of the Sterns he listed, BSD is indeed very shallow / a one trick pony.

To each his own.

#14 36 days ago

I own all three (well, premiums on Met and IMDN). I voted BSD in this poll, but it’s my newest game still and I may have new game bias...so, not sure if my vote should count.

#15 36 days ago
Quoted from indybru:

I voted Met, several reasons.
The first is I owned it for years and it's a great game.
The second and most important is my wife doesn't want BSD or IMND in the house with the young grandkids. TWD is also banned.
If I could choose one of the banned pins it would be TWD.

Funny because MET is the one that swears.

#16 36 days ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

To each his own.

When are we gonna see your BSD with that playfield someone sold you ?

#17 36 days ago

I’ve owned all 3 and currently still own Metallica and maiden. Tough call between the two. I think maiden is the better game, but Metallica certainly my has better toys.

#18 36 days ago

I own all 3 and Met is the right choice. Great rules, broader appeal, and I can give someone three objectives within 30 minutes to do with Metallica while with the others it might take longer so good for parties

#19 35 days ago

I voted BSD, but all three are great for different reasons. One thing to consider is bang for buck....isnt BSD about 1/2 the price?

#20 35 days ago

All three fun machines. Not a fan enough of Metallica or iron maiden to own the machine

Bsd

#21 35 days ago
Quoted from zrbrt:

The word "shallow" in a vacuum doesn't mean anything. Good design coupled with good rules = good game. When you're having fun, you're having fun....buzzwords don't factor.

BSD is simple to understand, difficult to master...but extremely fun and extremely well made. Excellent music, callouts, light shows that really bring you into the theme. Mist ball is an amazing feature that always wows.

It's a bonafide classic. Comparing it to modern math-chess games don't diminish how great it is.

I love Metallica, too...but I love the Prem/LE version - so I voted BSD.

#22 35 days ago

I have owned all three for a decent length of time. Maiden or Metallica would be better in a small collection. I had Metallica for several years and sold it. I voted Maiden as it gets the most play in my collection. All three are awesome games.

#23 35 days ago

In a small collection, I’d vote Maiden all day.

You can play MET twice in a row and have almost identical games. Hard for that to happen in IMDN. You’ll probably get more mileage therefore with a game like IMDN.

#24 35 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The word "shallow" in a vacuum doesn't mean anything. Good design coupled with good rules = good game. When you're having fun, you're having fun....buzzwords don't factor.
BSD is simple to understand, difficult to master...but extremely fun and extremely well made. Excellent music, callouts, light shows that really bring you into the theme. Mist ball is an amazing feature that always wows.
It's a bonafide classic. Comparing it to modern math-chess games don't diminish how great it is.
I love Metallica, too...but I love the Prem/LE version - so I voted BSD.

I never said BSD was a bad game, just that I would rather own Met out of all three games in a single game collection and why. I owned a BSD and would own one again.

I haved owned ToM twice. It's a fun game. If you really want to just score points, there is essentially one shot to hit. I still bought it 2x!

#25 35 days ago
Quoted from zrbrt:

Pins don't have to be deep to be good. I play my shallow pins more. Best one pin to own IMO would be the most addictive one (for you) where you cannot stop pressing the start button.

#26 35 days ago

Bram Stokers.

It's the only one I can stand to listen to the music coming out of it.

#27 35 days ago

All good pins... but IM definitely wins in a one game collection. It’s fast, has great rules and isn’t super repetitive.

Metallica is great but is more of a grind.

BSD is solid but little to do and best in an established collection

#28 35 days ago

I own all three games love them but Iron Maiden for me I could play that game over and over for hours.

#29 35 days ago

Owned Met for some years (left after deciding TWD won out for Borg, center bash/magnet toy games). Have had BSD for 4.5 years and it's "bolted to the floor." IMDN for 1 year.

Would rate them BSD>MET>IMDN, but they're all great games and I miss MET at times (never the same on location).

I've gushed plenty over BSD in the past, but the short version, aside from it being the greatest adrenaline rush (partially due to the ramping volume/intensity), is that it equates to Tetris for me in the sense it's simple to understand, yet challenging, and always exciting to beat your previous best score (unlike some games where score seems secondary to mode progression). The simplicity becomes a strength in never getting old, as opposed to a mode based game with a wizard mode that may feel "beaten" once you get to the end.

#30 35 days ago

Had /have all 3 ... maiden didn't last long but bsd and met have outlasted pretty much everything that has been brought into my house. 2 great games that just check all boxes for me.

#31 35 days ago

Metallica for me... being a fan of the band is a bonus

#32 35 days ago

Pretty close but Iron Maiden’s pulling ahead.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New Berlin, WI
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside