(Topic ID: 300077)

BSD / WPC89: SOL1-8 Locking Issue / Possibly Bad CPU or ASIC?

By mnye82

82 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 67 days ago by mnye82
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mpu3 (resized).PNG
mpu2 (resized).PNG
mpu1 (resized).PNG
PXL_20210913_212401926 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210913_212431299 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 70 days ago

I wouldn't be fiddling with the ASIC so much. They are a delicate component and, if you weren't aware, are becoming rare and harder to find which also equals more expensive and eventually NONE available!

The ASIC is probably the most reliable part on the board so I'm not sure why you keep pointing the finger at it when there are so many other things that are more trouble prone?

Recently made replacement boards mostly use modern equivalents of the parts used on these boards 30 years ago. This is when many compatibility issues creep in.

You are 200% better off having an original board repaired than you are using ANY modern replacement but, if you must, read up on Rottendog boards - there is a reason they have that name!

I would go for an original and if that isn't an option DumbAss boards are the best way forward IMO.

Have you actually started AT THE BEGINNING? Measure all supply voltages and make sure they are within spec. If the power supply isn't right NOTHING else will work properly no matter how many ASICs you buy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4u.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside