• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0079_1.jpg
IMG_0080_1.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Finally got my Bram Stokers Dracula pin shopped.
Bought it for about 3 months ago in a not working condition for about 850$ - havent played BSD before and usually dont buy games I havent played - but with all the posetive feedback and the price, I bought it unseen. (well would have bought most any dmd game for that price unseen)

I've been busy the last months, so the Dracula was left in a corner.
A couple of weeks ago I decided to get it fixed - I was also very interested in playing it after reading all the posetive reviews.

When I got it, it was partly taken apart and very very dirty!
I stripped the playfield allmost completely - all posts, screws, guides etc has been tumbled or polished.
I was quite surprised about the amount of parts on the playfield - definitely one of the more difficult games to shop.
Some electronic work - a bad coil transistor, transmitter for the long opto, some mecanical switches, a broken target, a broken EOS switch and a flipperrebuild as I allways do!
Had to make a gatewire for the right gate myselves as they're currently unavailable in europe - took a few trys to get right.

A few todos remain like a remote battery holder and a bad GI connector.

I have now played about 50 games on it.
My initial impression is - WOW!
It is a one trick pony for sure, but its just so much fun and challenging to get those multiballs stacked - have not succeded in stacking all three yet, that damn castle lock is killing me!
With volume crancked up the jackpot callouts and dmd animations are just amazing and very rewarding. Feels great killing dracula in his coffein!
Playfield layout it well thought-out - allways something to shoot for!

A pity the bats and rats mode are basically the same!

Before playing it I was thinking about installing standard flippers instead of the shorter lightning ones - well I seem to loose most balls in the outlanes, so no need for longer flippers for now.

The menu has a lot of settings to tweak the gameplay - might just adjust that damn castle lock timer a bit and possibly increase the chance of getting something good from Mystery award instead of just points.

Thats just my Dracula experience - have to go now - Dracula is waiting!

IMG_0080_1.jpgIMG_0080_1.jpg IMG_0079_1.jpgIMG_0079_1.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Nice work!

#3 10 years ago

Very nice !!
And a very good players pin. Very smooth ramp, if you master that shot, it's rewarding!

Have loads of fun with it!!

#4 10 years ago

Aim for the castle lock standup targets during ball save and during other multiballs. Also open the coffin lock first, then when you hit left ramps it should light the castle lock as well.

#5 10 years ago

Get bats on ball one... Then load the coffin.. Then work on mist. Get the castle locks by shooting the ramp during the resulting multiball.

Easier to get the castle locks by having the multiball randomness hitting the standup targets

#6 10 years ago

One trick pony?! F14.....yeah I'd agree on. But BSD has many tricks up its sleeve....come on man

#7 10 years ago

Beautiful job !

LTG : )

#8 10 years ago

BSD is an awesome game. It was getting a ton of love on the forum about a month ago and then all the sudden that love seems to have dried up somewhat. I know I want one of these machines badly.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

One trick pony?! F14.....yeah I'd agree on. But BSD has many tricks up its sleeve....come on man

In that perspective you're right - I ment it in no bad way - sometimes less is more, it does not have as many modes or features as most dmd games, but what it does have, it does really really well!
The multiball modes are great - perhaps some of the best I've played.

#10 10 years ago

Bsd is an underrated masterpiece. Good lightshow, callouts, ramps, and video mode. The jackpots are simply some of he best in pinball. I put a few games on mine just this afternoon and after a few jackpots my wife started yelling at me to turn it down!! Lol!! Multiball stack is tough I prolly only get it 1 in 10 games and with varied success.

#11 10 years ago

"THIRTY MILLION"..............."THIRTY MILLION"..............."THIRTY MILLION"...............

#12 10 years ago

I'm considering getting a BSD. I just don't know how it will fit in my modest 4 game collection. I do wish there was more going on on it. More repetition than the usual 90's game, no real modes. Yet, cool looking theme & lights, couple cool features & I know its a good player. But is it a game that can keep me interested for a couple years or more? IDK. My thought is that it depends on prices. No way I'd pay some of the bloated prices for it, but at a fair price or in a trade I might snag it up.

#13 10 years ago

It's one of the best pins in my collection, the kids and guests alike keep coming back to it for more and more. Don't be fooled by the playfields surface, this game has it going on. Two things I strongly recommend for it:

1- LEDs

2- External Subwoofer

Then it's party on.

#14 10 years ago

In my opinion the best game ever made. It just has "it". If you are hitting the shots it screams. And if you are a bit off, Drac let's you know by losing the ball. Great game.

#15 10 years ago

you'll double wow when you stack the 3 multiballs

and it ain't a one trick pony ... always hated that saying about this game.

oh ... and remember these numbers

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Mrhide:

you'll double wow when you stack the 3 multiballs
and it ain't a one trick pony ... always hated that saying about this game.
oh ... and remember these numbers

What does the numbers mean?

#17 10 years ago

That's my locker combination from high school!

#18 10 years ago

BSD is a great game, gets 10x the play that my MM and AFM get combined.

#19 10 years ago

Had this game when it was considered a c+ or b on ratings. Undervalued then and still is. Probably my most played game since collecting. Waiting for my newly received BSD to come back from HEP. Yep-thats how much I missed it. Congrats and enjoy the pain/pleasure!-Joe

#20 10 years ago

One of the most challenging and underrated pins. I love the lightning flippers. So maddening, but rewarding. I say keep them on. The wolves video mode is just great and the music is one of the best in pins. Great price and great job on it!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

One of the most challenging and underrated pins.

I wouldn't say this pin is underrated, it's doubled in price in the last three years.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I wouldn't say this pin is underrated

Agreed. Years ago it definitely was, but now it gets a lot of love.

I miss my BSD.

#23 10 years ago

Nice job.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

I'm considering getting a BSD. I just don't know how it will fit in my modest 4 game collection. I do wish there was more going on on it. More repetition than the usual 90's game, no real modes. Yet, cool looking theme & lights, couple cool features & I know its a good player. But is it a game that can keep me interested for a couple years or more? IDK. My thought is that it depends on prices. No way I'd pay some of the bloated prices for it, but at a fair price or in a trade I might snag it up.

It's a 80s SS game in a DMD's clothing Tough objective.. and the side stuff isn't nearly as important as the major payoff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-wow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.