Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by marksf123
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1234 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_1231 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1225 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1224 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1223 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1222 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1221 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1220 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1217 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1214 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1213 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from marksf123:

I bought a new WPC CPU board

Pinball Basement board?

Try reseating J101 and J114 power connectors on the big power driver board, and J210 on the CPU board. Any burning/discoloration on the J101 connector housing?

#10 2 years ago

Time to see pictures of the thr boards with the game on.

#28 2 years ago

Since all the LEDs are lit that supposed to be, that tells me there are no blown fuses. Just because the LEDs are lit, doesn't mean these are all good voltages.

The 5 volts is very important to measure as to know if the game is not booting up because the voltage is too low. Set your meter to the 20VDC setting and wedge your black lead under the ground braid wire at the bottom of the backbox. Turn the game on. Then you have one free hand to measure the 5volt test point on the driver board at TP2 and then also measure at C31 + side marked by the arrow. Normally, should only see a slight 0.03V difference between these 2 points. Can you post what you see on both measurements? I hope you see at least 4.94v at C31. pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

So when you say D20 on the CPU board is blinking, is it blinking about every half a second?

Is this only after it has been on a while? Is that when it goes into attract mode? These symptoms usually are a sign of a low 5 volts.

#29 2 years ago

So I am afraid that I do see some battery alkaline (not acid) damage on the CPU board. Even though there is damage here, this very likely would not cause the game to boot as it is not a severe case of damage. At worse from what I see here is that you would have some switches not working. But the board still will need to be repaired properly.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Is the new CPU board from Pinball Basement? If so, I'm afraid I would not put that in at this time as their quality has not been great so far. I hate to put that into the mix right now.

It is best to get the game booting and playing before deciding what to do with this original CPU board.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from marksf123:

When I turn the game the CPU Board responds as follows
    D19 & D21 on, D20 off
    quickly goes to D19 off, D20 flashing, D21 On
    D20 flashes very fast, I would say faster than every half second.
    When I turn the game on the GI lights come on in the playfield and the backbox. If I just leave it on, after a few minutes or so the insert lights come on and the game goes into attract mode. Also when it kicks into attract mode some of the coils fire for a few seconds like the slings etc but then stop.

So the first part sounds like the MPU booted up.

Try these things..
    Measure the 5 volts on the Driver and CPU boards, as previously mentioned
    With the game off, press on all the IC socketed parts on the CPU board and reseat all the ribbon cables at all the connections.
    Try the game again.

#36 2 years ago

I just missed posting my previous statement before seeing your 5 colt measurement.

Quoted from marksf123:

Can you post what you see on both measurements? I hope you see at least 4.94v at C31.
    I am seeing
    4.54 @ C31
    4.57 @ T2

Wow. That is too low. Can you retest them again after reseating J101?

If it is still low, I believe BR2 bridge rectifier needs to be changed on the driver board.

#38 2 years ago

Just easier to remove J114 on.the left side of the driver board and retest TP2. If any board is loading down 5volts, that will tell you.

Have another driver board you can test in the game? At least you will be able to test the rest of the game.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from marksf123:

If I remove J114 the test results @ TP2 remain the same.
    I dont have another Power Driver Board.

Time to gave the board repaired. Anyone you know works on boards and can change BR2, C2, C7 and the other capacitor above F101 to F105?

#42 2 years ago

Yeah, I would definitely hold out on.the CPU board swap until the game boots with a good 5volts. That way you can tell there was a problem with any of the parts you may had transferred over to the new CPU board.

Makes things easier to identify an issue taking small steps.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-wont-turn-on-help-appriecated-?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.