Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ModCity
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I was on ball two and got the coffin multi going, then hit the mist multiball and got an extra ball. So I should have had two balls left after the multiball right? Well after my last ball drains It goes to game over. Is this normal? I just had it serviced and there is no credit dot.

#2 11 years ago

Are you sure you collected the Extra Ball? Did you hear the call out "Extrrra Balll"!?

Actually it doesn't matter if you collected the EB or not. If you were on ball 2, obviously the game should not have been over.

Has it done it again?

#3 11 years ago

Honestly Rob, I haven't gotten that far many times, so I am not sure. This is why I am posting. This game for some reason just does things that strike me as weird. Maybe its just in my head?

#4 11 years ago

No Ball 3?? Seems a little weird.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I just had it serviced and there is no credit dot.

Quoted from Squeakman:

This game for some reason just does things that strike me as weird.

I'd still run a test report.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I was on ball two and got the coffin multi going, then hit the mist multiball and got an extra ball. So I should have had two balls left after the multiball right? Well after my last ball drains It goes to game over. Is this normal? I just had it serviced and there is no credit dot.

No that doesn't sound right at all...if your on ball 2 and for what ever reason you drain ofcoarse ball3 should load up??

I know on my BSD sometimes when on mist multiball after i lose just one ball it ends play as if both had drained..very annoying,im told its something to do with the magnet opto's no registering??

#7 11 years ago

It could be the Dracula Curse, There are long tales from other owners of strange and bizarre
things happening on other boards.

My game, on occasions, the DMD only showed dripping blood, no scores!!
It has also started a game, when no one is even in the room!

Mike, here in Florida, has fog-mist coming from the bottom of the game when mist ball is lit.
But he added this Mod, mine really happened!

Does it repeat this Problem?

Art

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It could be the Dracula Curse, There are long tales from other owners of strange and bizarre
things happening on other boards.

My game, on occasions, the DMD only showed dripping blood, no scores!!
It has also started a game, when no one is even in the room!

Mike, here in Florida, has fog-mist coming from the bottom of the game when mist ball is lit.
But he added this Mod, mine really happened!

Does it repeat this Problem?

Art

Funniest post ever, thanks for the laugh. I have also heard of BSDs doing some weird software things. You could also have some flaky optos or switches as well...

#10 11 years ago

mine goofs up sometimes like that also.......I will be on multiball and have 2 balls left.....I lose one ball and the game ends........it does not do it very often,but it has done it

#11 11 years ago

LOL. That sounds like the old Game Cube game, Eternal Darkness, with the build in insanity factor defects. Not sure if any pinheads would have played that survival horror game from the turn of the century...but one of the "built in bugs" made you think the game shut down and deleted your progress...

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from dangermouse007:

Squeakman said:I was on ball two and got the coffin multi going, then hit the mist multiball and got an extra ball. So I should have had two balls left after the multiball right? Well after my last ball drains It goes to game over. Is this normal? I just had it serviced and there is no credit dot.
No that doesn't sound right at all...if your on ball 2 and for what ever reason you drain ofcoarse ball3 should load up??
I know on my BSD sometimes when on mist multiball after i lose just one ball it ends play as if both had drained..very annoying,im told its something to do with the magnet opto's no registering??

The OP has an odd problem, that's for sure. The machine does seem to do random stuff sometimes. Watch to see if it comes back and note the exact circumstances. Tracking a problem that involves mist on this machine can be a real bear.

As for dangermouse's one-ball-drain mist problem, I feel your pain. Something similar was happening to mine and it made us pull our hair out for a couple months before we got it working right. For a time, whenever I'd get mist rolling on my third ball, the game would end as soon as I drained one of the two on the playfield. The game would die and the remaining ball would tumble down the drain. Extremely frustrating. It would occasionally happen on a first or second ball, as well.

I fixed 99 percent of the problem when I pulled the 24" opto board, which controls the long-throw optos that detect the ball on the magnet path, and noticed a broken inductor. Our theory was that with this malfunctioning, the machine would think there was a ball in the left or right gate when in fact the machine hadn't reloaded the right gate yet (so both gates were empty). Therefore, the machine thinks a ball is in that gate when it's not, counts the phantom ball, and determines that all balls must have drained and ends the game. We checked the long-throw optos in test mode and, sure enough, it was flaky enough to work most of the time, but when it didn’t, it could stick either open or closed.

I was going to send the board off for repair (still will at some point) but instead picked up a reengineered one from homepin.com. Working very slick now.

Another thing to check is your castle optos. If one of those has gone bad and the machine thinks there’s a ball locked when one isn’t you could get the same effect.

Yeah, it’s ironic. Sometimes, Bram Stoker’s Dracula just can’t count

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 84.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-weird-things-happening-or-not and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.