Topic poll

“Which do you prefer?”

• BSD 92 votes
    45%
  • Wh20 114 votes
    55%

(206 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

STTNG & BSD #2 029.JPG
images-907.jpeg

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Due to the current sky high price of WH20, a more appropriate question would be BSD + (insert $2k game here) or WH2O?

Has any other game shot up more percentage-wise lately than WH2O? I REALLY wish I bought one for $1600 when I had the chance.

#52 5 years ago

ive never owned a ww2o but I played it in las vegas once and was ready to move on within a couple of games, fun to see what it offered but after a few times of it in that moment with all those other pins I was ready to go. bsd may also be a couple of things to see pin but your usually going to have to shake it down real good to be able to do it. the only pin i own that i nudge non-stop while playing it, ball's over in the out lane area w/o any speed? kiss it goodbye, bouncing around in the middle playfield? sounds like that ones about ready to head sdtm with out some proper intervention. this machine is a true gem that doesn't sparkle easily and actually makes me want to cry

#53 5 years ago

Interesting. The longer this poll goes on, the closer BSD gains on WH2O. Currently 47/53% in favor of WH2O.

#54 5 years ago

I thought WH20 would be the runaway winner. Guess I need to play BSD more.

#55 5 years ago

Long term.. Wh2o is #16, BSD is #34... Per top 100.

#56 5 years ago

Just sent a dp for my BSD!

She's nice!

Pickup at pinfest! Too early to order LEDs??

#57 5 years ago

Just to show how popular BSD has become... I remember when they gave one away as the door prize at Allentown a few years back. Don't think that would happen today. I have a WH2O and prefer it over BSD but BSD is still a great game.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Long term.. Wh2o is #16, BSD is #34... Per top 100.

I think BSD has a lot of lower ratings from people who never were able to get very far into the game, i.e. achieve the triple stack. I didn't "get it" until i did that. It took awhile.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I think BSD has a lot of lower ratings from people who never were able to get very far into the game, i.e. achieve the triple stack. I didn't "get it" until i did that. It took awhile.

Yes yes no one "gets it" but you

Maybe as the poll goes on Wh20 gets more expensive and less people can own it and rate it? Maybe they're just pretty even games?

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes yes no one "gets it" but you

ya, ya, sorry, didn't want to sound snotty. I see it came off that way.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Maybe they're just pretty even games?

I think that's the case. it isn't like we're comparing Attack from Mars and Heavy Metal Meltdown. No offense to those of us that prefer HMM.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

ya, ya, sorry, didn't want to sound snotty. I see it came off that way.

At least you didn;t say people haven't played a "dialed in" machine

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

3 in one row triple jackpot shots off the insanity fall on WH2O multi ball are the most satisfying shots of all pinballs.

Stacking that with the 5x Playfield even more so. As I recall when I had that going I was at 90 million per Insanity Falls jackpot

#64 5 years ago

I really like both of these pins. I won't get into themes because that's entirely subjective, but I give White Water the edge for having the total package (approachability for novices, yet deep enough to be satisfying for advanced players, well integrated art and music, unique layout.) BSD has the playability and uniqueness down, but the art intergration isn't on the same level as White Water.

All this being said I have a soft spot for White Water since I played it some much at 7-11 back in the day.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Just sent a dp for my BSD!
She's nice!
Pickup at pinfest! Too early to order LEDs??

You will not repent with the choice.
Undoubtedly, BSD is a game "different"

Only I have site for a pinball. Because of it I have BSD, a rapid game, of short balls and very difficult that supposes a challenge whenever you play...
Makes you grow as player and if you like it his aspect is the authentic indispensable one.

WH2O is a great game, but unfortunately very easy, repetitively and monotonously... It if, it is a very nice game at sight.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

I would take WH2O over BSD any day. BSD is a one trick pony for me, and only lasted about 4 months in my gameroom. I like the game, but at other people's houses. WH20 I consider one of the top 3 pins of all time in my book. The_Director said:

BSD is a one trick pony

<<Enter BLACK_ROSE>>

What-ever !! I've Owned both 4 Times each ,, WH20 is Cool , but it gets Bore some .. Director , Get ya a White Water and well C how long it lasts .. I sold you yr BSD & delivered it ,, It Whooped yr Azz so you sold it ..

Tell the Truth man .. U couldn't handle it ..

STTNG & BSD #2 029.JPG
#67 5 years ago

Haha. Kaboom! ^^

2 years later
#68 3 years ago

Lets see what happens resurrecting this thread two years later...

I own both and think they both are amazing games. I agree with BSD taking longer to be understood. A thing not often understood is that the angle is what enormously impact how hard is BSD: at 6.5 and above is a bitch, too much frustration, really too much. Around 5.5 a hard game, but not so extreme. True, wh20 is more kind of joyful pinball fun. Dont touch BSD if you are not really dialed in! For me is a draw, so I do not vote.

#69 3 years ago

Owned White Water for 17 years and on about my fourth BSD and owned one most of the past 16 years . Both all time classics and top ten games for me. White Water has more of everything...more strategy, more shots, more flow, more flippers, more depth. But it also will cost more money.

White Water is the better game, but BSD is the better bargain. You cannot go wrong either way. Get which ever one you get a good deal on first.

#70 3 years ago

I own both and have to say it's a tough one. Price factored in it's BSD easy, but fun factor is pretty close. I think doing the triple stack has a similar 'aligning the stars' feeling to a good 5x multiball run. BSD is not very friendly to novice players, but it makes up for that with mist multiball. Whitewater doesn't have the intensity, but makes up for it with the crazy ramps and silly fun.

#71 3 years ago

Both great for different reasons. They both have awesome art and sound packages (love the progressive music in WH20) and really shine when dialed in and lit up. It's really apples and oranges - do you want a game that's hard or a game that's difficult?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Zamora, CL
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
€ 3.70
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 11.00
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Holly Springs, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 109.99
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aguanga, CA
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside