You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which is a better game between BSD and Judge Dredd?”

• BSD 87 votes
    50%
  • Judge Dredd 59 votes
    34%
  • I don't know, I haven't played them both, but I do like to vote in polls. 17 votes
    10%
  • I am casting a vote for the one in my collection so I may be biased and recognize that so I clicked this one. 11 votes
    6%

(174 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mars_Attacks_Judge_Dredd.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Title says it all, which game is better and why?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I disagree that having one in your collection makes you biased. You'd be an idiot for owning one and voting for the other, don't you think? If that were the case you should obviously sell one and get the other.

I agree. Just because you own one doesn't and shouldn't disqualify you for voting for it.

I put that up there because I, for example, have a hard time being rational about Doctor Who due to how much I like the theme and it being my first pin and having it for over 20 years, blah blah blah. I know when I compare Doctor Who to other games I am sometimes biased, so I usually just skip it.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Speed:

In defense of modders everywhere, let's hope they still dream of naked people when moistening their sheets

I'm with Jodester, that's gross dude!!!!!

#33 10 years ago

For those saying the two games really don't compare because they are so different from one another, I put this poll up because they came from the same era (93), both have adult themes, and are generally around the same price points with one another.

Thanks for all the votes, very interesting to hear all the comments too.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

and want to feel like you're not the worst pinball player in the world

Avengers makes me feel like I'm the worst pinball player in the world. I'm happy I can hit the shots on Dracula with consistency . . . though Drac does make you pay for missing the shot pretty severely.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

are you playing with standard or lightnings? I can only hit the left ramp maybe 50% of the time with the lightnings.

One of my buddies has lightening on his game; another has standards (I don't own the game yet, I have one on order with a restorer who is trying to source one for me). I like it better with the standards . . . the game is brutal enough with them. I hear what your saying though.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Unlike other DMDs of the era.. there are no modes to distract you or slow the game down

I would argue that bats and rats are modes . . . they certainly distract you but don't slow the game down. I like the video mode on BSD too.

1 month later
#88 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Not even $1k? Really? Show me a decent condition one for $1k or less. I will buy it and so will the other 200 people reading this thread likely. You may not believe this but JD is every bit of a $2k game and by year end 2013 will likely (in my opinion) be a $3k game min. $1k is not even close to realistic as of June 12, 2013...please admit to that!

I agree JD is a 2k game. I don't think many pins will continue to inflate this year though, could be wrong but I don't see it hitting 3k by the end of the year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-vs-judge-dredd?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.