Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0.jpg
BSD.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattelder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 12 years ago

It's definitely a tough game for some people to get into. It's just such a merciless drain monster 95% of the time, but it keeps me coming back. I've had mine for 7 years and I'm still not bored yet!

I'd like to think I'm pretty good at it after all these years, and I've put up many an impressive score, but this game just knows how to keep you humble. I put about 20 or so games on it this weekend, and I got my ass handed to me on every single game.

Like some others have said, if you do keep it, leave the lightning flips on. It definitely makes you a better player, and besides, longer flippers aren't going to help with the real issue on this machine; those brutal outlanes!

#42 12 years ago

What I (and I'm assuming others) mean by the shorter flipper bats making you a better player, is that it forces you to learn to nudge the machine. If your bat is shorter and the ball is going to miss the end of it....you're going to learn to nudge a lot, and quickly.

The same goes for the outlanes. I know what you're saying about longer bats possibly making nice clean shots more often, but no matter what, the geometry of the layout is always going to force some nasty drains, and I think this machine does that a lot more than many others. Again, nudging is going to help a lot here too....

#72 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Or are you saying that because it will happen more often on BSD it forces you to nudge more often, thereby giving you more practice at it?

Bingo. That's exactly what I'm trying to say. You get a lot of practice this way, and that transfers to every game out there, lightning flips or not.

Post edited by MGE : fixed a typo

#73 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I can post pass on my bsd phish..just takes some practice...

Yes, indeed. I can do them on mine as well.

#75 12 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

For those having trouble with the outlanes, adjust them. Both sides have 3 settings. On my game, the left side is in the middle and the right side is all the way open. Making your game steeper can also help keep balls out of the outlanes. I find my game much more fun with it really steep.

Phish,

Please post some pics of your adjustable outlanes. Mine only has one setting and I've never seen one that's any different. I'm thinking someone drilled your playfield.

For reference, there are some good pics on the IPDB (not my game) with plastics in the outlane area removed...and no extra (or slotted) holes to adjust anything. I'd really like to see how yours differs.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattelder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-somewhat-disappointed?tu=mattelder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.