Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0.jpg
BSD.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider donjagra.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 12 years ago

I removed the larger coils and went back to lightning flippers. The balls kept flying off the rails. They still do sometimes. It is hard game and it has really grown on me. I didn't love it at first either.

#47 12 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

At the risk of an obvious question, what is so great about stacking 3 multiballs? Does one start and when that finishes the next one start? How do you stack them?

There are three different multiball modes and they are started three different ways, stack them by starting one, then the next while still in multiball from the first, etc... They run at the same time with 3x scoring. 30 mil per shot instead of 10 mil per shot.

Fun game.

#55 12 years ago

Shorter lever = less leverage.

#64 12 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

So if the bat is longer it moves slower (with the ball at the end) due to it's less mechanical advantage at the coil compared to the shorter bat.

These coils are quite strong and don't seem to have any load/speed degradation, so they travel at the same speed with the longer bat as they do with the short bat. It seems that they are limited by the coil sleeve friction more than the length of the flipper. So a longer flipper will move faster at the tip. You may have a point though, more length will cause more resistance. Remember, we are also only talking about 1/8th of an inch here, so the wider gap SDTM could be a bigger factor.

I put the shorter bats on my machine to reduce ball speed because the strength of the flippers was causing the ball to jump off the rails and it worked.

This thread shows a number of pinsiders that have changed them out for a longer bat because they felt disadvantaged by them. Therefore, it stands to reason that some effect on the gameplay does exist.

#83 12 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Assuming the coil has the ability to swing the longer moment with no rotational velocity change due to the increase in length of the flipper

I believe this was the point in contention...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider donjagra.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-somewhat-disappointed?tu=donjagra and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.