Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by aobrien5
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have witnessed on 2 seperate machines what I consider strange behaviour, not sure its as designed, a bug or a fault. This is what happened, playing a friends machine on location I managed to start video mode during multiball, obviously not ideal as the balls in play were then lost as the flippers were dead. Today at my league meet the same thing happened to the owner of the first machine on my own BSD, video mode, lost balls. He said it shouldn't do that, I said the same thing happened to me on his machine a few weeks ago. He said he has never seen it happen before.

So, owners of BSD, whats going on here? Are both machines faulty? Is it a known bug?

Thanks in advance

Kev

#2 8 years ago

Weeeeeeird. I have never run into this issue.

#3 8 years ago

I have never seen that happen and have to believe the programmers were smart enough to prevent the issue. I would presume it's a fault.

#4 8 years ago

This has happened on mine. I believe it is a known issue on all of them.

#5 8 years ago

Yeah, it happens. The code is known to be buggy, but that's the charm of BSD.

#6 8 years ago

Yep happened on my old one too...

#7 8 years ago

I've had it on occasion too, but not very often. As said above BSD code does have a few bugs in it here and there.

#8 8 years ago

Happens to mine occasionaly

#9 8 years ago

Thanks for confirming its a bug for me, I have sent my friend a link to this thread. I felt a bit like I was saying " well yours did it to me!! ", and not sure he believed me lol. Its strange that he has had BSD for a few years and never seen it, I didn't even mention it to him when it happened to me as I just thought " oh well, that was bad timing " starting video mode during multiball, not exactly being up to speed on all the rules of the machine.

Anyway thanks for the confirmation.

#10 8 years ago

Nope, and I've played about 1200 games on BSD. It may be a common defect, but I don't think it is a bug. Something is wrong with the game. My first thought was trough, and the second was an issue with the drop target.

So I'd say it's time to do some diagnostics, not blow it off as a bug. I'm sure that many games doesn't make me an expert, but that is screwy.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Nope, and I've played about 1200 games on BSD. It may be a common defect, but I don't think it is a bug. Something is wrong with the game. My first thought was trough, and the second was an issue with the drop target.
So I'd say it's time to do some diagnostics, not blow it off as a bug. I'm sure that many games doesn't make me an expert, but that is screwy.

Yeah, I'd be leaning towards a common point of failure, but I suppose it could be in an early version of software that may have had a problem. I owned my BSD for almost 8 years and put many thousands of games on it and never once had this happen either. Weird....

#12 8 years ago

I think I've seen it twice in a thousand games

#13 8 years ago

The only version of the software I've ever seen is L-1. I have seen the issue on my game for sure. Of course, just to add insult to injury, the kickout after video mode sometimes drains, and when it does, there is no ball save.

#14 8 years ago

I've also had this happen a few times happen over all the years I've owned a BSD. Thought of it like a bug, but it didn't occur often.

#15 8 years ago

You mean when you leave the multiball by hitting mist and enters the video mode ??? In that case, the machine has not had time to recognize the mist multiball. It is a common misconception.

#16 8 years ago

I've seen this twice as well.

#17 8 years ago

Yes its a bug I've seen it on multiple machines (my own and 2 on location)

1 week later
#18 8 years ago

I've seen this on multiple machines also. Definitely a software bug.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from RoberAstur:

You mean when you leave the multiball by hitting mist and enters the video mode ??? In that case, the machine has not had time to recognize the mist multiball. It is a common misconception.

Probably this. If you were in an extended multiball, and it started video mode, I'd think something is wrong, not that it's a bug. Never seen it other than hitting the mist ball into video (in which case, if you die fast enough, you still get your mb).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Prairie Village, KS
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-rules-question-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.