You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

brampromo1.jpg
brampromo2.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Hey family,

I recently snagged me a new set of BSD promo slingshot plastics.....yiippee!

I soon figured out that these need some kind of extended nut with a couple of screws to install these bad boys?! From what I can tell they sit above the original slingshot plastics (these have pre drilled holes in them already) and overlap the out lanes that head to the flippers. It's a good idea since the ball has less of a chance of smacking against them and chipping them. Buuuuut I don't know what I need or what these nuts/screws are labeled as??

Anyone in the know of this?!

Please and thanks!

Chef

#2 12 years ago

They are hex posts, search RGP, I forget the exact size/length you need.

#3 12 years ago

Is it me or do these things seem to routinely go up on eBay on a regular basis and command big money? Is someone sitting on top of a stash of these (or repro'ing them) and selling them a little at a time?

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

They are hex posts, search RGP, I forget the exact size/length you need.

Will do....I'll see what I can find. Hex posts....definitely didn't know that. Thanks.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Is it me or do these things seem to routinely go up on eBay on a regular basis and command big money? Is someone sitting on top of a stash of these (or repro'ing them) and selling them a little at a time?

I have been looking for a set for almost a year....and they just came up on eBay. Won them for $40....worth it to me....score!

#6 12 years ago

I've seen several sets recently. I was going to add them to my BSD but I think they're all overly high-priced repros. I have a problem paying $40+ for two slingshot plastics that probably cost $1.50 to make. It just seems wrong. They are cool-looking but the prices of some of these things have me reeling. Right now I'm looking for a sticker for my Black Rose cannon - they seem to go for $25+ That just seems ridiculous for a sticker. Sometimes I think some of these add-ons are a bit exploitative in the pricing dept.

#7 12 years ago

The ones on eBay are reproductions, I asked the seller. I bought some and they seem to be good quality.

#9 12 years ago

My BSD came with a set, but I sold them. I think the artwork is butt ugly haha

#10 12 years ago

Thanks for the help Tom....I am in the process of getting the parts I need to get these installed. The artwork is a bit kooky....but I like that kind of stuff.

And yes they are a bit pricey and maybe only cost $1.50 to make....but I don't have the means to do that! So someone is making them...than I am buying! This is the cycle....and how we all stay in business....I am ok with that

#11 12 years ago

can someone post a picture so I have a clue what you guys are talking about

#12 12 years ago

Here is the set I picked up. They go on and above the sling shot plastics....extending a bit over the outlanes towards the flippers. I took a pic these on top of the glass to give you an idea how they will look...when i get them dialed in.

brampromo2.jpgbrampromo2.jpg brampromo1.jpgbrampromo1.jpg

#13 12 years ago

Very cool

#14 12 years ago

They're definitely reproductions, but in good quality and they do look good. That being said, I think they are overpriced and the seller never really tells you on the eBay page that they are reproductions. I had the same problem mounting mine as well, even with the posts ordered. But, I was able to stick them on using only (1) screw a piece and it seems to be staying very well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 84.99

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-promo-plastics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.