Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

$(KGrHqR,!mIFGHii)Rg1BRkECBMBdQ~~60_57.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Do you guys think this could happen? They just got out TS, and I know they had to do some licensing. I would love to get this set with the proto slings.

#2 10 years ago

There is almost no art work on BSD.............It would be easy for Stu, he is a jedi master!

#4 10 years ago

Hopefully he will chime in.

#5 10 years ago

Do it Stu it!

#6 10 years ago

Yes please.

#7 10 years ago

I would buy a set!

#8 10 years ago

I'd be in for a set.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

BSD plastics would be a big hit!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

Anything BSD related would be a hit. Rick at PPS has said it's a licensing issue.

#10 10 years ago

Rick has definitely said that playfields and cabinet art are a licensing issue. I'd have to check, but I'm not sure there's anything on the plastics that might need licensing...

Jaz

#11 10 years ago

Still waiting for my D&D plastics which the artwork is already done for. Get in line.

#12 10 years ago

Anybody have a good picture of a Clean "Complete" Set of Plastics I can look at?
I have scans of the Proto Sling Plastics (the Real Ones Not the knock-offs on eBay)....

#13 10 years ago

Stu you are awesome, please someone with a nos send stu a scan. I have been hoping for this for years. I hope this can happen

#14 10 years ago

Ok, let's be clear, I have not commited to this project, I simply asked for a "picture" of a Complete Set of Plastics (so that I can evaluate it as a project)....I did not ask for a 'scan'....

Stu

Quoted from srmonte:

please someone with a nos send stu a scan

#15 10 years ago

My bad sorry, yes I understand it is still under consideration.

#17 10 years ago

If this was to ever happen, Put me down for a set as well! Hell.... I'd even Pre-Pay!

#18 10 years ago

Bump, anyone have a picture of a complete BSD plastics set that you can post so stu can take a look at it?

#19 10 years ago

Not mine

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#20 10 years ago

There would be no trade mark issues...............You cannot trade mark color.

$(KGrHqR,!mIFGHii)Rg1BRkECBMBdQ~~60_57.jpg$(KGrHqR,!mIFGHii)Rg1BRkECBMBdQ~~60_57.jpg

#21 10 years ago

Totally.

Thanks for making the shadow!!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

There would be no trade mark issues...............You cannot trade mark color.

Sorry to say that you CAN trade mark a colour...Cadbury have trademarked "their" blue....ridiculous but true....

#23 10 years ago

Those sets look relatively complete, and it's good that a few of the skinny plastics are unbroken, so that accurate scans could be done to get the shapes right. I do see that there is at least one missing piece, I don't see the pop bumper cap 'mummy' round plastic. Were there any keychain plastics in BSD sets? Getting together a complete set is always a challenge...

-Jim

#24 10 years ago

No true.... I worked for a sign company many, many years ago and a lot of larger corporations have special colors developed for their products that are custom and trademarked (like Coca-Cola red)

There would be no trade mark issues...............You cannot trade mark color

#25 10 years ago

I don't need a whole set, but I'd buy a couple sets of slings for sure, and a center plastic or 2

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Sorry to say that you CAN trade mark a colour...Cadbury have trademarked "their" blue....ridiculous but true....

You are correct, but I was speaking more about the licensing issue. Color trademark is more complicated than what you are speaking of and it is done for more complicated reasons than just to protect a color. I work in an industry that has to deal with this everyday. As an example, in the case of Cadbury, they are not protecting the color as much as preventing a competitor from coming out with a chocolate bar in a purple wrapper or a private label/store brand coming out in a purple label. Truthfully you can trademark anything, but it doesn't mean that it will hold up in a court of law. In the case of BSD plastics, I think we can all agree we are safe..............And lastly.....Thanks Stu, I ordered a set of the Shadow plastics.............You are the best!!!!

#27 10 years ago

Thanks, I do what I can to help the pinball community, but it's definately a team effort.....

Stu

And lastly.....Thanks Stu, I ordered a set of The Shadow plastics.............You are the best!!!!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Thanks, I do what I can to help the pinball community, but it's definately a team effort.....
Stu

Absolutely, thank you from me also. I ordered a set of Shadow plastics too. Hopefully you decide to do BSD plastics too. I'd be in for a set.

#29 10 years ago

Ahh coca cola red that red is hell to match on a printer.

#30 10 years ago

There is a partial set on eBay right now going or $340. WOW!!!!!

#31 10 years ago

Up to $400..........If you guys remember it was a Shadow set that sold for $475 on ebay that sparked the interest in doing a rerun. I sold my Shadow set for $375 back in the day, just bought it back for $155.

ebay.com link: itm

#32 10 years ago

That's a lot of coin.

#33 10 years ago

I have a NOS set i'll sell for $400. ha!

#34 10 years ago

Don't blame you there Cayle. Hope CPR can do a repro in the future.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from caylegeorge:

I have a NOS set i'll sell for $400. ha!

If you really have a set you could help others out by sending your NOS plastics off to cpr to make a set. It's your plastics though but I bet cpr would hook you up with a free set. You'd have to contact them though.

#36 10 years ago

If they want them, CPR can use them for sure no problemo.

1 week later
#37 10 years ago

Bump for new bsd plastics!!!!!!!!

#38 10 years ago

You are correct, but I was speaking more about the licensing issue. Color trademark is more complicated than what you are speaking of and it is done for more complicated reasons than just to protect a color. I work in an industry that has to deal with this everyday. As an example, in the case of Cadbury, they are not protecting the color as much as preventing a competitor from coming out with a chocolate bar in a purple wrapper or a private label/store brand coming out in a purple label. Truthfully you can trademark anything, but it doesn't mean that it will hold up in a court of law. In the case of BSD plastics, I think we can all agree we are safe..............And lastly.....Thanks Stu, I ordered a set of The Shadow plastics.............You are the best!!!!

When all you are doing is color trademark you can simply modify the color a bit and you are fine. I'd be more concerned with an issue around the shape of the plastics if those were somehow protected...which I doubt but you never know.

#39 10 years ago

Oh, I would buy a set of these by the way. Count me in too.

#40 10 years ago

Would love to see CPR do plastics and Pinball Inc do ramps.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Would love to see CPR do plastics and Pinball Inc do ramps.

Who was it who just re-did the Doctor Who ramps? That wasn't Pinball Inc was it? Another guy and his plastic printer?

#42 10 years ago

I believe it was pinball inc but I could be wrong, not sure.

#43 10 years ago

Yes. It was Pinball Inc., I picked up a set at Allentown, includes all ramp decals.

#44 10 years ago

Absolutely Pinball Inc. I have 5 sets in stock.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Yes. It was Pinball Inc., I picked up a set at Allentown, includes all ramp decals.

Cool; i need to order a set ASAP before they run out.

5 months later
#46 10 years ago

So I am wondering if stu ever got a verdict on repro BSD plastics.?

#47 10 years ago

No he didn't

#48 10 years ago

Patiently standing buy. I'm in for a set Stu when they come around.

#49 10 years ago

I'll buy. I'd even buy if we could get everything other than the proto slings, which I wouldn't use anyway, and the skill shot and pop cap, which are the only two plastics with anything movie related that may avoid a license for that part.

#50 10 years ago

BSD is one of the best "B" titles out there. If Stu can get this done it would be amazing. Stu, If you need some start up support, let me know. We can get you some money to get this started.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-plastics-set-produced-by-cpr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.