6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1070 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

My outhole switch was not registering drains. Did not register in tests either. The switch had some suspect solder connections so I pulled it out and resoldered. After that the switch started to register properly in tests. Everything seemed fine until I started a game. The switch died again before the first drain. I cant find any other wiring issues. I also reseated the appropriate plug on the board. Hopefully this is the last in a long list of problems with this BSD

Pic is pre resoldering

Any help is much appreciated

IMG_1070 (resized).JPGIMG_1070 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

While in test levels I kept triggering the switch while wiggling wires. Finally noticed that bending one of the actual lugs on the switch would get it to fire. I bent it enough that the switch stays working. Will have to replace eventually

#3 6 years ago

I always replace suspect switches , think of how much time you can save just by changing out an old switch that giving trouble . When ordering parts I always add extra items in to build my collection of parts on hand . A lot of switches , you can pull the arm off and just hook them to a new body , so it doesnt always need to be the exact switch .

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

I always replace suspect switches , think of how much time you can save just by changing out an old switch that giving trouble . When ordering parts I always add extra items in to build my collection of parts on hand . A lot of switches , you can pull the arm off and just hook them to a new body , so it doesnt always need to be the exact switch .

Yes that's a good tip. Thx!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-outhole-switch-issue?hl=ruddiger52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.