Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ruddiger52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1070 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

My outhole switch was not registering drains. Did not register in tests either. The switch had some suspect solder connections so I pulled it out and resoldered. After that the switch started to register properly in tests. Everything seemed fine until I started a game. The switch died again before the first drain. I cant find any other wiring issues. I also reseated the appropriate plug on the board. Hopefully this is the last in a long list of problems with this BSD

Pic is pre resoldering

Any help is much appreciated

IMG_1070 (resized).JPG

#2 2 years ago

While in test levels I kept triggering the switch while wiggling wires. Finally noticed that bending one of the actual lugs on the switch would get it to fire. I bent it enough that the switch stays working. Will have to replace eventually

#3 2 years ago

I always replace suspect switches , think of how much time you can save just by changing out an old switch that giving trouble . When ordering parts I always add extra items in to build my collection of parts on hand . A lot of switches , you can pull the arm off and just hook them to a new body , so it doesnt always need to be the exact switch .

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

I always replace suspect switches , think of how much time you can save just by changing out an old switch that giving trouble . When ordering parts I always add extra items in to build my collection of parts on hand . A lot of switches , you can pull the arm off and just hook them to a new body , so it doesnt always need to be the exact switch .

Yes that's a good tip. Thx!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, MI
$ 279.95
4,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, OH
$ 209.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 50.00
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wappingers Falls, NY
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
$ 109.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside