BSD or TTFTC???

By DavidC

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

i ve played both and loved both...i have an opportunity for both to buy...but cash only for one...
wich one and why?
please let me know what you think about that...

#2 10 years ago

All about what style you like, I have both and would say BSD all day long....

#3 10 years ago

I've played BSD and owned TFTC and I'd vote BSD all the way. If you can get past the rough Ron Jeremy action figure laying peacefully in a coffin, the game is a lot of fun.

#4 10 years ago

i ve already had a BSD and regrets to have sold it...but TTFTC seems to be deeper...

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

I've played BSD and owned TFTC and I'd vote BSD all the way. If you can get past the rough Ron Jeremy action figure laying peacefully in a coffin, the game is a lot of fun.

lol

#6 10 years ago

Both are great under valued machines. I would lean towards BSD because there really is nothing else out there like it. I bought one as a space filler 10 years ago and I still have it. Like "The Shadow" you may not like it much at first, but give it time and you will be hooked. TFTC came out in 1993 and to compete with B/W, Data East loaded that game with captive ball, spinners, shaker motor, deep ruleset, great dot matrix animation etc. Because of this it has alot of staying power in a collection too. Whatever you decide, you will be happy with either machine.

#7 10 years ago

BSD by a giant margin..

#8 10 years ago

I sold tftc and got bsd. I really like bsd. tftc is cool but I never fell in love with it.
BSD pisses me off so badly that I have to keep playing one more game!

#9 10 years ago

I would give the nod to BSD, but both are great games that you can't go wrong with. TFTC is considerably deeper than BSD, but BSD is harder and has that great 'one more game' quality. TFTC has the more open playfield and plays fast and furious, while BSD is more a strategic sharpshooters game. It really depends on what you want out of a game at the moment as both are winners in my book.

Brian

#10 10 years ago

Have had both still have tftc.
Its deeper and a fun theme. Having said that
I really loved bsdtoo. It creatings its own horror atmosphere
But i like deeper silly fun themes.
Good luck

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

i ve already had a BSD and regrets to have sold it...but TTFTC seems to be deeper...

If you've already owned BSD why not pick up TFTC to see how you like it. You can always sell/trade it for another BSD later.

I own both. Very different games. BSD's quick, brutal and one of the best one trick ponies (multi-multiball). TFTC's deeper, mode based, has awesome dmd animations and guests (especially women) love it. I'm keeping both but if I had to choose I'd pick TFTC.

#12 10 years ago

Go for the BSD because my tales is not for sales

#13 10 years ago

I like the dotmation on TFTC its really one of the all time best and it sounds great in BSMT 2000 stereo plus its usually cheaper than BSD. TFTC also has a topper and a future reproduction topper from Joe that looks great! You could make an argument to buy either pin so sell another pin, get both and add a Freddie K. thay way you can get all the cheaper horror pins. It is the belief of many that these titles will continue to rise in price. There is a reason Black Rose will not move out his BSD out of his gameroom garage, its fun to play and upside for a higher price as more people enter the hobby.

#14 10 years ago

TFTC is my next pin. I like BSD, but I just can't see myself owning it. It's hard, it has weird art (Winona is sucking on Drac's nips, for Christ's sake), but I love the pop bumper sound effects.

TFTC FTW IMO

#15 10 years ago

I love BOTH of the machines but from an artistic viewpoint, TFTC smokes BSD.

The blue playfield in Drac is so offsetting compared to the theme. The Ron Jeremy action figure is pretty bad. The rest of the art package is just ok in my opinion.
TFTC has a great art package on the playfield (true to the EC comics) but the original translite is pretty weak. I think the alt translite is much better.
As far as gameplay goes I love playing both machines, but I have only logged a dozen games on BSD whereas I own TFTC and can attest that it is a very fun game with a ton of modes.

#16 10 years ago

I own both of these bad boys....hmmm...I'm having a hard time deciding. BSD will kick your ass and slice off your butt cheeks of that same ass if you don't know what you are doing. But know the game..the shots...how to hit those loops and run up the score and you have one heck of an adrenaline rush. It's dark and moody yet colorful and enthralling. LOVE IT.

TFTC has some killer ramps that are not always simple to hit....especially that right ramp that needs enough MPH on the ball to dump it up to the top ramp. It's spooky yet wacky....tacky yet slap happy....and is never serious. Even as the crypt keeper yells ANGOR as he saves your ball off the ball plunge is cool. LOVE IT.

DMD animations are equal
Music is equal
Call outs are equal
Both have a push button skill shot but BSD wins in that category
TFTC has a killer topper...BSD none

Hmmm....I can't decide.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18 10 years ago

TFTC to me is still fun and I wanted it as my first pin. I remember playing in pool hall and liked it along with the show. There was a BSD as well but I never gave it much of a try and would like to revisit someday but always here good things. TFTC has a lot in it for the value.

#19 10 years ago

Tftc gets my vote
Both are rad and unique games but TFTC is more for less money imo

#20 10 years ago

If you have to choose one... play it and then pay it.

The trick with this is that BSD is one of those games that you have to REALLY play to REALLY git it. But once you get it... it's like a bad addiction. You can't resist it's call.

TFTC is possibly the ONLY DE game I'd put into my collection. It's a true player that has lots to do on it and it does not get boring easily.

Of course the pin-hoarder in me heartily recommends that you get both and play them over and over. I will say selfishly that both of these decks are on my "want" list. So if you do pass on one, please be kind enough to let me know about the other.

Be well.

KMR

#21 10 years ago

Hands on the flippers I'd go with TFTC.

#22 10 years ago

I have always liked TFTC better.

I do like BSD also just not as much as TFTC.

#23 10 years ago

I have owned both pins in the past and I enjoyed BSD a LOT more. I got TFTC and only had it for about 6 months and really grew tired of it, to the point where it annoyed the crap out of me. I've owed BSD 2 times already now and will probably own a 3rd one day - It's a much better game by far IMHO. Nothing beats stacking multiballs for 30 MIIILLLLIIIIIOOONNNN!

#24 10 years ago

I have them both in play.
BSD is more challenging but TFTC is a funny pinball maschine even for novice.
But I play BSD alot more.
Totally agree with PinFan4Life.

Thiiirrrrrrrtttyyy Miiillliiiooonnn!!
And don´t forget the nice Castle Jackpot X3 if you build it up.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

The trick with this is that BSD is one of those games that you have to REALLY play to REALLY git it. But once you get it... it's like a bad addiction. You can't resist it's call.

And THERE it is. How often has a quick game or two turned into a binge of BSD. Clawing a scratching to beat it. Through the night the games get shorter and shorter, and the laugh of Dracula as you drain out of multiball boils your blood. You start just going for coffin multiball because you can no longer stack anything. And all you want to do is kill Drac just once... maybe the next game will go better... mercy mist multiball on the 3rd ball just to hear "Tennn Millionn" because you know you won't be getting "Thirrrrttttyyyyyy" tonight.

Ok, yes, I love that freaking game.

#26 10 years ago

tftc crypt is much better in my opinion. i recently went to look at a bsd and an sg. out of the 2 i made an offer on sg. the offer was not excepted. the bsd i wouldnt of takin home for half price cuz in my opinion just plain boring.i went thinking i would like it and leave with it, myst multiball... all the hype u would think myst would come out of playfield, not. playfield empty and dull. next to the 2 pins sat a shaq attack(bottom of rankings) i pushed the start button and was amazed with the fact that my first impression was wow this is fun, actually more fun than the bsd which is rated like 23 or something. i offered 400 and took it home. is it as fun now?... well sort of i just gotta keep telling myself well funner than the number 23 pin and i only had to pay 400. blast away with your silver bullits thats my story and im sticking to it. and yes i do have a tftc dont plan on selling so not worried about upping its ranking and price and would never trade for bsd even if mint.

#27 10 years ago

BSD all day! I hear a lot of people say they tried it and its boring. It is not a pin you can just try a few times somewhere and enjoy it. It's all about stacking multi balls. It's a very tough pin and the most rewarding I have ever played. Not going anywhere!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

I thought that was Fritz.

#29 10 years ago

So which one did you get???

#30 10 years ago

Not a fan of Data East games, BSD all the way..

#31 10 years ago

BSD is way more challenging, but both are very fun. I would go BSD!

#32 10 years ago

I would go with BSD. I had a TFTC and loved it but getting some good gameplay of BSD in at Betelgeuses house, I have to admit I like BSD better.

#33 10 years ago

I'm going with the Crypt Keeper. BSD is certainly a challenging game, but TFTC is no slouch in that department. TFTC roughs me up regularly, but jackpots and that right ramp are addictive. Lots of posts to bang off of if you're not on your game. Plenty of satisfying shots when you can nail them. I just wish the drains off of launch weren't quite so frequent. Ball save helps, but there are rare times when 3 launches in a row never even touch a flipper. Launch drains also can kill a multiball. Also the left exit from the pops up top loves to try and go SDTM or test your tilt settings.

BSD has always left me cold. I am not usually bothered by the look or theme of a game, but BSD is the exception for me. I've never found the love in my limited play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 18.95
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-or-ttftc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.