Topic poll

“Bram Stoker’s Dracula or Doctor Who?”

• BSD all the way 84 votes
    83%
  • DW is clearly better 17 votes
    17%

(101 votes)

#1 1 year ago

Two great games in my opinion. Which one do you think is better?

#2 1 year ago

FYI he's not a "Dr."

I don't find any similarity in these games.
DW scoring is too imbalanced for me. The Sonic booms are so valuable it's hard not to focus on them. I'm not a huge BSD fan but with lightning Flippers it csn be a bit of an ass kicker. DW can get annoying on the audio dept. For sure as well.

#3 1 year ago

how are these similar? just curious what your thought are, I would never consider them similar in really any way.

but for your poll BSD all the way.

"I never drink wine"

#4 1 year ago

BSD "This is too easy"

#5 1 year ago

In a tournament setting I vote #bram because it's a fast playing game with one objective- stack the three multi-balls.
For route or home use I think it comes down to which theme you like better. #doctorwho is a deeper game, the seven different doctors are an interesting touch even if most of them are useless if you're only playing for score.
Doctor Who is still making new episodes on TV so more potential fans.

On the other hand, BSD has Fluffy... Hit the Start- or Launch button when Dracula crosses his eyes.
http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows%26Easter.htm#B

#6 1 year ago

All this talk of "deep rules" is vastly overrated when it comes to fun pinball. So many classic games that have next to no depth...and guess what... they make for KILLER home games.

BSD is one of the coolest - most wicked - games ever manufactured.

Easy decision.

#7 1 year ago

Love Never Dies.

BSD, all day, every day.

#8 1 year ago

DW is not a perfect game, but upgraded with a PinSound it is amazing (alt translite doesn't hurt either). DW is a pin I have enjoyed working on and playing, which I can't say the same about many others in the collection, past and present

I have never "gotten" BSD although it seems like a good game as well. Theme might be the way to make your choice

#10 1 year ago

I own both but BSD all the way.

#11 1 year ago

Dr Who sucks. The only good part is the song that plays when you hit start. #BSDFORLIFE!

#12 1 year ago

Wow. BSD is really taking cake here. I also think BSD is better although I don’t have much time on DW.

#13 1 year ago

"Fluffy the vampire" easter egg is funny. For me I like both. Doctor in the house and I will have Dracula soon. So in short I like both of them!!

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

"Fluffy the vampire" easter egg is funny. For me I like both. Doctor in the house and I will have Dracula soon. So in short I like both of them!!

Would you trade your Who for the BSD?

#15 1 year ago

Ive had bsd for almost 4 years ..... alot of great pins have been in my collection but are now gone. Something about bsd makes it really great for me.

#16 1 year ago

I had these two games sitting next to each other for years. I would play DW considerably more often than BSD. Overall I think DW has more ways to attack it which keeps it interesting for me. BSD on the other hand was frustrating 9/10 games, but the 10th game when you get all multiballs going at the same time and you keep hitting the jackpots, that level of excitement can't be achieved in DW.

With that being said, I would choose DW over BSD in a small collection and I chose it even in a larger collection.

#17 1 year ago

Without a doubt, BSD all the way! Just had and rejected an offer to sell mine.

Dr. Who is a snooze fest.

#18 1 year ago

Dr. Who is fun and is a good game but it's no BSD. Stacking those multiballs is a singular experience. Oh, and TheLaw, he's not A doctor, he's THE doctor.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ive had bsd for almost 4 years ..... alot of great pins have been in my collection but are now gone. Something about bsd makes it really great for me.

BSD was my first pin, and I've had it for three years now. Still my favorite pin, and I can't foresee the day that I'd consider selling it.

BSD is the Tetris of pinball. It has a clear goal that must be set-up in a way similar that you set up the pieces in a game of Tetris (getting the triple multiball prepped not being so different from getting a 4-line Tetris prepped, then rinse and repeat ad nauseam). Both addictive games with relatively linear, repetitive gameplay, but the challenge of doing it all better than you've done before persists. Some games lose some life once you've accomplished all the main goals, leaving little desire to do it all again for a higher score, but BSD has the factor of "simple to learn, difficult to master" that lends itself to pressing the start button over and over again. Blood pumping volume shifts, a fun video mode, and several incredibly satisfying jackpot opportunities don't hurt either

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Would you trade your Who for the BSD?

Cannot do that. It would upset the balance!

#21 1 year ago

the music on DW grates on me. I had the game for 10 years, sold it maybe 6 years ago and I still can't get it that music out of my head. I much prefer BSD.

#22 1 year ago

I’ve owned BSD for 22 years.
It’s an Excellent game!
everyone who comes over loves that it’s very challenging and it’s great how it taunts you for poor pinball skills.
Always liked DW but never found a nice one locally.

#23 1 year ago

I’d consider any reasonable offers if anyone is looking to sell me their DW!!

#24 1 year ago

BSD
Brutally honest pinball right there.

#25 1 year ago

I own both as well, and I have to say that I probably consider BSD a better game. It's just pure pinball perfection.
DW is also a ton of fun though, and a bit more accessible to someone that isn't a masochist.

They are beside each other and will likely never leave.... but if I had to get rid of one, it'd be DW.

#26 1 year ago

I own both. BSD has outlasted every other pin I have owned. Doctor Who may be leaving soon.

#27 1 year ago

While I like BSD, it's DW for me! Besides being a DW fan, I love the Time Expander. It's truly a unique pinball toy. I also like the multiple ways to play DW. Either way, you can't go wrong!

#28 1 year ago

I know people that love Dr. Who.

I thought I loved it. It turned out to set a record for the shortest amount of time I've owned any pin.

But... it's what YOU think that's important.

#29 1 year ago

Unless you just LOOOVE the DW theme, BSD is about 2000 gallons of blood better. BSD is a long term keeper. DW I loved first few months and then tired of it quick.

#30 1 year ago

I like both of these games quite a bit. Going for W-H-O and loops/ Sonic Booms doesn’t ever seem to get old.

#31 1 year ago

I have both. They are both great games but I feel that DW is only very challenging and fun with a multiple player game. BSD is fun no matter the number of players.

They both only have a few ways to score big points.

In a tight game, bats and rats on BSD can win you the game. Longer games in the billions will need stacking of multiballs.

On DW, you have multiball, video modes, or sonic booms. One criticism with DW and new players is that is isn’t super clear what each doctor does, even though it gives you a hint on the DMD. You will need playfield multipliers if you want to reach a billion on DW.

I would consider trading DW in the future but I don’t see anything ever replacing BSD.

#32 1 year ago

DW is my dream theme. Grew up watching that show with my dad and love hearing Daleks yell at me. BSD's art package is absolutely horrific - it's like it was drawn by a small child - or by me because I can't draw. Also - the call outs are pretty bad (love never dies, mist = vince).

Having said that, BSD hands down. No contest. Game play is just fantastic.

#34 1 year ago

BSD is pretty good but one tough game. I really don't care for the theme but I always enjoy playing it. That is until I get tired of the game kicking my butt. I have to go with DW, though. I really enjoy the Time Expander and getting sonic booms. Audio can get annoying but fits the theme.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
$ 109.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Radford, VA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Machine - For Sale
Saint Petersburg, FL
$ 5.00
Boards
PinSound
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 209.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside