IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2807 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170917_155556 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170917_161111 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170917_155542 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170917_151031 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pjm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

If BSD new ramps can be offered with flaps and decals, how much of an interest is there? Just curious on potential numbers. Thanks.

#8 7 years ago

I may have them ready in a couple of weeks. Next week is fit, form and function. If that goes well... ready in two or three weeks. Still would like an quantity idea. You can PM also. Thanks.

#10 7 years ago

That is a good question and one that is not finalized yet but I am thinking $165 for big and $75 for mid and $45 for third and total for three $285 but this is just preliminary numbers.

#21 7 years ago

Yes, new decals and flaps.

#49 7 years ago

The preproduction ramps arrived today! And look outstanding. Few pictures. Hopefully fit , form and function tonight. There are 14 decals, 5 metal parts and 1 flap to a set! This is a lot. I am trying to hold pricing to my "preliminary" numbers but may scope a little but nothing drastic. Decal quotes are coming in higher than expected. Tooling is not cheap either. IMG_1872 (resized).JPGIMG_1872 (resized).JPGIMG_1876 (resized).JPGIMG_1876 (resized).JPGIMG_1873 (resized).JPGIMG_1873 (resized).JPGIMG_1874 (resized).JPGIMG_1874 (resized).JPGIMG_1875 (resized).JPGIMG_1875 (resized).JPG

#52 7 years ago

Well, I have been working on this for 8 months. Just did not want to be a situation where I could not keep a ship date until I know.

#59 7 years ago

I have talked to Rick at PPS regarding the decals.

#64 7 years ago

These ramps are professionally done. There is no question on the quality or thickness. However I will provide the results. I may also send one to a well known well respected individual who restores games to get his opinion.

#65 7 years ago

Fit form and function for the main ramp and straight shooter ramp was good. I will get to the mid curved ramp tonight.
I will keep everyone posted on when orders can be placed. I want everything ready to ship when orders are received. If everything goes well, I expect this to happen within 4 weeks. I will update this thread at least once a week for information.

2 weeks later
#81 7 years ago

The ramps will be available in about two weeks. The metal pieces in about 2-3 weeks. The decals are a little unknown at this time. The original decals will be available but are with Rick at PPS. I am working with him on decals. With everything else, I am making some pretty cool alternative decals. I am sure a lot will want to keep the original look though, but just an option. The ramps can be purchased without decals and the metal parts. I will get a price on this option. I hope to have these ready in 3-4 weeks. Some time to rivet metal parts on. No limit on the first run, so there will be enough to fill all orders. Currently making a shipping box now - main ramp is wide and long. Brian Kelly has agreed to inspect the ramps for everyone's concerns of quality. I will post his thoughts.

1 week later
#84 7 years ago

Quick update. Been busy but all is well. There are always delays but none significant. I do not know if the decals will be available or not that is up to Rick at PPS. I will have the ramps with all metal brackets available soon. I may do a one time run and be done. Should satisfy all on this thread plus others. Hopefully soon. Thanks.

2 weeks later
#98 6 years ago

I am going to go direct on PS for those on the thread and for those who contacted me. Rick will be taking orders also there after. A little longer then expected but looks like all is going well. I am hoping ramps will be boxed and ready to ship in 3 weeks but maybe 4.

2 weeks later
#117 6 years ago

Parts are off the press but need to be routed and inspected then metal pieces rivited. Still a lot of work but closer. Always longer than expected but worth the wait!

2 weeks later
#127 6 years ago

Yes, sorry about that. Things are progressing! I have the metal pieces and I am cleaning them and getting them ready for riveting. The ramps are still being laser cut. Ric at PPS thinks the decals will be ready soon as of last week. Bryan Kelly was over last night. Just talking shop and using his expertise! Shipping boxes are here also. Once the ramps arrive I will need to get the process for riveting. Just to get the correct fit without being loose. Also, need to apply one decal - one of the metal parts are riveted over this decal. Main ramp where the opto is. I hope to send more out end of this week or middle of next. Hope all have a great Memorial Day weekend!

#134 6 years ago

Funny Bryan! But yes, any request for loose parts or the like can be accommodated. Decals will be in a sheet. I am just applying one decal on so I can rivet the part over the decal.

#138 6 years ago

Quick update: Decals delayed a week or so per Rick at PPS.

1 week later
#141 6 years ago

Decals shipped last week. I do not have them yet. All else is going well. Ramps are still being cut. Hopefully soon.

#142 6 years ago

The decals arrived yesterday. I expect ramps to start to arrive end of next week. The plan is to ramp up inventory! Ramp up - ha. Anywho, that is the plan. I like to have ramps ready to go upon receipt of any money. Riveting and applying one of the decals - just one of the 15 decals, takes time. I am calculating the price but may need to be adjusted but nothing significant. I know some have PM'd me but I would like to start a list now. So those that did not PM me please do. I will contact you when available. There were some request about loose metal parts and such, so please let me know what you want. Thank you and to Rick at PPS.

3 weeks later
#144 6 years ago

Yes, I apologize for not getting back to everyone on this. We are just trying to get the decals to everyone’s liking! Throughout production of this game there seems to be variations on the red color in the decals. Along with myself, Bryan Kelly, PPS, and the decal supplier we are trying to get the best colors for the game. This is taking a little time that was not accounted for but worth doing. Again, I apologize for the delay. If I had to guess! We are looking at a couple of more weeks. I am getting samples of colors today again and hopefully Bryan and I can pick the color. Much thanks to Bryan and Rick at PPS. I will be more courteous on getting back to everyone from now on.

1 week later
#147 6 years ago

I want to show a situation with the ramps. Please see attached pictures. The main ramp as you can see has "dimples" on the edges. The back ones I do not believe are a concern because they are tucked in the back. I want to know how much of a concern this is. I unfortunately cannot have these remade - without going further in explanation I cannot. The other 2 ramps are good without this abnormallyWIN_20170721_14_16_07_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20170721_14_16_07_Pro (resized).jpg. Please let me know if this affects your decision to purchase. Thank you. WIN_20170721_14_18_37_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20170721_14_18_37_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20170721_14_15_54_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20170721_14_15_54_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20170721_14_15_23_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20170721_14_15_23_Pro (resized).jpg

#166 6 years ago

Any of the three can be purchased. No change in process but an unknown outcome resulted. Not significant but wanted this to be known so there are no surprises or ill feelings.

#170 6 years ago

Should be ready very soon. Do not have an exact date yet. Decals needed some attention for color match. Should have them soon. Thank you.

1 month later
#173 6 years ago

IMG_20170917_195918 (resized).jpgIMG_20170917_195918 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170917_153621 (resized).jpgIMG_20170917_153621 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170917_151031 (resized).jpgIMG_20170917_151031 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170917_155542 (resized).jpgIMG_20170917_155542 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170917_161111 (resized).jpgIMG_20170917_161111 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170917_155556 (resized).jpgIMG_20170917_155556 (resized).jpg

#175 6 years ago

Once again I apologize! But now all is well ☺.This was a lot of work but truly worth it! They look great . Putting the three decals on perfectly and riviting 5 metal parts on is well a lot of work. Need to be very careful for finger prints, dust and anything else. I will contact every one that emailed me in order. The price I hope is acceptable $315 I think I said $285 preliminary but this is time consuming. Thank you and thank you to Rick at PPS.

#182 6 years ago

Should be enough for everyone! I hope☺. I can send invoices or PayPal me when I email you. I was just boxing up more. I just need to organize shipping and actual shipping cost. Thank you.

#184 6 years ago

I am not sure about more in the future but I will let everyone know if there is not. I am going to calculate a flat domestic shipping rate. I will be conservative. I just do not want to keep calculating the shipping then get back to each with price then go back and ship. I will be conservative and use one as the baseline. Thank you.

#185 6 years ago

Well, I think it be easier if you want to buy these most incredible ramps! to just PayPal me at [email protected] for $315 plus - unfortunately shipping is high so I am going to just say $30 but I have had shipping cost up to $57 so I will share this cost. Please put your address in the note section. Thank you.

#201 6 years ago

I have to ship several tomorrow.I wanted to do this today but did not get there in time. All current orders will ship tomorrow.Thank you very much.

2 weeks later
#213 6 years ago

They are still available?!

#215 6 years ago

Yes, I did and they look great! But I might be bias though ha!

1 month later
#216 6 years ago

With Mirco making the BSD playfield very soon, I will help out - in price - with the new ramps offered. Just let me know if you are interested in the ramps. Thank you.

2 months later
#218 6 years ago

Now shipping is included! Also, I have some main ramps with very minor imperfections and will disclose with pics before sending(set $225) . Thank you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pjm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-new-ramps?tu=pjm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.