• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0957.jpg
IMG_0956.jpg
IMG_0953.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jbp8653.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hello all! Just replaced the mpu on my BSD. I got the Rottendog board with all the stuff already installed so all I had to do was swap out the boards. When I took the old board off I seen that there where about 5 jumpers wires soldered in! Is there anyone who repairs these boards properly? I think it would be a good idea to have the factory original board intact. It probably had battery damage at one time. The battery holder is remotely located. Please let me know who can repair!!! Thanks, John

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Jumper wires may have been the most appropriate way to fix this. Why did you replace it, was it not working?

Ground short error message. All kinds of switch and magnet errors.Slam tilt message out of the blue a couple times when game was powered up but not being played, Comes and goes. After pin was powered up for a few minutes it would go back to normal and play perfectly. I am pretty good at r&r of parts but I am not great at diagnosing. I did all the testing of switches that I knew to do and looked on the forum. Most searches I pulled up said the board was the likely problem. Got a new Rottendog board with all the external chips installed for 263.00 shipped. All I had to do was un screw the old one and pop in the new one. Seems to work perfect now. Keeping my fingers crossed.

#6 8 years ago

You could prob just sell the broken MPU for $75-100 to someone here. Cut your expense on the $263 you spent. No reason to hold onto it IMO unless you have other bad WPC games or expect future issues. You can use that $ for some PinBlades or some other cool mod!

I have a TZ as well. I understand the boards are interchangeable. Just need to plug in the right roms. Good to have a spare I think.

#8 8 years ago

Its one of those things, if you sell it you'll need it right away, if you keep it you'll never need it! LOL
other board guys on PS are Borygurd, Chris Hibler.

sent e mail to John Wort Jr. He has already responded asking for pictures of the board..Fast service!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 8 years ago

John got back to me. Said board has too much acid damage to repair with in a reasonable amount of money.

#15 8 years ago

Here it is. It actually works fine. I replaced it with a new rottendog board because I thought it would fix a problem. It didn't so it wasn't the board. Back to the drawing board!!!!!!!IMG_0953.JPGIMG_0953.JPGIMG_0956.JPGIMG_0956.JPGIMG_0957.JPGIMG_0957.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jbp8653.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-mpu?tu=jbp8653 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.