Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 89 days ago by harig
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7E91E89E-CC78-4581-8B33-900D8C1C0A66 (resized).jpeg
D7CED89C-1726-4462-85BE-21C3B0D85C72 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 months ago

Hi everyone,

See attached picture, should this part be here or has it been added? It is connected to the motor for the most ball magnet, If so then why has it been added. Also should I be getting a reading from both sides with the multimeter even if the machine is just in attract mode? I am only getting a reading from one side.
7E91E89E-CC78-4581-8B33-900D8C1C0A66 (resized).jpegD7CED89C-1726-4462-85BE-21C3B0D85C72 (resized).jpeg

#2 3 months ago

Added on. No idea what for.

LTG : )

#3 3 months ago

Isn't it Mist Multiball?

#4 3 months ago

Must have all that cable for a reason, very strange.

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Isn't it Mist Multiball?

Yes it is

#6 3 months ago

Well whatever it is there seems to be no power coming out of one side of it to power the motor???

#7 3 months ago

Looks like a motor driver board. Maybe they replaced the OEM motor and needed it to drive the new one. All the extra wire is strange. Maybe it was already soldered to the motor and they were too lazy to cut and resolder it?

#8 89 days ago

I think this needs to go in the "worst hacks" thread!

#9 89 days ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Looks like a motor driver board. Maybe they replaced the OEM motor and needed it to drive the new one. All the extra wire is strange. Maybe it was already soldered to the motor and they were too lazy to cut and resolder it?

What’s the point in the motor driver board though if you don’t need one for the OEM motor?

#10 89 days ago
Quoted from Heypresto86:

Hi everyone,
See attached picture, should this part be here or has it been added? It is connected to the motor for the most ball magnet, If so then why has it been added. Also should I be getting a reading from both sides with the multimeter even if the machine is just in attract mode? I am only getting a reading from one side.
[quoted image][quoted image]

looks like a DC buck converter...used to lower (or maybe increase the voltage) the voltage.
My guess in that case: used to lower the drive voltage for the mist drive motor to e.g. make it slower (=easier to hit the ball during mist multiball-nice hack tough ) or the original motor was exchanged with a part with a lower voltage rating

you can measure voltage on the input/output only when the motor is operated (not in attract mode)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside