Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by supermatt
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago

Mobile here, so I can't copy/paste the link: go to the owners thread and do some digging. There is a lot of information there, and I am sure there are some pointers on these problems, especially the mist problem.

BigD is on the right track, go into switch test mode and test any switches that are in the error messages. For mist, remove the ball, and swipe you hand across the middle of the PF from bottom to up. You should hear the opto switch give an audible beep. If not, that opto is not registering.

LOTS of help in the owners thread. A lot to read too, but it is becoming the Bible of BSD knowledge.

1 month later
#11 7 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

I have developed this same problem over the last few days. I have owned the machine about nine months and it has also happened sporadically over that time but has worked as it should 99 percent of the time. It is happening consistently now. I have done a switch test on all trough switches and they all register in test mode. I also cleaned the long opto with a q-tip and it worked for a couple of games but then it went back to not working correctly. I don't know if that was just coincidence or if it really did something to the opto. Any ideas on what this can be seeing as how it was happening on occaision over a period of time but doing it all the time now? I am guessing it is something with the opto because the ball is not re-loading back into the pocket and the magnet keeps going back and forth after one ball drains. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like your long range opto is off just a super-tiny bit. I would go to the left side of the machine, as it i far more accessible, and see if there is any play in the receiver (black unit on the left side).

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

I got in a bunch more games and everything seems to be working properly now. I guess that piece of metal being loose was obstructing the beam just enough to make it flakey at times. Thanks for your input.

Awesome! Was that on the mist ball side of the game, or the left side where the mist ball normally does NOT sit? Just for posterity's sake. I always forget which is the transmitter and which is the receiver. I'm pretty sure transmitter is on the right and receiver is on the left....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-mist-multi-ball-problem?tu=npo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.