Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by supermatt
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I just received my Bam Strokers Dracula. On the 3rd ball you get mist multi ball. When one ball drains the flippers go dead and it ends the game with the other ball still in play. I'm confused where to start with this problem. And if anyone has has had this happen to them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

#2 2 years ago

Sounds like something with the trough switches not knowing the correct number of balls in play. Make sure the switches are activating properly in test mode. I'd start there. Good luck!

#3 2 years ago

In addition to trough optos, you should also check the optos for the two mist ball holding areas (left and right side). Those optos as well as the trough optos need to be functioning for the machine to have an accurate ball count. There are others as well, but those are the ones directly related to Mist.

#4 2 years ago

I had opened the back box. Reseated and had a look. Then turned it on and went into test mode.

It says

Switch 15 L drop target.
Switch 37 right return
Switch 85 L Ramp diverter
F3 L flipper EOS
F6 R flipper butt
Magnet load error
Magnet unload error.

I have to download and print the manual but does anyone have any suggestions on where the problem lies.

I also checked where mist multi sits in the right side and opto doesn't seem to be registering

Thanks guys

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from scotty086:

I had opened the back box. Reseated and had a look. Then turned it on and went into test mode.
It says
Switch 15 L drop target.
Switch 37 right return
Switch 85 L Ramp diverter
F3 L flipper EOS
F6 R flipper butt
Magnet load error
Magnet unload error.
I have to download and print the manual but does anyone have any suggestions on where the problem lies.
I also checked where mist multi sits in the right side and opto doesn't seem to be registering
Thanks guys

Wow that's alot of errors.... was this sold as a 100 percent working pin?

#6 2 years ago

15 and 37 are probably just adjustments. Switch 85 i believe is a opto. Your flipper opto boards are probably giveing the flipper errors. The magnet errors are usually the long throw opto causing that....

#7 2 years ago

Mobile here, so I can't copy/paste the link: go to the owners thread and do some digging. There is a lot of information there, and I am sure there are some pointers on these problems, especially the mist problem.

BigD is on the right track, go into switch test mode and test any switches that are in the error messages. For mist, remove the ball, and swipe you hand across the middle of the PF from bottom to up. You should hear the opto switch give an audible beep. If not, that opto is not registering.

LOTS of help in the owners thread. A lot to read too, but it is becoming the Bible of BSD knowledge.

#8 2 years ago

As NPO said, you should manually trigger these things in test mode. The magnet load / unload errors may be caused by the same issue that caused your ball end (presumably, incorrect ball count). The magnet load fail can be caused by bad switches in the trough or shooter lane. The magnet unload fail could be caused by any of the mist gate switches (left / right) or by long throw opto you read everyone talking about, which is the one that detects when a ball has been knocked off the mist path during normal play. This is the one that you'll be testing by swiping your hand across the path during test mode.

The others are likely just minor adjustments. Your "real" problem is what's causing the ball count issue. Of the errors you listed, none of those are ball count switches. However, the magnet errors can be caused by flaky ball count switches (mist gates, mist optos, trough and shooter lane switches) so I'd still be working through those areas first.

2 weeks later
#9 2 years ago

Thanks guys it seems the long opto wasn't lining up properly. All good now. Thanks so much

2 weeks later
#10 2 years ago

I have developed this same problem over the last few days. I have owned the machine about nine months and it has also happened sporadically over that time but has worked as it should 99 percent of the time. It is happening consistently now. I have done a switch test on all trough switches and they all register in test mode. I also cleaned the long opto with a q-tip and it worked for a couple of games but then it went back to not working correctly. I don't know if that was just coincidence or if it really did something to the opto. Any ideas on what this can be seeing as how it was happening on occaision over a period of time but doing it all the time now? I am guessing it is something with the opto because the ball is not re-loading back into the pocket and the magnet keeps going back and forth after one ball drains. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

I have developed this same problem over the last few days. I have owned the machine about nine months and it has also happened sporadically over that time but has worked as it should 99 percent of the time. It is happening consistently now. I have done a switch test on all trough switches and they all register in test mode. I also cleaned the long opto with a q-tip and it worked for a couple of games but then it went back to not working correctly. I don't know if that was just coincidence or if it really did something to the opto. Any ideas on what this can be seeing as how it was happening on occaision over a period of time but doing it all the time now? I am guessing it is something with the opto because the ball is not re-loading back into the pocket and the magnet keeps going back and forth after one ball drains. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like your long range opto is off just a super-tiny bit. I would go to the left side of the machine, as it i far more accessible, and see if there is any play in the receiver (black unit on the left side).

#12 2 years ago

I will check that first chance I get. Thanks

#13 2 years ago

Put the machine into mist ball test mode. You can easily test the long opto operation there, it's shown in the manual. Otherwise you are just guessing where the problem is.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Sounds like your long range opto is off just a super-tiny bit. I would go to the left side of the machine, as it i far more accessible, and see if there is any play in the receiver (black unit on the left side).

I checked both the receiver and transmitter and found that the metal shield that covers the transmitter was loose and had a lot of play in it. I tightened it played a game and it worked properly. I don't know if it's just a coincidence or if it really fixed it. I only had time for one game so I will play more later to see if it's working consistently. Thanks

#15 2 years ago

I got in a bunch more games and everything seems to be working properly now. I guess that piece of metal being loose was obstructing the beam just enough to make it flakey at times. Thanks for your input.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

I got in a bunch more games and everything seems to be working properly now. I guess that piece of metal being loose was obstructing the beam just enough to make it flakey at times. Thanks for your input.

Awesome! Was that on the mist ball side of the game, or the left side where the mist ball normally does NOT sit? Just for posterity's sake. I always forget which is the transmitter and which is the receiver. I'm pretty sure transmitter is on the right and receiver is on the left....

#17 2 years ago

Yes, it was on the right side.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 209.99
$ 28.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 109.99
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Radford, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
4,299 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Loveland, CO
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
Boards
PinSound
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside