BSD - Lamps stop working after a few games (SOLVED)

By ruddiger52

4 months ago

Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by ruddiger52
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

#1 4 months ago

Having an issue where the same two lamps stop working after a few games. The D in Dracula and the left most target of the center bank. Once they stop working, I will shut down the game and swap leds and or the sockets. The lamps start working again for a few games. Then eventually go out again. The leds and the sockets are not damaged as they work when installed elsewhere. I've also reseated the plugs on the light boards. Thanks for any help.

#2 4 months ago

Probably a loose wire in the backbox...look it the "D" lamp wire in the manual and check the connector at the backbox.

#3 4 months ago

The plugs you reseated on the light boards. Remove the light boards in question, reflow the solder on the pins the plugs plug onto. Reinstall the boards in the game. You can thank me in the morning.

LTG : )

#4 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

The plugs you reseated on the light boards. Remove the light boards in question, reflow the solder on the pins the plugs plug onto. Reinstall the boards in the game. You can thank me in the morning.

I've seen this happen, most likely cause right there. Heat stress and dry solder joints will cause this type of behavior.

#5 4 months ago
Quoted from Crash:

Heat stress and dry solder joints will cause this type of behavior.

And gravity and vibration.

#6 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sweet! Did as suggested and after multiple games no issues with the lamps. Thx !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 12.95
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
$ 209.99
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grayslake, IL
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.