(Topic ID: 216083)

BSD is cool as hell! (played for first time)

By spinal

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Shadrac
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

goonies (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Yes, fantastic! One thing it shows me designers today are not always paying attention to basic things like how important spectacular-sounding callouts are to the pinball experience. When you hit a jackpot and you hear BSD's "twenty million!" it just makes for a good time. It's better to have 5 callouts that make you feel like you just won the world series rather than 150 mediocre ones and BSD just nails this concept.

So true. I think that is what keeps me coming back to the B/W games. The jackpot/high scoring shots just feel so special and fun to hit. Never gets old. With the advancements in technology, I just don't get how new games have what seems like so few callouts. I would think having a bunch of great callouts would be one of the easiest things to program. Older games had more limitations but just nailed the details.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

We colloquially call BSD "Love Never Dies" because my friend and I love the game so much, and never seem to lose interest playing it. Next time you see one, give The Shadow a shot too. It's similarly difficult, and also has a hideous backglass, but has a tad more going for it in the rules department.

"Also"???

Am I the only one that actually digs the BSD backglass? I think it's badass!

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

"Also"???
Am I the only one that actually digs the BSD backglass? I think it's badass!

Nope. I love the BSD backglass. I think it looks awesome and creepy all lit up

#54 3 years ago

I love the backglass too. In fact, i love everything in this pin, it's a great game and timeless masterpiece.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside