(Topic ID: 23937)

BSD in VA with LS playfield. should i atleast check it out?

By Luke_Nukem

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Jodester
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo(3).JPG
photo(11).JPG
2012-08-23_20.13.47.jpg
bsdhd19.jpg
BSDHD20.jpg
BSD21.jpg
bsdhd17.jpg
bsd13.jpg
bsdhd18.jpg
bsdhd19.jpg
bsdhd16.jpg
bsdhd9.jpg
bsdhd8.jpg
bsd15.jpg
bsd14.jpg
bsdhd10.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Hello im a long time reader, very new pin owner from VA, and i have an oppurtunity to pick up a non faded BSD, zero wear playfield, no hacks on wires, perfect DMD, and sound, one small burned connection on one of the light connectors on the board.

He wants $1900, no lower, i got him down from $2700 believe it or not

Hes owned for 12 years, babied it, kept it clean and safe from fading.
The only thing is, it has an L.S. playfield. From the pics hes sent, the pf looks spotless

Is this worth the $1900 if its in said condition? Or should i be a little nervous due to the dreaded LS playfield?

Any help would be most appreciated.

#2 11 years ago

If the playfield is still perfect after 20 years what's going to happen to it?

#3 11 years ago

If you don't buy it. Can I?

Mk

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

If you don't buy it. Can I?
Mk

I know, I play mine enough that I should get a second one. Hmmmm....where is the game located in VA?

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Hello im a long time reader, very new pin owner from VA, and i have an oppurtunity to pick up a non faded BSD, zero wear playfield, no hacks on wires, perfect DMD, and sound, one small burned connection on one of the light connectors on the board.
He wants $1900, no lower, i got him down from $2700 believe it or not
Hes owned for 12 years, babied it, kept it clean and safe from fading.
The only thing is, it has an L.S. playfield. From the pics hes sent, the pf looks spotless
Is this worth the $1900 if its in said condition? Or should i be a little nervous due to the dreaded LS playfield?
Any help would be most appreciated.

I have a LS PF on my BSD....it certainly isn't "dreaded"?? If the PF is in beautiful condition don't worry about it....BUY IT AND PLAY THE HECK OUT OF IT!! Keep it clean and if the PF starts planking some years down the road there are tons of people restoring PFs....even more popping up on here. Stop worrying about the future....enjoy the NOW.

Alfred e. Newman...."what.....me worry?"

Such a silly thing to worry about.

#6 11 years ago

If you are interested, why should you not check it out?

#7 11 years ago

I think by now you hopefully understand that the price is great ..you should always check outa pin you want, have cash for.

It's a silly question.

If its in condition you want...buy it.

Ls ps ss sp Lmnop stamped on it who cares... Keeper waxed up either way.

#8 11 years ago

My opinion is that the LS planking issue will only come into play for machines that have seen moisture or haven't been taken care of, sounds like this one has. Sounds like a good price to me. But I do think a playfield that might be prone to planking should be in a climate controlled room, just to be safe.

#9 11 years ago

LS, SP, honestly, i dont care, end the end, i am going to play the heck out of it, not put it on display. the only thing that was making me nervous was the price, but as ive been reading, certain pins are increasing in value, and this seems to be one of them, that being said, i guess its pretty clear to me that its a good price.

im going to check it out today, i will try and get some more pics. for now, here are the ones that were sent to me.

thank you all for your fast responses1

bsd1.jpgbsd1.jpg bsd2.jpgbsd2.jpg

#10 11 years ago

more continued...

bsd3.jpgbsd3.jpg bsd4.jpgbsd4.jpg bsd5.jpgbsd5.jpg

#11 11 years ago

continued....

bsd6.jpgbsd6.jpg bsd7.jpgbsd7.jpg bsd8.jpgbsd8.jpg

#12 11 years ago

Shit that is clean.

#13 11 years ago

I want to go buy this thing myself! You better hurry!

#14 11 years ago

small burned connector underneath the two small fuses on the gi board?

// Error: Image 42027 not found //

#15 11 years ago

boards..

Bsd10.jpgBsd10.jpg

#16 11 years ago

Looks really nice! This is a good deal.

#17 11 years ago

If you don't buy this.....on your way home punch yourself in the head...than turn around and go get it!!!

Or the " blundering novice" will taunt, haunt, and shunt you down for eternity.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

dreaded LS playfield? wtf are you talking about?

of course check it out, it looks great.

and you talked him down from 2700? that's ridiculous.

#20 11 years ago

Yep, i talked him down from $2700, hes had this pin for over 12 years and wasnt really in the mood to sell, but ive been working on getting this pin for over a month, and finally got him down to a fair price.

My apologies on the "dreaded" L.S. comment, i only expressed it that way, by the number of "YES! i got an SP not an LS, i was worried about that" sorta posts that ive been reading. I am new to this, i have alot to learn, thats why im here, asking the professionals before making my own noobie decisions and regretting them afterwards!

Im leaving in the next hour to check this game out!

I will return with results

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Im leaving in the next hour to check this game out!

Although it looks very nice, there may be the early stages of planking showing up in the middle of the playfield. That's not a reason not to buy the game though. Or even a reason to try to get the price even lower. $1900 is a good price for that game. You need to take the glass off and check out the playfield up close. Look for planking (vertical lines running up and down the playfield) with your eyes, then run your hand over the playfield. Feel for sunken/raised inserts and inconsistencies from area to area. If you can see planking, but the playfield still feels smooth, I wouldn't hesitate to grab it. BSD is a player's game. If it plays right, that's all that matters.

The reds on the cab look very bright, but I think I see early planking in a couple of those playfield shots. If you see it and point it out to the seller, he'll feel better about his selling price.

#22 11 years ago

Pardon my ignorance but what is LS?

#23 11 years ago

Pinhead, but it and you won't regret it. Especially for that price...

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Pardon my ignorance but what is LS?

Lenc-Smith is a company that made cabinets and playfields. I think they're now owned by WMS Gaming.

#25 11 years ago

Okay, so i just got back from spending nearly 5 hrs over the guys house. First off... the game is sold!
i would have been crazy to let this thing pass! absolutely ZERO pf wear, planking, warping, bubbling, whatever. i rubbed every inch of the pf with my hands and fingertips, ZERO wear. he wasnt lying when he said hes babied it over the past 12 years, and ultimately what saved the playfield, sideart, etc....

pics are uploading now!

let me know what you guys think!

BSD11.jpgBSD11.jpg BSD12.jpgBSD12.jpg bsdhd10.jpgbsdhd10.jpg

#26 11 years ago

more.....

bsd14.jpgbsd14.jpg bsd15.jpgbsd15.jpg

#27 11 years ago

more.....

bsdhd8.jpgbsdhd8.jpg bsdhd9.jpgbsdhd9.jpg

#28 11 years ago

continued...

bsdhd16.jpgbsdhd16.jpg bsdhd19.jpgbsdhd19.jpg bsdhd18.jpgbsdhd18.jpg

#29 11 years ago

continued....

bsd13.jpgbsd13.jpg bsdhd17.jpgbsdhd17.jpg

#30 11 years ago

Looks VERY nice! Congrats, man.

My BSD should be arriving mid-week. Can't wait!

#31 11 years ago

in the end, i got this game for $1850, he knocked $50 off because the left gate for myst multiball works intermittently. i figure its a bad microswitch, so no biggie there. After seeing this in person, i could care less that this has an L.S. production pf, because as i said, i rubbed every inch, every open spot on the playfield with my fingertips, and ZERO i mean ZERO wear ZERO indentations, no cracks, no bubbles, pristine. The sideart on both sides have matching DARK RED Draculas. ZERO fade. a few nicks here and there, 2 holes for a lockbar in the front. Oh and one intermittent L-16 switch, for the drop target.

once i get this thing moved into my apt, more pics / vids will follow!

thanks for all the help!

-Luke

BSD21.jpgBSD21.jpg // Error: Image 42139 not found //

#32 11 years ago

more....

BSDHD20.jpgBSDHD20.jpg bsdhd19.jpgbsdhd19.jpg

#33 11 years ago

Very nice and great buy. Does he have anything else for sale? I'm always looking

#34 11 years ago

Looks very nice. You can get a Cliffy for the rat hole and the edging on drac face insert is typical of the title.

For 1850 I think you did very well.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Looks very nice. You can get a Cliffy for the rat hole and the edging on drac face insert is typical of the title.
For 1850 I think you did very well.

Cliffy has a set for the rathole and the mystery hole.

#36 11 years ago

Thats a great looking playfiled and the ramps look clear too. NO BRAINER.

I put the Cliffy on mine. A BITCH. Not an easy job. Put aside half a day.

Plastic protectors are a must.

Im adding a full Flipper Fidelity system to mine as BR did.

2012-08-23_20.13.47.jpg2012-08-23_20.13.47.jpg photo(11).JPGphoto(11).JPG photo(3).JPGphoto(3).JPG

#37 11 years ago

Grats on the purchase. Be patient when you start playing Drac because it kicks your butt until you get the ramps down. It still kicks my butt, but I enjoy it now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 84.99
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-in-va-with-ls-playfield-should-i-atleast-check-it-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.