• Latest reply 9 years ago by n0s4atu
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MistGate.jpg
20140610_150241.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

just like the OP my long opto seems to "stay active" during mist and cause the gate to open when mist mulitball is already active, there is no trouble starting the multiball and the magnet works fine, the magnet test also runs fine with no errors, but still im getting the gate opening, the motor running, and balls/games ending when only 1 of the 2 balls drain during mist multiball.

Have you tried pounding on the playfield while in switch test? A cracked lead on an opto or a borderline/misadjusted trough switch could cause those issues.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

Well I made a quick video of my problem, I filmed the switch diagram in the "switch edges" test, you can see my hand in the reflection of the speaker panel, i roll a ball through the beam and it opens the switch but it does not close, I then give the playfield a pound and the switch closes again.

The switch changing state when you pound the playfield indicates a connection issue. My first guess, as I mentioned above, would be a cracked lead on one of the optos. The one on the right takes a lot of abuse due to launched balls. Could also just be a bad solder joint on one of the opto boards. Replace both of your long range optos. While you have them old one out, inspect the wiring closely and test for continuity on the wires. If okay, solder in the new optos and retest. Do not use Radio Shack optos. Get the correct WMS optos. You can get the optos individually for Rob Anthony (lockwhenlit.com), or buy the optos already attached to the small opto boards from the usual suppliers. Part numbers are listed in the manual.

Quoted from MagicMako:

Also, I ran a few magnet tests again, and i was getting lamp interference errors again during opto check 1, which i had gotten before, then it went away for awhile, now it's back again.

When you replace the optos, make sure the new receiver goes on the same side as the old receiver. Same with the emmiter. I believe the emitter is on the right side (my game is on location 15 miles away or I'd look). Then run magnet test again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 5.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-help-switch-83-closed?tu=phishrace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.