• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bsd_lightning.jpg
BSD.jpg
#1 13 years ago

I'm contemplating trading my World Cup Soccer 94 for a Bram Stoker's Dracula. What do you guys think? Fair trade? I think soccer is the better game, but I haven't gotten to play Dracula a whole bunch...

#2 13 years ago

BSD is a great game, I have one - I havent had alot of time on WCS 94 but dracula has some great art and is very dark/fast game compared to soccer..probably complete opposites - I'll tell you what I like about dracula, cant really comment on WCS

dracula is a fast, evil, hard - for beginners
Artwork- Great
stackable multiballs - Great
mist multiball - awesome
Graphics on DMD - Good - very nice for '93 blood dripping Red Screen
not a ton of toys in dracula - coffin/mistmulti ball
Sound - Great - pop bumpers and coffin opening with subwoofer - scary shakes machine
Playfield has nice cemetary in back and castle etc.
Very underated game in my opinion - I think it has to do with its limited modes and not as deep as other games...but it makes up for it in speed I think

hope that helps but you really are comparing apples to oranges here.

if you get it - beware -in attrack mode it scared teh SH@t out of me one night while i was in the other room

#3 13 years ago

Ya if you get BSD prepare to get scared haha its dark as hell but a wicked fun pin and very challenging and the art is good its alot better then that crap pastel art on WSC lol. The flippers are also small its like playing a regular sized pinball machine with safecracker flippers lol.

#4 13 years ago

Yeh I switched out my flippers to the regular size and its still hard.
mine had a fairly beat up cabinet but nice playfield - here she is as I shopped her
out: http://evolve-studios.net/dracula/

#5 13 years ago

I'm having a very hard time deciding. I have the lightning flippers on my fishtales as well, so that's not a big deal to me. I'm an above average player so a good challenging game is a plus. Drac wins for theme for sure, but WCS has a great layout IMO. If I had soccer for like 5 years I'd probably do it since it would be old news...any other comments are greatly appreciated

#6 13 years ago

Its all up to you. What you should also consider is what you want your kids to be playing because BSD is scary haha i played one on the top floor of a skyscraper in boston by myself when i was 15 and believe me its the scariest game of pinball ive ever played lol.

#7 13 years ago

Ya I'm not worried about the scary theme at all. It's more the actual gameplay. Soccer is a great game no matter what anyone says Dracula seems to be a bit of love/hate from the sounds of it...

#8 13 years ago

Well it is number 26 on the top 100 so it def. is good lol. What you should ask the guy is if you can go over and play if first. By the way lover never dies =P

#9 13 years ago

Ya its about a 4hr drive, otherwise I'd have played it already and wouldn't even have to ask Think I'm going to pass for now...unless he throws in say 400 bucks...plus makes the 4hr drive haha

#10 13 years ago

haha ya 4 hours is way too far. Hey by the way out of your current lineup what is your favorite pin?

#11 13 years ago

Right now it would be Fish Tales, but that's mostly because it's still got that new feeling to me haha.

#12 13 years ago

I wouldn't trade a WCS for a BSD. WCS is not only worth more, blue book value-wise, but is a better game overall IMO.

Not saying that BSD isn't a good game, but in terms of value and play, WCS is a better game.

#13 13 years ago

I've played both quite a bit (actually just got a WCS last weekend), and I feel that WCS is the better game, especially over time.

#14 13 years ago

I just went and ahead and told him YES on the trade. Even though overall people said to keep WCS. I've played the hell out of it though and it was fun while I had it, time for something new My best score on mine was about 4.5bil Jar....give you something to shoot for

#15 13 years ago

Nice tom - hope you like it - get subwoofer for it, has some great sound. Before you trade, make sure that mist multiball works both directions. coffin ramp raises up and down. Opto sensors in the castle lock read the balls - auto plunger etc etc. If you have questions PM me. Try and tell you the things to look for - make it a fair trade

#16 13 years ago

Thx fusion, he's a trusted member from a site I'm on so I'm not worried about it, but it's good to know what to look for anyhow Cheers!!

#17 13 years ago

Hit both flippers when the ball drops in the asylum, you get another graphic and 5 mil. more! I have BSD, great game!

#18 13 years ago

thhhhhhhiiirrrrrtyyyyyy milllllliiiiooooooonnnnnn

#19 13 years ago

Deal is done, BSD is in the basement, absolutely gorgeous condition too. I'm stoked to say the least

#20 13 years ago

Congratulations tdc .. I'm still waiting to hear back on the Dracula slot machine I put a bid on via craigslist. I'm betting they sold it to the person who bid $25 over me. It would look really cool next to a machine like that.

#21 13 years ago

Tomdot - how do you like the action of BSD so far, rules arent very deep but the action is there - stack those multiballs and get your rats and bats early and fast

#22 13 years ago

Game is great so far, love the sound and the playfield is gorgeous. I'm trying to figure out how hard it should be to hit that left ramp. On mine it's really hard to make, not sure if the table is to steep, flipper is weak or that's just the way it's supposed to be??

#23 13 years ago

Post some pictures and make a video lol.

#24 13 years ago

left ramp is pretty easy - my flippers hit that and the ball sometimes hits the glass on the hump over the right flipper when it returns - either that flipper is weak or possibly not adjusted at the proper angle. I also have the larger flippers installed but I could hit it with the small ones also. - the harder shot is right orbit to video mode

wait till you get to 3 round of video mode - hope you have fast reaction time

#25 13 years ago

The right orbit is easy on mine as well as the coffin ramp. The left ramp is REALLY hard to make. I'm going to rebuild the flippers, double check the playfield angle and make sure he had the right coils installed.

I will take a video of it and my gameroom once I get my Zeke's Peak fixed. The boards are actually fixed I'm just waiting for them to get back from the board tech...

#26 13 years ago

Definately check the flippers after you rebuild them tomdotcom. Just had some issues with hitting ramps in The Shadow, and after some work, the flippers are now propelling the ball up ramps like a SCUD missile.

I would recommend to keep the lightning bolt flippers on the BSD (stays faithful to Barry Oursler's original design), but its totally up to you.

#27 13 years ago

Fixed it, new coil stop and new sleeve and she hits that left ramp all day long! LOVE IT!! I also did the left flipper as well. Amazing what a difference it makes. Both coil stops were pretty hammered and of course the sleeves were dirty as hell

Lightning flippers will be staying, I have them on my Fish Tales as well and I enjoy the extra challenge

#28 13 years ago

Here's a quick pic I took of the playfield when I got it home. Installed new balls, new flipper rubbers, changed some lights, rebuilt the flippers and it's good to good. The former owners GC score is going down! haha

Full size pic here:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4591053572_11a3851bca_o.jpg

Needs a new RH sling plastic. I also have the proto plastics but they are ugly as hell, I will be selling them

BSD.jpgBSD.jpg

#29 13 years ago

Looks great but BSD can always use a kick ass MOD
http://www.pinballdecals.com/BSD_GothicCrossPage.html

#30 13 years ago

Crosses look pretty cool, think I might do some lighting changes first, I've seen some awesome looking effects with the GI colors..

#31 13 years ago

It does have the lightning flippers installed, but the flash washed the picture out...

bsd_lightning.jpgbsd_lightning.jpg

#32 13 years ago

Wow that playfield is perfect. Upload a video when you have the chance and make a video of swords of fury too lol.

#33 13 years ago

Looks good - the rat hole gets some wear you may want to pick up a cliffy protector for that area. I started messing around with some LEDs last night in the GI not sure if I like it yet or not - let you know how it goes

#34 13 years ago

The rathole on mine has one of those protectors that goes on the inside of the hole. The hole is absolutely perfect

#35 13 years ago

I heard a mix of blue/purple looks good in the G.I. Not sure if I'll mess with the lighting to much. I don't mind how it looks "as is"

#36 13 years ago

BSD is a great game. I was just talking with Neil Shatz the other day and I suggested it might be the hardest factory settings DMD ever made. We couldn't think of a tougher game.

The key is learning those ramp shots, especially the castle ramp, but the right orbit is critical for video mode and the extra ball after the 2nd one.

#37 13 years ago

I don't think there is another more difficult game than BSD, jonnyo. Star Trek TNG is up there, but not on equal ground as far as Drac.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-for-wcs94-trade-good-or-bad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.