Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 32 days ago by blazingsaddlz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 33 days ago

I'm super close to having BSD running without issues, and tried to fix my wonky mist gate issues. It would occasionally keep the left mist gate open during play, and randomly drop the ball from the right mist gate (though this was more rare). I took out the Fliptronic II board, and soldered the capacitor as specified in the manual to C2, as was recommended on this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-mist-gates-issue. I booted up, and game worked, but left mist gate stayed open during play, so it didn't seem to fix my problem.

Shortly after, I turned on the game and the DMD looked glitchy, and didn't startup properly. I switched off, then back on and all solenoids aren't working. Everything else seems fine. I tested continuity of the fuses on the Fliptronic II board, and they were fine. The F112 fuse blew on the power driver board. A thread on pinside said that it might be from plugging something back in incorrectly, so I'm going to check that. Or it could be a bad bridge rectifier on the Fliptronics 2 board. Could I have cracked a solder on the bridge rectifier connection that could have caused this?

So basically, I'm wondering if I should just take off the cap at C2 on the Fliptronic II board before I try everything again.

#2 33 days ago

All plugs looked good, and bridge rectifier on Fliptronic II also tested good. I'll keep digging.

#3 32 days ago

Fixed the issue. Not sure exactly what the problem was to be honest. I bought a 10 back of capacitors from amazon, and maybe the first one was bad? Put a different capacitor at C2, popped in a new fuse to F112, and everything seems to be working. Cap at C2 didn't seem to fix my left mist gate issue however. I'll keep looking at solutions for that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Trade
Sale Pending!
Radford, VA
$ 14.95
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Steamboat Springs, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 399.95
Machine - For Sale
Buckner, MO
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 109.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside