• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Big70
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider systemlcp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Seems to happen at least once when it first is turned on then after its warmed up the only definite trigger is hitting both flippers at once.
Only hack I noticed on it was the slam tilt switch was cut, rewired it and it works now.
Attached is a pic of the switch matrix.
Error on start usually for castle optos and manget, though the magnet seems to work in test mode. (have the homepin board for that once I'm convinced I don't have a power problem.)
Plan is to work through this article if no one has a more direct recommendation:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets
photo.JPG.jpegphoto.JPG.jpeg
thanks in advance.

#4 10 years ago

I haven't been back to work on it but here are the notes of what he (the owner) did so far:

It's working with two flippers, full game and no resets. Right now my suspicion is with the thermistor based on this from the doc:

Resetting while the game warms up is therefore a key indicator of a failing thermistor.

I went through what testing I felt comfortable doing (will document that in a bit) and the last step I did was 4.8.11, checking the thermistor. It looked good but after reading about it I decided to try letting the game warm up. Right away I started a game and made an effort to use only one flipper at a time. Soon enough I got into the game that I figured I had probably used both so I tested and sure enough there was no reset. I played several games, got mist to work a few times, coffin multiball, castle lock (sort of) and most everything else worked. Tomorrow I'll start it up and try both flippers right away to see if it resets before warming up. I'm hoping so since a thermistor failure sounds like it would be the nicest point of failure.

Right now the only credit dot error is Switch 44 - Trough 4 Balls. Makes sense since it still seems to lose track. When a ball is in the castle lock it doesn't know what to do and has to search.

Everything I checked looked good according to the doc:
Line voltage: 122

Checked screws on PDB

Replaced the four 3A SB fuses. The old ones were each good but had some corrosion (though the fuse holder looked fine) that could have interfered but a test after that wasn't any better.

Reseated all connections on PDB. Didn't see anything obviously loose/corroded. One weird thing I noticed is that J116 and J118 have the same colored wires and same key so they'd be easy to get swapped. Since they are simply providing 12v and ground maybe it doesn't matter. J116 is for the coin door and J118 is for the 10 Sw. Opto board.

4.8.9 TP2 was 4.99 volts and the ROM's 32 pin was 4.97.
4.8.10 Rectifier was between 8.3 and 9 and the cap was between .505 and .562

I didn't pull the PDB since I don't trust I could recognize bad solder points anyway.

After all of this I still saw resets and then I unplugged and checked the thermistor but didn't make any changes.

Next day:
Well, unfortunately BSD worked without trouble immediately after starting this morning, meaning I can't necessarily blame the thermistor. I then swapped outlets in the power strip (since I had unplugged it at one point so maybe it had moved) but couldn't find one to cause resets. On the first start there did seem to be a delay in the DMD displaying where I thought it was resetting but didn't really seem to. I'll keep watching for resets/oddness.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider systemlcp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-dracula-reset-issue?tu=systemlcp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.