(Topic ID: 108913)

BSD - Doesn't detect knocking Mist ball of magnet?

By robbiedoo

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robbiedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I feel like this should have been covered at some point in the past, but I didn't find anything in a quick search of the forum.

When the floating ball travels across the field and gets knocked off the magnet, the game doesn't seem to detect that it was hit and that it should be in 2 ball multiball.

As soon as one of the 2 balls drain, the game ends the current ball.

I lifted the PF to see if there was something on the magnet that should be detecting the ball... like an eddy sendor I see in my ToM, but I didn't find anything.

How does the game detect that a ball is hit off the magnet? Is this a common issue... I feel it must be at least not uncommon.

Where should I look to troubleshoot this?

#5 9 years ago

I cleaned the optos and it looks like the 106C inductor on the board could have possibly been replaced in the past (my inductor is green vs. the black one shown on the pinwiki link).

In any event, it looks like it's possible that my board is the issue. I tried the test mmuglia suggested and nothing happened when I blocked the line of sight. Actually that's not true, if I power down and power up and try the test - the first time I block the line of light it opens or closes the switch (I can't remember which one) but it doesn't return to it's previous state if I remove my hand. It only goes back if I power down completely and try the test again.

What'ya think? Is there a way that I can test the board to confirm the issue?

#8 9 years ago

Thanks so much for the help guys. I used a digital camera to find the light, and used a pocket light to test the receiver, both worked. The video showing the switch tests also helped a lot.

My problem wasn't a bent gate... It was a new one. I had to replace my right gate when I first picked up the game, and it was blocking the beam. I removed it from its housing a bent it up just a little. Bingo. Now it behaves as it should!

Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 5.00
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 84.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robbiedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-doesnt-detect-knocking-mist-ball-of-magnet?tu=robbiedoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.