7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1004 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Just noticed this on my DMD. Looks like the bottom few horz lines and the right vert lines are getting cropped. Is this adjustable? Or am I in the market for a new DMD?

Thanks!

IMG_1004 (resized).JPGIMG_1004 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Game off, reseat the ribbon cable on the back of the DMD and follow it up to the driver board. Reseat it on the driver board too. See if that helps.

You can pull the DMD out of BSD, take it over to T2. Remove backglass on T2, flip speaker panel down and remove power cable and ribbon cable and hook it up to the BSD display. Just be careful of the exposed back of the DMD will have high voltages present so don't touch or lay against metal. See if it's still the same. If it is the display is going. If the display looks good, probably the BSD driver board has an issue.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Game off, reseat the ribbon cable on the back of the DMD and follow it up to the driver board. Reseat it on the driver board too. See if that helps.
You can pull the DMD out of BSD, take it over to T2. Remove backglass on T2, flip speaker panel down and remove power cable and ribbon cable and hook it up to the BSD display. Just be careful of the exposed back of the DMD will have high voltages present so don't touch or lay against metal. See if it's still the same. If it is the display is going. If the display looks good, probably the BSD driver board has an issue.

Excellent troubleshooting advice. With two games of the same generation swapping things around to find exactly what went wrong is a great method.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Agreed, excellent advice! Thanks so much. I will post my findings.

#5 7 years ago

When you reseat the ribbon cables, reseat from CPU to DMD driver board to DMD. Get them back the same, red stripe pin one each end.

LTG : )

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

When you reseat the ribbon cables, reseat from CPU to DMD driver board to DMD. Get them back the same, red stripe pin one each end.
LTG : )

Will do! Thank you. Also I should have mentioned. I have a rottendog driver board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-dmd-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.