Are these still available? BSD is on my wish list . Like to pick one up... Just in case.
Ordered one of these during brocks 4th of July special...has anyone received theirs yet?
Quoted from pinball_customs:
I wanted to share some insight on my process, so here's a step-by-step:
1. Mix resin with red dye, pour mold, close mold and wait 1hr (and pray).
2. Pull cast from mold and inspect.
3. Remove flashing (over-pour)
4. Sand/grind bottom to correct height
5. Scrub with hot water and soap to remove mold release -- let dry over night
6. Correct any trapped air bubbles with filler
7. Spray first coat of primer -- wait 1/2 hr.
8. Spray second coat of primer -- leave to dry overnight.
9. Cover and missed areas or cracks with black paint
10. First wash, dark wood paint applied. Let dry 1/2 hr
11. Second wash, wood highlight paint applied. Let dry 1/2 hr
12. Black "leather and straps" layer painted. This is the longest part of the paint process and takes FOREVER -- Let dry 1/2 hr
12a. Leather highlight layer applied.
13. Black layer applied to Dracula (bat form). Let dry 1/2 hr
14. First wash, dark dirt layer applied. Let dry 1/2 hr
15. Second wash, dirt highlight layer applied.
16. First layer, dark Dracula skin applied.
17. Rocks in dirt painted with black details
18. Second layer, mid-tone Dracula skin applied.
19. While Drac dries, cracked wood "Fresh wood" accents applied
20. Third layer, highlight Dracula skin applied.
21. Fourth layer, black wash -- Dracula hair and eye sockets
22. Fifth layer, Dracula's eyeballs (red)
23. Sixth layer, Black details (Drac's pupils and claws)
24. Seventh layer, Drac's teeth. Dracula complete.
25. Silver accents applied (metal rings).
26. Let entire piece dry and seal over night.
27. Inspection And touchups before clearcoat
28. First layer clearcoat applied -- wait 1 hr
29. Second layer clearcoat applied -- leave overnight
30. Final inspection before test fit
31. Test fit in test game, including replacing the glass for clearance test
That's great but,I'm still waiting for mine!
Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside