A45D30B6-F524-4321-9E4F-549D89182107 (resized).jpeg
2712DCC8-5344-4B51-A977-FBA4161225F2 (resized).jpeg
99577610-C313-4107-9844-BB8DA4D781C0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20180306-062723 (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 8 years ago

beautiful sculpting work!

how many of these are still available?

8 months later
#381 7 years ago

no worries, take your time. and again, sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what your family has been going through

4 weeks later
#387 7 years ago

bump for any news updates

#390 7 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Hey all, I'm at work but here's a shipping update: I'm shipping these bad boys out tomorrow

I think that's mine in the middle
thanks for the update brock!

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from Damon:

Been waiting over 2 months for mine so i really hope one of those is mine...

yep, I'm right there along with you. I paid back in march

#398 7 years ago

brock,
can I get an update on where I'm at on the waiting list?
was mine among those that were going to be shipped out last week or am I further down the list (and if I'm further down, how many people are still ahead of me?

#400 7 years ago

so... I'm guessing that mine was not among those 5 shown in the image 11 days ago (either that, or nothing has shipped yet). I would have thought to have either received it by now (since he's in ontario and I'm in michigan) or at least some form of tracking info.

brock hasn't been here on pinside since june 25th (2 days after posting that photo of the batch that would have shipped on the 24th or 25th, according to his last post)

edit:
received my coffin mod today. torches must still be in the works as they were not in the box

1 month later
#432 7 years ago

hey brock, any update on a potential time frame for the torches?

1 month later
#449 7 years ago

I'm still waiting as well. hoping (and praying) to see them before the end of the year (please. pretty please?)

#450 7 years ago

I've reached out to brock (via pm) for an update. hopefully, he'll respond

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Great mods but always an excuse for not shipping or responding on a timely basis. Not sure if I would purchase again because of this. Very frustrating when I had my order delayed delayed delayed. Good luck!

I've always taken this as a [hobby] and things like family and career and health always come first

I think that brock deserves (and [gets] in my opinion) a pass on this one given the events that transpired this year (personal events)

and given those events that transpired, maybe he shouldn't have been so quick to jump back on the horse and taken more pre-orders if he wasn't going to be able to dedicate enough time to turn things around a bit faster.

it's funny how in this microwave society, we tend to want instant gratification (and I'm no different in many situations). and while not defending the lack of updates and slowness in shipping, I will state that the finished product (the portion that I've received so far) was definitely worth the cost and wait

3 weeks later
#457 7 years ago

hey brock,
any idea when we'll see this announcement?

and not to push things, but we'll soon be coming up on a year when you started taking pre-orders for the torches (which looked complete at the time) without any updates on those. I've only got 1/2 a horse in this race since I ordered them for a friend

3 weeks later
#459 7 years ago

brock,
I see that you've been on pinside (today, as a matter of fact). even if the torches aren't coming any time soon, an update would be nice for those of us that have paid and have been patiently waiting

2 months later
#480 7 years ago

Thanks gang, I appreciate the patience of each and every one of you.
As for the torches... I'm currently offering full refunds on these. I'm having troubles with them, and don't want to keep you all waiting. If you would like a refund, simply contact me and I will reund the $45 ASAP. If/when I figure this out, I'll honour the $45 usd price for those interested.
I apologize for being distant from Pinside. As mentioned earlier, it's been a rough year.. I've been focusing on orders, and making some changes. Huge announcement coming very soon that I think you're all going to be pleased with (and I'm very excited about).
- Brock

are there any updates on the torches brock? even though it's now been officially a year since I paid for them. I really don't want a refund, but it would be nice to finally get these so that I could finally install the awesome coffin mod.

2 weeks later
#497 7 years ago

brock:
do you have any update those those of us still patiently waiting on the torches? I don't recall seeing anything if your "official" announcement

2 weeks later
#501 7 years ago
Quoted from Walleyefisher:

Still waiting on torches

yep, 13+ months without any sort of update on these. it's kind of disappointing that he's been working on [and selling] other mods when there are people who have paid for this one ages ago.

1 month later
#518 6 years ago

Thanks Jim
The biggest hangup on the torches is my lack of electronics skills - "Dammit Jim, I'm an artist not an engineer!" I've offered full refunds to all who want them, so please don't hesitate to ask.

are these cast and then work done afterwards to add the lights? or are they cast with the LED in place as part of the casting (with the insulated wires already in place)?

1 month later
#528 6 years ago

brock:
I just sent you a pm with a possible solution for casting the torches. please read and reply

2 months later
#538 6 years ago

any update on the torches for those of us that have been waiting patiently for well over a year?

3 weeks later
#553 6 years ago

I'm offering a 100% refund for all those still waiting on torches. PM me your info

I think that the majority of us don't want a "refund". we want the torches that we ordered almost 2 years ago. I've reached out to you multiple times on potential solutions, but that seems to fall on deaf ears.

not to sound like a dick, but you kind of sold this as a "complete overhaul package", and by only delivering on 1/2 of it, we kind of feel cheated. "here sir, here's your ferrari that you ordered and pre-paid for. your transmission will ship sometime in the next 3-5 years"

4 weeks later
#561 6 years ago

No worries JM, I apologize for not touching base sooner with you. Touch base with me again via PM and let's see what we can do. I did notice someone else was coming up with a solution for this as well, but I'm not sure where that landed.
I'm taking a break from mod production to focus on old and new unreleased projects, so let's get this hammered out first and foremost

it's been nearly a month since I pm'ed you as requested without a reply back. for someone that says "let's get this hammered out", it's kind of hard to do when there's no reply

4 months later
#563 6 years ago

pinball_customs if you truly wanted to get the torches done, you would have returned one of the numerous pm's that I've sent you over the past 6 months

additionally, I've given you quite a few suggestions to try out and solve your production issues. I don't understand why this seems to be that hard

#565 6 years ago

I paid for both the coffin and the torches over 2 years ago. I did receive the coffin (back on 7/5/2016 about 5 months after sending payment) but am still waiting on the torches. I've reached out numerous times and included potential solutions to his productions issues, but have not received a single response to any of those pm's

#567 6 years ago

they probably would, but I don't think that they look half as nice as the ones that brock teased us with 2 years that he did for drano

2 weeks later
#569 6 years ago

it's been 5 months later since "mr. let's get this hammered out" has even replied to this thread (and another month since he claimed he wanted to work this out

this is why you don't make promises that you can keep. and more importantly, you don't take money for things you can't deliver on

4 weeks later
#581 6 years ago

brock:
it's time you got your act together on these and finish them. it's now been 2 years since you've taken my money for a promised product and failed to deliver

3 weeks later
#583 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

pinball_customs if you truly wanted to get the torches done, you would have returned one of the numerous pm's that I've sent you over the past 6 months
additionally, I've given you quite a few suggestions to try out and solve your production issues. I don't understand why this seems to be that hard

well, another 2+ months have gone without so much as a single reply from brock. at this point, I think that all pinsiders should start to boycott him until he starts owning up to his promises
at this point, frustrated doesn't even begin to describe how I feel (especially considering that I purchased it as a "gift" for a friend. what a shitty friend I feel like when over 2 years later I still can't give what was promised

2 weeks later
#586 5 years ago

yes, I have refused the refund offer.

he's the one that originally reached out asking for assistance to get this done and I've reached out no less than 6 times over the past year, but never got a single reply from him.

I don't want a refund, I want was promised when I placed the order for both the coffin and the torches as a compete set. I'm not going to post the pm's and dig up dirt, but needless to the say, brock hasn't done anything on his part to try and even attempt to get these done (and yet has produced more coffins and more 3D snake mods for tim mezel.

I think that's the most frustrating part. I've offered numerous times (and multiple potential solutions) to help with his manufacturing problems, but he doesn't appear to want to complete this mod

people who know me, know that I follow through on everything that I've said that I'll do. in addition, I DON'T take pre-order money. NO money is taken until I have product to ship, plain and simple.

brock's taking my money is without delivering the promised product is basically a contract that he initiated. and one that he's not upholding his end

I'm not trying to be an ass about this, I just want what was promised and paid for (especially considering that this was supposed to be a gift for a friend

1 week later
#588 5 years ago

I'm giving up the ghost on this one. I'm tired of beating a dead horse. it's a shame that the OP never followed through on what was promised

refund requested

#589 5 years ago

brock's logged on pinside a couple of times since I sent him my refund request, still no refund and no pm indicating that he's since my request
not cool

#591 5 years ago

refund received. however, I really wished that brock would have followed through (and replied to my numerous pm's) to get this done

1 month later
#594 5 years ago

I'll revisit those PM's soon. I'm confident the torches would still be a great mod and would work in many different games. I'm just swamped at the moment with the Dialed-In toppers I'm building for MezelMods

what happened to "I will not be taking on any more projects until I complete my backlog"?!? did you forget you said that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-coffin-mod-in-the-works?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.