A45D30B6-F524-4321-9E4F-549D89182107 (resized).jpeg
2712DCC8-5344-4B51-A977-FBA4161225F2 (resized).jpeg
99577610-C313-4107-9844-BB8DA4D781C0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20180306-062723 (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GRB1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

And here I've done more detail work, and have started creating the "broken crate" look.

11954578_10155974805795464_3267564145826754898_n.jpg

Holy crap, that is incredible work. Too bad it is so damn time consuming for you to create as a lot of folks would buy this mod for their BSD.

If you do offer them for sale at some point please add me to the list as I will purchase one.

Gord

#8 8 years ago

There's no way the material I'm using will survive, it's just wax clay. Also I can't paint it. Ultimately I'll be casting this in resin and hand painting it.

If you ever get to the point where you can produce enough of these for sale please let the forum members know. I will certainly take one and I am sure that many other BSD owners would take one as well.

Gord

#90 8 years ago

Payment sent via PayPal. Looking forward to seeing the fully painted BSD figure.

Gord

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

The mod will definitely make use of the existing flashers but when I was originally mocking it up I removed the ugly tombstone.
This new figure is going to eat up most of the space anyway.
Personally I can live without the lock lights and they were easy to disconnect without permanent modification.
I did speak to Brock about maybe recreating the large cross from the movie. The one that Vlad stabs with his sword. It could be made to carry the two lamps... but I'd rather wait and see how this looks before adding anything else to mine.
Another option that would be more subtle would be to place two tiny LEDs in Drac's eyes.

I like the idea of a large cross to hold the two lock lamps as well as the idea to place two tiny LED's in Drac's eyes. Either one is a good idea. I am not sure that I like the idea of totally eliminating the lock lamps. Anyway, just food for thought.

Thanks.

Gord

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I'm sure any number of options will work.
I'm going to wait and see. I'm sure I can "home brew" a solution for the lock lights if it really bugs me.
The original lights were not part of the main coffin structure anyway, so having them as a separate element off the back might work.

Agreed, as a separate element off the back would be fine as well. I would rather not completely lose the lock light feature. I know when I have locked a ball and how many are locked, however a new pinball player who plays at my house may not.

Thanks for this awesome mod and hoping we can keep the lock lights in some form.

Gord

#148 8 years ago

Actually I do have a DSLR, but totally forgot to bring it Drano can probably help me out with some pics
Also his flashers are out .. go figure. Hopefully we can get some video o
Soon
One thing I might suggest is a spotlight on this from somewhere
For the lock lights, I think I'm going to sculpt some torches that you can put anywhere you like

Torches sound like a very creative idea for the lock lights. It will be interesting to see how the torches are mounted to the game.

Gord

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

±1 for torches! As soon as Brock suggested it I could picture it! They'll probably have to be sculpted around a bayonet lamp socket but I can't imagine it'll be too hard to pull off.
Tomorrow when I get a chance I'll measure up the rear mounting locations for Brock so he can have some sort of starting point.
I'm just happy my BSD is no longer naked

This highly creative mod with torches added will be like night and day when compared to the old Drac and Ron Jeremy will be relegated to the BSD parts bin. LOL.

Gord

#169 8 years ago

Hi Brock and Adriano,

Incorporating the coffin lock lamps into this mod is just the icing on the cake. If you can do that even half as well as the rest of the mod has been done it will be simply awesome.

Previously my favorite mod on my games is the speaker panel LED mod that Jeff Thompson created for CFTBL, but this BSD Dracula mod may give that mod a run for its money.

In all fairness, both mods are really incredible work. Thanks Brock and Adriano for all your efforts on this mod.

Gord

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Those who get theirs please post what you do with the ball lock lights. I think I'm towards the end of the line.

I don't really have any idea what to do with the ball lock lights. If I cannot figure something out for the ball lock lights, this realistic looking Dracula coffin mod will sit on a nearby table in my game room as a conversation piece until/if I figure something out. It is still an amazing piece of work though.

Gord

#181 8 years ago

I should have prototype torch add-ons ready to show off soon.

Very nice news indeed. So the torch add-ons will be a separate purchase then I would assume?

Gord

#185 8 years ago

Yes, but I'll be sure to give early adopters of this crazy mod a fair deal

Thanks, I will definitely purchase the torch add-ons as my own artistic skills are non-existent as I am vexed trying to draw stick figures. LOL.

Gord

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from Fooped:

I've got to say, your communication about this whole project has been excellent and is much appreciated! I'm really looking forward to mine and am very interested in in the lock light torch mod.

+1

This project has been very well managed and communicated to the forum and the final product is really, really creepy cool. Count me in for the lock light torch mod as well.

Gord

#206 8 years ago

Has anybody received theirs yet?

Mine has the following status as of today:

September 24, 2015 , 2:11 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
CHICAGO, IL 60701

I live in Aurora, CO, so it will likely take a few more days. My estimated delivery date is 09/29/2015.

Gord

#211 8 years ago

Hi Brock,

I just got mine in the mail today. You really did an amazing job on this new very realistic looking Dracula which is very true to the BSD movie version of Vlad.

Will this new Dracula coffin mod install with the stock lock lamps, tombstone and the 3-lamp PCB which sits underneath Dracula in place? Just curious as I know you are working on torch lights for the lock lights, but since I don't want to lose the lock light feature or the features with the lights underneath the stock Dracula.

Thanks.

Gord

3 months later
#306 8 years ago

Hi Brock,

I ordered the coffin mod a few months ago and have received it (very nice BTW). Are there torch mods available that I may order? I know that you have been working on them, but wasn't aware if they are available for purchase yet.

Gord

2 months later
#348 8 years ago

Hey bud, currently working on the torch mod (finally)
This preorder is for the coffin, to coincide with torch release

I am in for the torch mod when it is available and will monitor this thread.

Thanks.

Gord

1 year later
#566 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I paid for both the coffin and the torches over 2 years ago. I did receive the coffin (back on 7/5/2016 about 5 months after sending payment) but am still waiting on the torches. I've reached out numerous times and included potential solutions to his productions issues, but have not received a single response to any of those pm's

Would these torches work with the coffin mod installed?

https://mezelmods.com/collections/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-mods/products/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-torches

Gord

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GRB1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-coffin-mod-in-the-works?tu=GRB1959 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.