Topic Stats

• 597 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by pinball_customs
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 123 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P_20180509_103242_vHDR_Auto (resized).jpg
P_20180516_092046_vHDR_Auto (resized).jpg
1865B0A8-039E-492B-8504-7C08D796F894 (resized).jpeg
05E7EC15-9D3F-46E9-AB66-E74065445005 (resized).jpeg
2C3DD5E2-089B-481A-B18A-0AC742F83D61 (resized).jpeg
1F93E6F2-ABC1-4A4C-8BF5-B4105CB1F8D8 (resized).jpeg
043B162E-2ACA-4E99-88C8-34402B25D527 (resized).jpeg
A45D30B6-F524-4321-9E4F-549D89182107 (resized).jpeg
2712DCC8-5344-4B51-A977-FBA4161225F2 (resized).jpeg
99577610-C313-4107-9844-BB8DA4D781C0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20180306-062723 (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.
#151 4 years ago

Wow. Just... wow.. amazing.

#152 4 years ago

Personally, I like the cross idea for the lock light.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Personally, I like the cross idea for the lock light.

problem is the cross will only have about 1/2"-3/4" from the top of the box to the glass. Torches will be much cleaner IMO

#154 4 years ago

Yeah, if a cross it would have to be relocated for sure

#155 4 years ago

I managed to get my flasher issue sorted out and captured a short video so you all can see the effect.

I turned the room lights way down and I was casting a shadow over the mod so it looks a bit darker than normal, but really shows off the flasher effect.

#158 4 years ago

As good as it looks in the pics you posted when it was completed, seeing it in action just makes it that much better. Gorgeous and creative with the way it flashes.

I think the coffin base should be painted to match too though, or painted black, etc.

#159 4 years ago

WOW. Slaying drac just got 10 X's more enjoyable

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

As good as it looks in the pics you posted when it was completed, seeing it in action just makes it that much better. Gorgeous and creative with the way it flashes.
I think the coffin base should be painted to match too though, or painted black, etc.

I think that's my plan. I will likely paint the base black so it's less noticeable.
Another option I can try is to apply thin black adhesive vinyl to it. I can probably use a blow dryer or heat gun to make it hug the contours. This way it's reversible.... but let's be serious, who's going back to the original after this?

#161 4 years ago

I can mold and cast a new base for my machine so I am going to make it look like stone. I think that will go along with the mod pretty well. I would usually make a coffin or something like this myself, because I can be so critical of other people's work. Not this time. I would be proud to have this in my machine, especially knowing how much work and effort went into it. And I will echo what others have said. Looks great as it is, but looks better when it is lit up.

#162 4 years ago

Thanks fellas! I've been casting away on this end... lots to do still.

Mcclad, do you have any examples of your work?

#163 4 years ago

Here are a few more pics. These are for reference only.
I placed the original lamp setup behind the coffin so you guys can see how much clearance we actually have. You can see the glass is barely 1/4" above the old tombstone.

The great news is that there are two metal standoff posts that it rests on, so lots of opportunity to mount a custom piece.
I'm going to attempt to make a mock-up armature with two lamp sockets and hopefully this can be easily dressed and then recreated.

20150908_233255.jpg

20150908_232825.jpg

The last pic is just a better shot of the mod in context to the rest of the game.

20150908_003717.jpg

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Thanks fellas! I've been casting away on this end... lots to do still.
Mcclad, do you have any examples of your work?

What work are you referring to? A lot of the stuff that I have done is not related to pinball machines. If I have any pictures of past projects I could provide them if you wanted.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

What work are you referring to? A lot of the stuff that I have done is not related to pinball machines. If I have any pictures of past projects I could provide them if you wanted.

Yeah I meant just in general I always enjoy other artists' work!

#166 4 years ago

Might as well use paint on the base, nobody with one would ever go back. lol

And actually the lights look pretty good right there if it was painted to match or cut a new one out of plastic shaped like a tombstone and then painted, made the holes for the lights and went from purple to red I think it'd look good.

Again, fantastic job.

#167 4 years ago

I want one that's soooooo awesome great work!!!!!

#168 4 years ago

Yeah I meant just in general I always enjoy other artists' work!

I will have to check if I have any photos. and calling me an artist is a mistake. LOL. I am more of hacker.

#169 4 years ago

Hi Brock and Adriano,

Incorporating the coffin lock lamps into this mod is just the icing on the cake. If you can do that even half as well as the rest of the mod has been done it will be simply awesome.

Previously my favorite mod on my games is the speaker panel LED mod that Jeff Thompson created for CFTBL, but this BSD Dracula mod may give that mod a run for its money.

In all fairness, both mods are really incredible work. Thanks Brock and Adriano for all your efforts on this mod.

Gord

#170 4 years ago

Awesome work Brock. Really. This mod looks great. I've been looking to possibly move my BSD and have it listed in the marketplace for sale or trade, but you're making me rethink whether I want to. Do you have any of the original 20 of these still left?

#171 4 years ago

no the 20 numbered spots are sold, but I'll continue to make them as long as people want them!

#172 4 years ago

Just a heads up, if ordering now (which is totally fine), I'll need a few weeks before I get to yours. Quite backed up.. sorry, gang I'm a one man show! Hopefully you'll agree it's worth the wait

#173 4 years ago

Just a heads up, if ordering now (which is totally fine), I'll need a few weeks before I get to yours. Quite backed up.. sorry, gang I'm a one man show! Hopefully you'll agree it's worth the wait

No need to rush the awesomeness! I can wait to install this, my smoked cover over "Ron" has been heat warped for some time but it was hard to pull the trigger on a new clear cover just to expose the ugliness underneath. I almost pulled the trigger on another Drac mod to replace Ron, but was never truly impressed with how it looked. This is a game changer tho!

#174 4 years ago

Huge shout out from my buddy Ed on the new C2C podcast!

Thanks, Ed!

Around the 40 min. mark

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/14568/38170/e/40454210?eid=40454210

#175 4 years ago

Just so everyone is in the loop, I'm currently painting these in batches of 5 and am aiming at shipping 5 per week, and they will be shipped in order of payments received. This allows me to keep up with other parts commitments. Thanks all for your patience!

#176 4 years ago

Those who get theirs please post what you do with the ball lock lights. I think I'm towards the end of the line.

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Those who get theirs please post what you do with the ball lock lights. I think I'm towards the end of the line.

I don't really have any idea what to do with the ball lock lights. If I cannot figure something out for the ball lock lights, this realistic looking Dracula coffin mod will sit on a nearby table in my game room as a conversation piece until/if I figure something out. It is still an amazing piece of work though.

Gord

#178 4 years ago

very cool guys, for the lock lights what about a flame like condom cover for the led / globe.

I could do a scaled down mini version of the same design (for the party zone rocket flame) less the mounting lugs and send you the file then maybe you could do a 3d print and create a silicon part ????

view_7.png

#179 4 years ago

I just have to have this, it's so awsome!
I was playing BSD just now, and Ron Jeremy, as much as he deserves the stake, he has to go.

Will you be making these on request in the future?

Axl

#180 4 years ago

Currently still taking orders. The first 20 will be numbered as they're from the first mold. I'm making a second mold for the next 20 and so on.

Right now the end of the line is about 4 weeks off and growing!

Glad you're all digging this design!

I should have prototype torch add-ons ready to show off soon.

#181 4 years ago

I should have prototype torch add-ons ready to show off soon.

Very nice news indeed. So the torch add-ons will be a separate purchase then I would assume?

Gord

#182 4 years ago

Yes, but I'll be sure to give early adopters of this crazy mod a fair deal

#183 4 years ago

How much are you asking for them?

#184 4 years ago

#185 4 years ago

Thanks, I will definitely purchase the torch add-ons as my own artistic skills are non-existent as I am vexed trying to draw stick figures. LOL.

Gord

#186 4 years ago

Anxious to see the torch mod!

#187 4 years ago

For those of us who opted for unpainted, are we just "holding our place" in line until you get to us? If that's the case, no problem, just keeping modfather in the loop so he can know when to expect my unpainted coffin mod. Thanks!

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

How much are you asking for them?

Honestly it depends on how complicated they are to make. They'll require some LED finesse..

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

For those of us who opted for unpainted, are we just "holding our place" in line until you get to us? If that's the case, no problem, just keeping modfather in the loop so he can know when to expect my unpainted coffin mod. Thanks!

I'm going to try and get all the blanks shipped by the end of the week as well. These are quite tricky to cast -- I'm currently only able to cast 2 per day

#190 4 years ago

As promised, the first 5 are done and ready for shipping!

20150918_001419.jpg

#191 4 years ago

As promised, the first 5 are done and ready for shipping!

20150918_001419.jpg

Nice!!!

Any way to know where we are in line? Yes im chomping at the bit to get this installed

#192 4 years ago

first time I've seen this thread. well done!!!

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Nice!!!
Any way to know where we are in line? Yes im chomping at the bit to get this installed

I'll post a list as soon as I can. I'm busy today prepping for the Ottawa Pinball Show!

#194 4 years ago

I've got to say, your communication about this whole project has been excellent and is much appreciated! I'm really looking forward to mine and am very interested in in the lock light torch mod.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from Fooped:

I've got to say, your communication about this whole project has been excellent and is much appreciated! I'm really looking forward to mine and am very interested in in the lock light torch mod.

+1

This project has been very well managed and communicated to the forum and the final product is really, really creepy cool. Count me in for the lock light torch mod as well.

Gord

#196 4 years ago

Thanks fellas. I've tried to be as open and honest as possible with these. I wish I could crank them out faster, but I'm just one guy and I have all the other mod orders to keep up with as well. It's a delicate balance.. these 5 BSD coffins took about 25 hours alone to make from start to finish. Not a complaint at all, but just to give you an idea of the amount of time I put into my products. I'm a bit of a perfectionist.. I never send out something I'm not proud of and wouldn't put on my own games.

Cheers

- Brock

#197 4 years ago

Thanks fellas. I've tried to be as open and honest as possible with these. I wish I could crank them out faster, but I'm just one guy and I have all the other mod orders to keep up with as well. It's a delicate balance.. these 5 BSD coffins took about 25 hours alone to make from start to finish. Not a complaint at all, but just to give you an idea of the amount of time I put into my products. I'm a bit of a perfectionist.. I never send out something I'm not proud of and wouldn't put on my own games.
Cheers
- Brock

Brock, You are "top notch" brother! Best damn mod that has come out in a while. Take your time, these look amazing! You can have my money any day!

#199 4 years ago

Cheers
- Brock

I can second what Brock said. I have have done casting and painting, and it can be more time consuming than what people think.

#200 4 years ago

First batch went out, I just sent everyone their tracking #'s

Batch 2 has started!

- B

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 597 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside