A45D30B6-F524-4321-9E4F-549D89182107 (resized).jpeg
2712DCC8-5344-4B51-A977-FBA4161225F2 (resized).jpeg
99577610-C313-4107-9844-BB8DA4D781C0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20180306-062723 (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
There are 601 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.
#551 6 years ago
Quoted from Walleyefisher:

Torches? Still waiting

I'm offering a 100% refund for all those still waiting on torches. PM me your info

#552 6 years ago

After this, all production on this mod will be halted indefinitely unless a 3rd party distributor is willing to pick it up (so far, none have shown interest).

#553 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I'm offering a 100% refund for all those still waiting on torches. PM me your info

I think that the majority of us don't want a "refund". we want the torches that we ordered almost 2 years ago. I've reached out to you multiple times on potential solutions, but that seems to fall on deaf ears.

not to sound like a dick, but you kind of sold this as a "complete overhaul package", and by only delivering on 1/2 of it, we kind of feel cheated. "here sir, here's your ferrari that you ordered and pre-paid for. your transmission will ship sometime in the next 3-5 years"

#554 6 years ago

No worries JM, I apologize for not touching base sooner with you. Touch base with me again via PM and let's see what we can do. I did notice someone else was coming up with a solution for this as well, but I'm not sure where that landed.

I'm taking a break from mod production to focus on old and new unreleased projects, so let's get this hammered out first and foremost

#555 6 years ago

Finally got mine!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#556 6 years ago

Glad you're happy, Paul!

Again, for the record.. I didn't paint yours. That's the Modfather version

#557 6 years ago

Glad you're happy, Paul!
Again, for the record.. I didn't paint yours. That's the Modfather version

now about that congo lane mod ...

1 week later
#558 6 years ago

Have you shipped me the two unpainted ones yet?

#559 6 years ago
Quoted from WETHEREDS:

Have you shipped me the two unpainted ones yet?

I emailed ya

1 week later
#560 6 years ago

Added a red led strip using comet pinballs matrix system !

#561 6 years ago

No worries JM, I apologize for not touching base sooner with you. Touch base with me again via PM and let's see what we can do. I did notice someone else was coming up with a solution for this as well, but I'm not sure where that landed.
I'm taking a break from mod production to focus on old and new unreleased projects, so let's get this hammered out first and foremost

it's been nearly a month since I pm'ed you as requested without a reply back. for someone that says "let's get this hammered out", it's kind of hard to do when there's no reply

2 weeks later
#562 6 years ago

Still waiting for my three coffin mods.... How much longer is going to go on...?

3 months later
#563 6 years ago

pinball_customs if you truly wanted to get the torches done, you would have returned one of the numerous pm's that I've sent you over the past 6 months

additionally, I've given you quite a few suggestions to try out and solve your production issues. I don't understand why this seems to be that hard

#564 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

pinball_customs if you truly wanted to get the torches done, you would have returned one of the numerous pm's that I've sent you over the past 6 months
additionally, I've given you quite a few suggestions to try out and solve your production issues. I don't understand why this seems to be that hard

How long has it been now since you’ve paid him?

#565 6 years ago

I paid for both the coffin and the torches over 2 years ago. I did receive the coffin (back on 7/5/2016 about 5 months after sending payment) but am still waiting on the torches. I've reached out numerous times and included potential solutions to his productions issues, but have not received a single response to any of those pm's

#566 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I paid for both the coffin and the torches over 2 years ago. I did receive the coffin (back on 7/5/2016 about 5 months after sending payment) but am still waiting on the torches. I've reached out numerous times and included potential solutions to his productions issues, but have not received a single response to any of those pm's

Would these torches work with the coffin mod installed?

https://mezelmods.com/collections/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-mods/products/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-torches

Gord

#567 6 years ago

they probably would, but I don't think that they look half as nice as the ones that brock teased us with 2 years that he did for drano

#568 6 years ago

He posted as recently as 7 days ago, wondering why no one will buy his GOTG shooter rods...I guess people read this thread and dont want to deal with him.

Screenshot_20180306-062723 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180306-062723 (resized).png

2 weeks later
#569 6 years ago

it's been 5 months later since "mr. let's get this hammered out" has even replied to this thread (and another month since he claimed he wanted to work this out

this is why you don't make promises that you can keep. and more importantly, you don't take money for things you can't deliver on

3 weeks later
#570 6 years ago

I have produced a torch mod.... As I was sick of waiting for someone else to

#571 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

it's been 5 months later since "mr. let's get this hammered out" has even replied to this thread (and another month since he claimed he wanted to work this out
this is why you don't make promises that you can keep. and more importantly, you don't take money for things you can't deliver on

This is totally unacceptable! Lets try to keep this current until it gets resolved.

#572 6 years ago

Here's my version

The video doesn't do it justice it has red and yellow leds in it. It connects to the existing coffin lock light connector so works the same in game as the existing ones.

Msg me if you want a set

IMG_6488 (resized).JPGIMG_6488 (resized).JPG

#573 6 years ago

I'd buy a Brock coffin mod from someone, if they are looking to unload it. Painted or unpainted is fine.

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

I have produced a torch mod.... As I was sick of waiting for someone else to

Make your own thread!

#575 6 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

Make your own thread!

I was actually trying to help the guys out on here that have been waiting for years for torches. If I had posted a fresh thread it would of just got lost in all the other petty bitching and moaning that has become pinside these days so wouldn't of been a help to no one!

#576 6 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

I was actually trying to help the guys out on here that have been waiting for years for torches. If I had posted a fresh thread it would of just got lost in all the other petty bitching and moaning that has become pinside these days so wouldn't of been a help to no one!

Agreed!! I don't have Brocks MOD but I'd wanna see these torches here...not lost among the many threads where I'd surely miss it. I like the flickering effect...good stuff.

#577 6 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

You want a free advert for your product. Talented people and great products do not get passed over on Pinside.

#578 6 years ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

Maybe a good solution is you should start a separate thread and then simple post a link to it on this thread for the interested parties. There are people trying to get issues resolved from this seller and your mod posts are derailing that.

#580 6 years ago

Still waiting on those torches, I hear they are about to have a nor'easter in hell so I'll keep watching my mailbox.

#581 6 years ago

brock:
it's time you got your act together on these and finish them. it's now been 2 years since you've taken my money for a promised product and failed to deliver

2 weeks later
#582 5 years ago

I got my coffin mod sometime ago ... maybe a couple of years ago. Time flies ...

I had to come back to this thread to remember how it was supposed to look when it was installed. It fits over the top of the original coffin (sans Ron jeremy) but I didn’t like the look of that. So I did mine a little different.

First I removed everything. Took out the stainless base, and mucked around with how I wanted it to look, and most importantly, making sure it works 100%.

I removed the long hex posts from the base, and using the holes of two of them installed 2x 44 lamp holders. I bent the brackets around so the lamp faces upwards. Then I masked off the lamps and the centre bit, and gave it three coats of satin black spray paint around the edges. You can see the edge of the base with the coffin mounted, and I preferred it to be black rather than stainless.

99577610-C313-4107-9844-BB8DA4D781C0 (resized).jpeg99577610-C313-4107-9844-BB8DA4D781C0 (resized).jpeg

Next, I figured out how the Factory light board works. The yellow wire is the common, the 3x other wires drive the 555 bulbs. To be honest, I never really noticed Ron Jeremy glowing much, but ... that’s what it does.

So I removed those wires and soldered them to my new lamp holders, leaving one coloured wire spare which was taped up. The yellow wire loops between both lamps. You must put a diode in line on the coloured wires, same as the board has. Otherwise the other lamps in the matrix will stay lit.
Always use heatshrink on shit like this.

1865B0A8-039E-492B-8504-7C08D796F894 (resized).jpeg1865B0A8-039E-492B-8504-7C08D796F894 (resized).jpeg

2712DCC8-5344-4B51-A977-FBA4161225F2 (resized).jpeg2712DCC8-5344-4B51-A977-FBA4161225F2 (resized).jpeg

Then I trial fitted it to see what happened. Sure enough, the lights turn on and off as per plan. Note the 1x screw and 1x hex that now mount the steel base to the posts.

A45D30B6-F524-4321-9E4F-549D89182107 (resized).jpegA45D30B6-F524-4321-9E4F-549D89182107 (resized).jpeg

The flashers were changed to LEDs too. They really light up the coffin, and the red glow shoots out the exit as well. Nooooicceeee!

The coffin needs a little modification now it is sitting flat on the steel. I dremelled out the exit a little to make it higher for the ball to get out, and also a little notch at the back to go over the hex screw.

And here she is all fitted. It’s just sitting there at present, but I’ll probably fix it down with double sided tape.

043B162E-2ACA-4E99-88C8-34402B25D527 (resized).jpeg043B162E-2ACA-4E99-88C8-34402B25D527 (resized).jpeg

05E7EC15-9D3F-46E9-AB66-E74065445005 (resized).jpeg05E7EC15-9D3F-46E9-AB66-E74065445005 (resized).jpeg

Looks pretty sweet. IMO.

Likes up like a MoFo too! Without burning out your retinas.

Just thought I’d share that, could be helpful to someone!

rd

1F93E6F2-ABC1-4A4C-8BF5-B4105CB1F8D8 (resized).jpeg1F93E6F2-ABC1-4A4C-8BF5-B4105CB1F8D8 (resized).jpeg
2C3DD5E2-089B-481A-B18A-0AC742F83D61 (resized).jpeg2C3DD5E2-089B-481A-B18A-0AC742F83D61 (resized).jpeg

#583 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

well, another 2+ months have gone without so much as a single reply from brock. at this point, I think that all pinsiders should start to boycott him until he starts owning up to his promises
at this point, frustrated doesn't even begin to describe how I feel (especially considering that I purchased it as a "gift" for a friend. what a shitty friend I feel like when over 2 years later I still can't give what was promised

#584 5 years ago

JM, I've offered several times to refund your money for the torches.

I've been dealing with some pretty serious stuff at home so I apologize that mod making has not been a top priority. I do appreciate everyone's patience with me.

I just finished a batch of coffins, all pre-orders are shipping today. I have a limited number (4) for purchase that are ready to ship for $180 USD. I also have one pre-printed dud that is 1/4" too short (see pic). It will still fit and work fine in the game. $100 shipped.

P_20180516_092046_vHDR_Auto (resized).jpgP_20180516_092046_vHDR_Auto (resized).jpg

P_20180509_103242_vHDR_Auto (resized).jpgP_20180509_103242_vHDR_Auto (resized).jpg

1 week later
#585 5 years ago

JM, I've offered several times to refund your money for the torches.
I've been dealing with some pretty serious stuff at home so I apologize that mod making has not been a top priority. I do appreciate everyone's patience with me.
I just finished a batch of coffins, all pre-orders are shipping today. I have a limited number (4) for purchase that are ready to ship for $180 USD. I also have one pre-printed dud that is 1/4" too short (see pic). It will still fit and work fine in the game. $100 shipped.

This doesn't make sense , are you saying he has refused your refund?

#586 5 years ago

yes, I have refused the refund offer.

he's the one that originally reached out asking for assistance to get this done and I've reached out no less than 6 times over the past year, but never got a single reply from him.

I don't want a refund, I want was promised when I placed the order for both the coffin and the torches as a compete set. I'm not going to post the pm's and dig up dirt, but needless to the say, brock hasn't done anything on his part to try and even attempt to get these done (and yet has produced more coffins and more 3D snake mods for tim mezel.

I think that's the most frustrating part. I've offered numerous times (and multiple potential solutions) to help with his manufacturing problems, but he doesn't appear to want to complete this mod

people who know me, know that I follow through on everything that I've said that I'll do. in addition, I DON'T take pre-order money. NO money is taken until I have product to ship, plain and simple.

brock's taking my money is without delivering the promised product is basically a contract that he initiated. and one that he's not upholding his end

I'm not trying to be an ass about this, I just want what was promised and paid for (especially considering that this was supposed to be a gift for a friend

#587 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

yes, I have refused the refund offer.
he's the one that originally reached out asking for assistance to get this done and I've reached out no less than 6 times over the past year, but never got a single reply from him.
I don't want a refund, I want was promised when I placed the order for both the coffin and the torches as a compete set. I'm not going to post the pm's and dig up dirt, but needless to the say, brock hasn't done anything on his part to try and even attempt to get these done (and yet has produced more coffins and more 3D snake mods for tim mezel.
I think that's the most frustrating part. I've offered numerous times (and multiple potential solutions) to help with his manufacturing problems, but he doesn't appear to want to complete this mod
people who know me, know that I follow through on everything that I've said that I'll do. in addition, I DON'T take pre-order money. NO money is taken until I have product to ship, plain and simple.
brock's taking my money is without delivering the promised product is basically a contract that he initiated. and one that he's not upholding his end
I'm not trying to be an ass about this, I just want what was promised and paid for (especially considering that this was supposed to be a gift for a friend

I think its safe to say and hes pretty much said himself the torches arnt going to happen so not quite sure why your still hanging on. Thats why I produced my own

#588 5 years ago

I'm giving up the ghost on this one. I'm tired of beating a dead horse. it's a shame that the OP never followed through on what was promised

refund requested

#589 5 years ago

brock's logged on pinside a couple of times since I sent him my refund request, still no refund and no pm indicating that he's since my request
not cool

#590 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

brock's logged on pinside a couple of times since I sent him my refund request, still no refund and no pm indicating that he's since my request
not cool

I've seen your request, sorry for the delay. Will send asap

Guys, I don't live on the internet. I can't build, paint and ship products and be attached to a computer 24/7

#591 5 years ago

refund received. however, I really wished that brock would have followed through (and replied to my numerous pm's) to get this done

#592 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

refund received. however, I really wished that brock would have followed through (and replied to my numerous pm's) to get this done

I'll revisit those PM's soon. I'm confident the torches would still be a great mod and would work in many different games. I'm just swamped at the moment with the Dialed-In toppers I'm building for MezelMods

1 month later
#593 5 years ago

Refund requested on torches..will send another PM

#594 5 years ago

I'll revisit those PM's soon. I'm confident the torches would still be a great mod and would work in many different games. I'm just swamped at the moment with the Dialed-In toppers I'm building for MezelMods

what happened to "I will not be taking on any more projects until I complete my backlog"?!? did you forget you said that?

3 months later
#595 5 years ago

Love your work.

5 months later
#596 5 years ago

I currently have 3 of these BSD coffin mods boxed and ready to ship.

2 weeks later
8 months later
#598 4 years ago

Ditched the light board, hooked 2 white Comet LED strips up to GI. Kept the lock lights, left the tombstone setup loose, it's not going anywhere. Morpheus coffin cover still works perfect too!

IMG_1217 (resized).jpgIMG_1217 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#599 3 years ago

Are you making anymore of these

2 weeks later
#600 3 years ago

As far as movie accuracy goes, this wasn't really in the movie.. the crate scenes and the bat scene were completely separate. That said though, Ron Jeremy wasn't in the movie either (nor a scene of him in a casket like that)

This is exactly what I was thinking, it should be Lucy in the coffin in the game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

There are 601 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-coffin-mod-in-the-works/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.