A45D30B6-F524-4321-9E4F-549D89182107 (resized).jpeg
2712DCC8-5344-4B51-A977-FBA4161225F2 (resized).jpeg
99577610-C313-4107-9844-BB8DA4D781C0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20180306-062723 (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
There are 601 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.
#501 7 years ago
Quoted from Walleyefisher:

Still waiting on torches

yep, 13+ months without any sort of update on these. it's kind of disappointing that he's been working on [and selling] other mods when there are people who have paid for this one ages ago.

#502 7 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Sorry for all the hangups, I've refunded and sent your decal free of charge.
Also, please see the link below, it may offer a little more insight as to what's been going on
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-announcement-from-pinball-customs

I will let you know as soon as that envelope arrives. Still have the money in my PayPal account that I can resend to you. As a postal employee I know it's always our fault when that envelope doesn't make it after 22 days or more.

#503 7 years ago

Brock,

I did get the two shooter rods!

Thank you very much for sending them as they are great! I appreciate the handiwork that went into both of them.

I wanted to post this to help the rest of this thread. Brock came through for me.

Regards,

Jim B.

#504 7 years ago

Thanks Jim

The biggest hangup on the torches is my lack of electronics skills - "Dammit Jim, I'm an artist not an engineer!" I've offered full refunds to all who want them, so please don't hesitate to ask.

I haven't been producing any new mods in quite some time, but rather I've been helping other companies keep up with their orders since November of last year. Unfortunately I can't say anything more about that due to NDA restrictions.

All other backorders are slowly but surely getting filled.

#505 7 years ago

All that said, I do happen to have 4 coffin mods currently for sale.. $175 shipped (the lowest price they've ever been). No plans to make more anytime soon after this.

Tks

#506 7 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I will let you know as soon as that envelope arrives. Still have the money in my PayPal account that I can resend to you. As a postal employee I know it's always our fault when that envelope doesn't make it after 22 days or more.

No need to resend money, thanks.

1 week later
#507 7 years ago

All that said, I do happen to have 4 coffin mods currently for sale.. $175 shipped (the lowest price they've ever been). No plans to make more anytime soon after this.
Tks

I bought one of these from you on eBay on 3/30, but it doesn't look like it has shipped yet. Can you confirm?

#508 7 years ago

Just installed my BSD coffin mod tonight after it sat in my basement for 6 months. Did not go smoothly at all. Had to remove a ton of material from the underside of the mod, and it still doesn't completely sit flush. Ended up breaking the corners on the back end of the mod, but eventually got it seated after a hour of dremeling. Not exactly the mod I was hoping for. I must have gotten a dud. Still looks good, but damn it was a lot of work.

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I bought one of these from you on eBay on 3/30, but it doesn't look like it has shipped yet. Can you confirm?

PM sent

#510 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

Just installed my BSD coffin mod tonight after it sat in my basement for 6 months. Did not go smoothly at all. Had to remove a ton of material from the underside of the mod, and it still doesn't completely sit flush. Ended up breaking the corners on the back end of the mod, but eventually got it seated after a hour of dremeling. Not exactly the mod I was hoping for. I must have gotten a dud. Still looks good, but damn it was a lot of work.

That's odd, sorry to hear that. I have a BSD here I test every mod on before shipping -- did you remove the light board?

PM me your email address and I'll send some money back for your trouble.

#511 7 years ago

When I started installing I had the same impression. Then I realized it was because of the light board. Once removed, the mod sat just right.

#512 7 years ago

That's odd, sorry to hear that. I have a BSD here I test every mod on before shipping -- did you remove the light board?
PM me your email address and I'll send some money back for your trouble.

Yup, removed the light board and the small bracket. A friend recently installed one on his BSD as well, so I knew that it should have fit better. It was off by approximately a 1/4 of an inch.

#513 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

Yup, removed the light board and the small bracket. A friend recently installed one on his BSD as well, so I knew that it should have fit better. It was off by approximately a 1/4 of an inch.

Definitely shouldn't have left my workshop like that, I'll PM you so we can sort this out!

#514 7 years ago

38 days and nothing. Let me know if I need to send more money.

#515 7 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

38 days and nothing. Let me know if I need to send more money.

I blame the letter carriers.

1 week later
#516 7 years ago

I blame the letter carriers.

I got it, thank you. I will report back after installation.

#517 7 years ago

It still shows as unshipped, and we're coming up on a month here. If you could get this out to me ASAP, I'd appreciate it.

#518 6 years ago

Thanks Jim
The biggest hangup on the torches is my lack of electronics skills - "Dammit Jim, I'm an artist not an engineer!" I've offered full refunds to all who want them, so please don't hesitate to ask.

are these cast and then work done afterwards to add the lights? or are they cast with the LED in place as part of the casting (with the insulated wires already in place)?

#519 6 years ago

It still shows as unshipped, and we're coming up on a month here. If you could get this out to me ASAP, I'd appreciate it.

Hiya Dave, I sent a few days ago so it should be there by now -- let me know!

#520 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

are these cast and then work done afterwards to add the lights? or are they cast with the LED in place as part of the casting (with the insulated wires already in place)?

I cast the prototypes with LED's and wires in place

#521 6 years ago

I'm casting 4 more Drac mods tomorrow if anyone wants one, painted or un-painted. Let me know.

#522 6 years ago

I'm casting 4 more Drac mods tomorrow if anyone wants one, painted or un-painted. Let me know.

Still for $175 shipped?

#523 6 years ago

Torch update please?

#524 6 years ago

I installed this tonight. Looks badass! An enormous improvement over Ron Jeremy.

For people who will be adding this mod, but maybe have only skimmed the thread, be sure to remove the light board and bracket underneath it. If you don't, the mod will not sit flush. I wasted an embarrassing amount of time before figuring this out (then I read more of the thread and saw others had done the same). Think Clark Griswold messing with his Christmas lights, and that was pretty much me in my game room tonight.

After installing it, somehow the language reset to French when I started it back up. I know this mod had nothing to do with that, but WTFrench? It took me 20 minutes to figure out where to find the language setup. I didn't replace the batteries that long ago, and it held English after turning it off and on a few times. Not sure what happened, but it was annoying as shit. A beer afterwards helped me restore serenity.

Has anyone installed a light strip under the coffin to give it more glow? If so, I'd love to see pics. I'm also considering putting flex LEDs in the coffin lock lights, and angling them down at the coffin. That might look cool...

#525 6 years ago

I installed this tonight. Looks badass! An enormous improvement over Ron Jeremy.
For people who will be adding this mod, but maybe have only skimmed the thread, be sure to remove the light board and bracket underneath it. If you don't, the mod will not sit flush. I wasted an embarrassing amount of time before figuring this out (then I read more of the thread and saw others had done the same). Think Clark Giswold messing with his Christmas lights, and that was pretty much me in my game room tonight.
After installing it, somehow the language reset to French when I started it back up. I know this mod had nothing to do with that, but WTFrench? It took me 20 minutes to figure out where to find the language setup. I didn't replace the batteries that long ago, and it held English after turning it off and on a few times. Not sure what happened, but it was annoying as shit. A beer afterwards helped me restore serenity.
Has anyone installed a light strip under the coffin to give it more glow? If so, I'd love to see pics. I'm also considering putting flex LEDs in the coffin lock lights, and angling them down at the coffin. That might look cool...

I put 7 led red strip under my coffin and replaced the flashers as well. It was a pain in the ass to reroute the wiring, as it was not long enough. I mounted the original coffin board under the playfield, as one other user suggested. It looks good. I will try to get a picture tomorrow.

#526 6 years ago

PM sent.

3 weeks later
#527 6 years ago

Does anyone have a good original lower coffin and/red lamp plastic they'd be willing to sell? My coffin melted badly due to a locked on transistor which I've since fixed and would like to make things look nice again. I'm not planning to do the coffin mod which is why I'm asking. If you have these pieces, please PM me. Thanks

IMG_2170 (resized).JPGIMG_2170 (resized).JPG

IMG_2171 (resized).JPGIMG_2171 (resized).JPG

IMG_2188 (resized).JPGIMG_2188 (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#528 6 years ago

brock:
I just sent you a pm with a possible solution for casting the torches. please read and reply

1 month later
#529 6 years ago

Ordered one of these during brocks 4th of July special...has anyone received theirs yet?

#530 6 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Ordered one of these during brocks 4th of July special...has anyone received theirs yet?

orders are shipping this weekend. had a big snag last week when my son fell backward into a fire pit.. thankfully only his hands got burnt, but it's been a lot of back-and-forth to the hospital for re-dressings. pic is the morning after it happened.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#531 6 years ago

I also have a coffin painted by Modfather for sale, as well as an unpainted dud (1/4" too short at the bottom.). $125 usd for the Modfather coffin, $50 for the dud. shipping within NA included.

#532 6 years ago

Brock,
hope your son is doing well .
freddy

#533 6 years ago

I also have a coffin painted by Modfather for sale, as well as an unpainted dud (1/4" too short at the bottom.). $125 usd for the Modfather coffin, $50 for the dud. shipping within NA included.

Pm sent.

#534 6 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Does anyone have a good original lower coffin and/red lamp plastic they'd be willing to sell? My coffin melted badly due to a locked on transistor which I've since fixed and would like to make things look nice again. I'm not planning to do the coffin mod which is why I'm asking. If you have these pieces, please PM me. Thanks

I have this modeled up I just need to finish it. The base coffin that is. I need to get motivated.

#535 6 years ago

K the July 4th special I had is starting to ship. I had 2 cancellations, so if anyone is interested I have two available and will honour the $150usd sale price on those.

1 week later
#536 6 years ago

K the July 4th special I had is starting to ship. I had 2 cancellations, so if anyone is interested I have two available and will honour the $150usd sale price on those.

anyone get theirs yet ? i was hoping to have mine for this holiday weekend

#537 6 years ago

Hello all, my sincerest apologies for not updtating sooner..

there have been delays in this latest batch of BSD mods. without getting into details, there have been personal setbacks at home that have slowed production. I also must admit that I took on way too many orders for this wave, and for that I apologize.

The final round of shipments are going out this week, so if you don't have yours yet then it will be in this week's batch of shipments (no later than Sunday).

As always, thank you all for your patience and understanding.

#538 6 years ago

any update on the torches for those of us that have been waiting patiently for well over a year?

1 week later
#539 6 years ago

Did the two unpainted coffin mods I have been waiting for ship yet?

#540 6 years ago
Quoted from WETHEREDS:

Good question. I'm just a trip down the QEW and still waiting for mine!

#541 6 years ago

I paid for mine back on 7/13/17 and have yet to get it, I even started another thread about my dealings with pinball_customs and man, if I'd read this one I would have never sent my money to this "business". Unprofessional to say the least, as of this writing he has yet to refund my money as he claims he will. The guy also told me it was shipping on two separate occasions in the last three months, that's just unacceptable customer service.

Quoted from mollyspub:

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 8.36.30 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-19 at 8.36.30 PM (resized).png

#542 6 years ago

We should all demand a refund at this point, businesses that have to make a habit out of lying to their customers don't deserve our support.

Quoted from j_m_:any update on the torches for those of us that have been waiting patiently for well over a year?

#543 6 years ago

Man, it must get old having to constantly lie to people! Why oh why did you claim on two different occasions that mine had gone out!? WTF, give me my money back as you claimed you would do!

Hello all, my sincerest apologies for not updtating sooner..
there have been delays in this latest batch of BSD mods. without getting into details, there have been personal setbacks at home that have slowed production. I also must admit that I took on way too many orders for this wave, and for that I apologize.
The final round of shipments are going out this week, so if you don't have yours yet then it will be in this week's batch of shipments (no later than Sunday).
As always, thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 8.36.30 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-19 at 8.36.30 PM (resized).png

#544 6 years ago

robin were you aware you have a scammer taking money and not delivering products here?

#545 6 years ago

Sorry about your kid and I hope he heals up 100%! On the other hand, I am definitely not sorry that you felt compelled to lie to me about shipping my item 2x, kind of makes it hard for me to want to be patient unfortunately.

orders are shipping this weekend. had a big snag last week when my son fell backward into a fire pit.. thankfully only his hands got burnt, but it's been a lot of back-and-forth to the hospital for re-dressings. pic is the morning after it happened.

#546 6 years ago

Just tagging this everywhere, he told me mine had shipped 2x over a month ago. Still Waiting!

Quoted from WETHEREDS:

1 week later
#547 6 years ago

I wanted to share some insight on my process, so here's a step-by-step:

1. Mix resin with red dye, pour mold, close mold and wait 1hr (and pray).
2. Pull cast from mold and inspect.
3. Remove flashing (over-pour)
4. Sand/grind bottom to correct height
5. Scrub with hot water and soap to remove mold release -- let dry over night
6. Correct any trapped air bubbles with filler
7. Spray first coat of primer -- wait 1/2 hr.
8. Spray second coat of primer -- leave to dry overnight.
9. Cover and missed areas or cracks with black paint
10. First wash, dark wood paint applied. Let dry 1/2 hr
11. Second wash, wood highlight paint applied. Let dry 1/2 hr
12. Black "leather and straps" layer painted. This is the longest part of the paint process and takes FOREVER -- Let dry 1/2 hr
12a. Leather highlight layer applied.
13. Black layer applied to Dracula (bat form). Let dry 1/2 hr
14. First wash, dark dirt layer applied. Let dry 1/2 hr
15. Second wash, dirt highlight layer applied.
16. First layer, dark Dracula skin applied.
17. Rocks in dirt painted with black details
18. Second layer, mid-tone Dracula skin applied.
19. While Drac dries, cracked wood "Fresh wood" accents applied
20. Third layer, highlight Dracula skin applied.
21. Fourth layer, black wash -- Dracula hair and eye sockets
22. Fifth layer, Dracula's eyeballs (red)
23. Sixth layer, Black details (Drac's pupils and claws)
24. Seventh layer, Drac's teeth. Dracula complete.
25. Silver accents applied (metal rings).
26. Let entire piece dry and seal over night.
27. Inspection And touchups before clearcoat
28. First layer clearcoat applied -- wait 1 hr
29. Second layer clearcoat applied -- leave overnight
30. Final inspection before test fit
31. Test fit in test game, including replacing the glass for clearance test

Job done!

#548 6 years ago

The result!

IMG_20170929_140205 (resized).jpgIMG_20170929_140205 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170929_140053 (resized).jpgIMG_20170929_140053 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170929_140026 (resized).jpgIMG_20170929_140026 (resized).jpg

#549 6 years ago

Torches? Still waiting

#550 6 years ago

I wanted to share some insight on my process, so here's a step-by-step:
1. Mix resin with red dye, pour mold, close mold and wait 1hr (and pray).
2. Pull cast from mold and inspect.
3. Remove flashing (over-pour)
4. Sand/grind bottom to correct height
5. Scrub with hot water and soap to remove mold release -- let dry over night
6. Correct any trapped air bubbles with filler
7. Spray first coat of primer -- wait 1/2 hr.
8. Spray second coat of primer -- leave to dry overnight.
9. Cover and missed areas or cracks with black paint
10. First wash, dark wood paint applied. Let dry 1/2 hr
11. Second wash, wood highlight paint applied. Let dry 1/2 hr
12. Black "leather and straps" layer painted. This is the longest part of the paint process and takes FOREVER -- Let dry 1/2 hr
12a. Leather highlight layer applied.
13. Black layer applied to Dracula (bat form). Let dry 1/2 hr
14. First wash, dark dirt layer applied. Let dry 1/2 hr
15. Second wash, dirt highlight layer applied.
16. First layer, dark Dracula skin applied.
17. Rocks in dirt painted with black details
18. Second layer, mid-tone Dracula skin applied.
19. While Drac dries, cracked wood "Fresh wood" accents applied
20. Third layer, highlight Dracula skin applied.
21. Fourth layer, black wash -- Dracula hair and eye sockets
22. Fifth layer, Dracula's eyeballs (red)
23. Sixth layer, Black details (Drac's pupils and claws)
24. Seventh layer, Drac's teeth. Dracula complete.
25. Silver accents applied (metal rings).
26. Let entire piece dry and seal over night.
27. Inspection And touchups before clearcoat
28. First layer clearcoat applied -- wait 1 hr
29. Second layer clearcoat applied -- leave overnight
30. Final inspection before test fit
31. Test fit in test game, including replacing the glass for clearance test
Job done!

That's great but,I'm still waiting for mine!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
$ 5.00
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 601 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-coffin-mod-in-the-works/page/11?hl=walleyefisher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.