By pinball_customs

2 years ago

Stats

• 557 posts
  • 116 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 week ago by mollyspub
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 108 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
IMG_20170929_140026 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170929_140053 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170929_140205 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 8.36.30 PM (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_2188 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG
IMG_2170 (resized).JPG
IMG_9589 (resized).PNG
IMG_9588 (resized).PNG
IMG_9587 (resized).PNG

There are 557 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 12.
#1 2 years ago

Hey all! Just wanted to share some progress on a mod I'm making for a client. He want's to replace his Ron Jeremy coffin with something much more.. appealing.

So follow along as I make some progress on this mod!

First pic, the initial hack and slashing of some toys. Many hours of grinding, gluing and sculpting later..

11934987_10155971493715464_9042880238681091058_n.jpg

#2 2 years ago

As you can see from that pic, this will simply slip over top of the current coffin.

#3 2 years ago

And here I've added some more support material and have started fleshing out the sculpt.

11222075_10155974185595464_8775014183205697701_n.jpg

#4 2 years ago

And here I've done more detail work, and have started creating the "broken crate" look.

11954578_10155974805795464_3267564145826754898_n.jpg

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

And here I've done more detail work, and have started creating the "broken crate" look.

11954578_10155974805795464_3267564145826754898_n.jpg

Holy crap, that is incredible work. Too bad it is so damn time consuming for you to create as a lot of folks would buy this mod for their BSD.

If you do offer them for sale at some point please add me to the list as I will purchase one.

Gord

#6 2 years ago

There's no way the material I'm using will survive, it's just wax clay. Also I can't paint it. Ultimately I'll be casting this in resin and hand painting it.

#8 2 years ago

There's no way the material I'm using will survive, it's just wax clay. Also I can't paint it. Ultimately I'll be casting this in resin and hand painting it.

If you ever get to the point where you can produce enough of these for sale please let the forum members know. I will certainly take one and I am sure that many other BSD owners would take one as well.

Gord

#9 2 years ago

how will you handle lighting? will the earth in the coffin be translucent and lit from the OG ron jeremy light board?

#10 2 years ago

I want him, but must have the USPS Priority version

He looks awesome and would be interested, especially if there is a new tombstone. The factory one is crap.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

how will you handle lighting? will the earth in the coffin be translucent and lit from the OG ron jeremy light board?

Yel, my goal is to make the dirt translucent

Not sure how to approach the tombstone just yet..

Watching the movie now for inspiratiin while I work

#12 2 years ago

I smile every time I see people refer to the original as the Ron Jeremy version, glad that's not just me.

Looks great man.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

If you ever get to the point where you can produce enough of these for sale please let the forum members know. I will certainly take one and I am sure that many other BSD owners would take one as well.

Seconded. Looks phenomenal and I would absolutely want to get on a list if larger-scale production becomes a reality!

#14 2 years ago

Me too, this looks great.

-c

#15 2 years ago

I will take one. Looks awesome.

#16 2 years ago

This looks awsome!
but i get this deja vu feeling, has anybody done this before?

Axl

#17 2 years ago

Looking good.

#18 2 years ago

Awesome work id be Interested in one also

#19 2 years ago

If you are going to do a run of these, count me in.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

but i get this deja vu feeling, has anybody done this before?

I remember this as well - I think someone had used the McFarlane figure but modified it to fit in the existing coffin structure. This mod goes a step further, but both are massive improvements over the ridiculous-looking factory Drac.

#21 2 years ago

You could cast it in clear resin that has been tinted. The dirt would look cool if it lit up in a blood red color. I am curious to see how you are going to mold that piece. The way it is now it looks like it would be tough to mold with the undercuts. The positioning of the bat figure is perfect. If you do a run of these I would definetly be interested in one.

#22 2 years ago

Yeah I'm a little curious how I'm gonna mold it as well lol but the T1000 was tricky too.

#23 2 years ago

put me down for one!

p

#24 2 years ago

Good luck with the price on this one. That is a McFarlane movie maniac figurine, and it comes in a 2 pack with the BSD wolf figurine. Cheapest one on eBay right now is $75 starting bid. I know this because I own the figurines and got insanely lucky to buy them NIB for $45 back in May 2015.

#25 2 years ago

Inside sculpt complete.. time to work on the broken wood portion

20150902_210825.jpg

#26 2 years ago

Adding some wood grain..

20150902_235042.jpg

#27 2 years ago

Looks fantastic! I would definitely like to have one too!

#28 2 years ago

More detailing..

20150903_131541.jpg

#29 2 years ago

The sculpting on the wood, fabric and rings looks great. It blends in perfectly.

#30 2 years ago

Other corner done. Two more corners to go...

20150903_143516.jpg

#31 2 years ago

Bloody fantastic!

#32 2 years ago

Are you guys ok with the original base there? Or do you think I should cover it up with some "dirt"?

#33 2 years ago

The dirt might not look right. I think that it would be easier to assume that the coffin is on the floor, because the base looks like it might be a concrete platform in the castle. Even though the assembly would be off the playfield, it would still look like it is resting on the ground. The dirt would seem like it is suspended in the air. Just my 2 cents.

#34 2 years ago

Are you guys ok with the original base there? Or do you think I should cover it up with some "dirt"?

It does look a bit too clean considering what's happening up top.

#35 2 years ago

I have always wanted to do a custom coffin that would look awesome. I am glad that you are saving me all this trouble. Please have these for sale. The more that I see of it, the more I like.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

It does look a bit too clean considering what's happening up top.

How about chipping some of the edges and corners, and applying a few cracks to simulate stone?

#37 2 years ago

I honestly would be fine with it either way - I think it looks fantastic as is, but I'm trying to remember the positioning of the crates as they're seen in the film.

#38 2 years ago

In the movie wasn't it being transported on a train or boat? maybe just paint it black to not draw attention to it?

-c

#39 2 years ago

Looking good as always! That is going to be a fun 2 part mold.

Keith

#40 2 years ago

Well the base isn't mine so I can't destroy it unfortunately, and also the idea is that mod slips over top -- there's no screws to hold this down, it's completely supported by the old base.

Keith.. this is going to be a tricky 2 parter for sure. The first part will be easy, but I need to make this hollow somehow. There will be some trial and error here.. however I'm looking forward to sharing the results!

I can't say if this would be for sale or not.. so far I'm treating it as a one-off prototype. This is the most complex mod I've made (so far), so I don't want to jinx it before I know I can actually do it.

Thanks all for following along! I appreciate the creative input so far. I'm going to finish the sculpt today one way or another!

#41 2 years ago

As far as movie accuracy goes, this wasn't really in the movie.. the crate scenes and the bat scene were completely separate. That said though, Ron Jeremy wasn't in the movie either (nor a scene of him in a casket like that)

#42 2 years ago

You had me at,"Just wanted to share some progress on a mod I'm making.." in a BSD Coffin in the Works thread. Put me on the list.

The coffin area is a major design weakness on BSD that I see every game I play. Love everything else about the game, but felt coffin area looked generally terrible. These things bug me - smoky top lid, dim lighting, suck-ass-drac, crappy tomb decal, overhead lock lights that create laser like glare back on drac. It feels materially horrible - but I am probably being too dramatic and harsh.

It bugged me enough that I have been talking to another sculpture about doing this very thing for me. Recreating a realistic coffin and cool drac figure. I love drac escaping the coffin, and the level of detail is good. Anyways looking forward to your progress.

#43 2 years ago

^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^ Awesome work.Want!

#44 2 years ago

Wow, does that ever look good!

#45 2 years ago

this looks DOPE! Following...

#46 2 years ago

As far as movie accuracy goes, this wasn't really in the movie.. the crate scenes and the bat scene were completely separate.

Well, yeah, technically that's true... but this design is so much closer to the spirit of the film that it doesn't really matter. The idea of Drac in bat form exploding out of the crates full of soil is pretty easy to imagine.

#47 2 years ago

You are going to sell a ton of these.

#48 2 years ago

also the idea is that mod slips over top

There may be a conflict. Pretty sure Ron Jeremy's contract states that he's always on top.

If you make them for sale please add me to the list. Very nice work so far.

#49 2 years ago

Add me in on this one as well please...

#50 2 years ago

Don't own a BSD but glad he finally has room for his legs

Looks great!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Nicholasville, KY
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 12.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5.00
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
$ 209.99
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 557 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.