New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 113763)

BSD castle lock ramp - GRRRRR!!!

By Atomicboy

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by neurokinetik
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1449.jpg
2014-12-30 21.14.50.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Mine flies off as it whips around so fast when diverted. I have read others have this issue as well. Anyone got a fix? I can't even think of how to rectify this. My only thought was raising the plastic ramp to the left of it, so that it sort of acts as a guide on that side, but not even sure if that will work. I wish this was an enclosed wireramp, maybe that is the only solution, for this mod to be made.

I also have a similar problem on my AFM, the wire ramp on the right for the first bend to the left behind the martian, and hard shots, will fire off and land in the right outlane.

#2 5 years ago

Mine does the same thing after I upgraded the coil for the right flipper. I went up a little bit in strength. I saw another thread where guys put something on the ramp like tape or something to slow the ball down right before it gets diverted to the wire ramp. Mine only seems to do it when I hit one or two ramp shots in a row and the ball has extra speed going up the main ramp. I tried adjusting the ramp that didn't help. I may need to raise the pin a little to slow the shot down.
Joe

#3 5 years ago

Check your level. I was out a little bit and lowering the right side just a touch fixed it for me. Also only with real smooth, fast shots. I have seen someone who made their own "enclosed" ramp to fix it as well. I'll just assume I saw that in the owner's thread.

#4 5 years ago

All games digitally leveled.

#5 5 years ago

Somewhere on this forum I posted a photo of what I did to fix the problem on mine. I used a bit of piano wire to make a little barrier and no one even notices it is there. I didn't save the photo after I uploaded it here though so I can't repost it

#7 5 years ago

Weird never had that happen with my old one. Is your BSD clearcoated?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Weird never had that happen with my old one. Is your BSD clearcoated?

No, everything rebuilt and plays very fast. When it's time to clean, and it slows down a bit, I rarely happens, but after cleaning especially, it's a lot, as the balls fly around the ramp.

#10 5 years ago

Mine never does this either and it's cleared and waxed. Strange. All of the post in the correct spot?

#11 5 years ago

Yeah this solved it for me. You might want to trim your tape a little neater than I did Probably could get away with a smaller piece too. 2014-12-30 21.14.50.jpg

#12 5 years ago

Hmm I have all kinds of dampening foam, I'll try that. Easy to get to to change out.

#13 5 years ago

You can also bend the wire form to create more of a berm, mine plays VERY fast and after this never had the problem again.

#14 5 years ago

I took part of a beer koozy and double-sided taped it to the diverter. No more issues. I tried all of the other suggestions before finally doing this.

IMG_1449.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside