Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by fusion301
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Im not sure but when i have 2 or even 3 balls locked and i get bats or rats all the balls are let through. I dont think this is sapossed to happen. Only for castle multi ball correct. It should only let one ball go for bats and rats rt. I tested the optos and they all work fine in switch test.

#2 11 years ago

I got this occasionally too. My optos all seemed to check out but I cleaned them anyway and it has seemed to solve the problem.

#3 11 years ago

Just took them apart and cleaned them no change. Any other ideas?

#4 11 years ago

Sorry I've got nothing else. I guess I was lucky and didn't have to dig very deep into it. I think it's a common problem tho.

#5 11 years ago

Should not happen, are they releasing from the castle lock? If so you may need to clean or check the parts for the release plunger possibly.

Mine has never done that in 2 years+

#6 11 years ago

If they are releasing from the through, you probably have flaky switches in there...

#7 11 years ago

Yes they are releasing from the castle lock. The release plunger works fine. Those are just optos switches and they are working fine in test. Is there an adjustment i can make software?

#8 11 years ago

It should release one ball from the castle lock for bats, but not for rats. If you cleaned the optos in the castle lock, maybe the release plunger is a little sluggish? If the game sees the right changes at the castle optos, it knows to stop releasing balls. Are multiple balls ending up in the shooter lane, or is it pausing to release another?

#9 11 years ago

No multiple ball are ending up in the sooter lane.

#10 11 years ago

Yes it only happens with bats.

#11 11 years ago

I mean yes they are all releasing at the same time into the shooter lane.

#12 11 years ago

I just did a little experimenting on my machine. If I stick my finger into the castle while there is a ball locked, it will release a ball. If I left my finger in there, the lock would keep releasing over and over, but the release plunger never has the little post lowered for more than a second at a time.

#13 11 years ago

+1 on inspecting/cleaning the castle release mechanism. probably dirty and not releasing correctly

#14 11 years ago

Ok with no balls in the lock the post goes up and down fine. But when there are balls locked the post is rubbing up against the pf. I will look at it tn and adjust it thanks guys.

#15 11 years ago

Yeah, my BSD did the same thing when I first got it. I adjusted it so that the releasing rod won't touch the PF and that fixed it. The contact with the PF was just enough to slow the rod popping back up down. Fix that and you should be good to go.

#16 11 years ago

Yes you may want to rebuild inspect that area closely - I also had a similar problem that seemed to resolve itself - probably when I was shopping it out I may have adjusted it it slightly and totally forgot about it. But it has to be fast and smooth to catch that next ball coming.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 84.99
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-bats-and-rats-quetion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.