• Latest reply 8 years ago by Ockeyhead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

001.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I just purchased a BSD from the York Show last week, & have fixed several issues w/ the machine. As of last night the ball launch failed. I did however go into test mode & checked the switch associated w/ the launch. The launch switch tested just fine, but the coil test in regards to the launch never activated. The coil itself appears to be good, & moves just fine back & forth fluently when moved by hand. I have already reseated the four connections J205 - J212 w/ no such luck. Does anyone have any insight to this issue?

#2 8 years ago

Measure dc voltage at the coil lugs. Should be about 70v. Report back.

#3 8 years ago

The wire from coil to lugs can break and can b hard to notice

#4 8 years ago

Thanks fellows, as I don't have time at this moment ~ I'll check the suspected coil later this evening. Will message back....

#5 8 years ago

I just checked the launch coil & the meter tested zero. The wires appear to be in tact & secure, so they appear to be alright. Should I just go ahead & replace the coil?

#6 8 years ago

"The meter tested 0" really doesn't provide much data. On what setting? What were you testing for? Problem is usually not the coil.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

I just checked the launch coil & the meter tested zero. The wires appear to be in tact & secure, so they appear to be alright. Should I just go ahead & replace the coil?

Cld be coil or just broken wire or even transistor . U need more test to determine before buying parts

#8 8 years ago

So sorry it's taking a while to respond, as of Saturday we've had a death in the family. Just juggling the main priorities right now. Just to be sure ~ what exact measurement on the dial does the multi meter need to be? I have a picture of both meters that's in my possession. I'll respond as soon as I can.

001.jpg001.jpg

#9 8 years ago

Turn your dial towards the "V" with a solid line and a dotted line underneath it (0900 to 1200 position), and put the dial on "200". If the voltage is supposed to be 70V, when you put the dial on "200", that will allow the multimeter to measure any voltage from 0V up to 200V. Since 70V is in that range, with the dial on "200" and the probes on the appropriate coil ends, you should get 70V on the multimeter screen.

Hope that didn't sound condescending, just wanted to thoroughly explain the reasoning

1 week later
#10 8 years ago

So sorry for the delay fellows as there was an immediate death in the family. Thanks to all who replied as it was simply a loose wire. After readjusting a couple switches & redoing a molex connecter the game is 100%.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
$ 5.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-ball-launch-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.