BSD another start up issue

By adams_arcade

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I made a quick video showing the issue I have with starting a game.

This has a new rottendog mpu and driver board.

The ramp should go up before ball launches. Where do I start checking??

Please note I made an error connecting J124 to J128 because I'm stupid and followed the manual. Hence why there is a new driver board and mpu in the pin for testing. This all happened before the new driver and mpu

#2 6 years ago

Pull all of your 3 amp fuses in the back box and check/replace as needed. Had a similiar issue but mine was the left sling after plugging a ribbon cable in wrong.

#3 6 years ago

Tried the Magnet test. Looks like I have serious issues ... no idea where to start

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Pull all of your 3 amp fuses in the back box and check/replace as needed. Had a similiar issue but mine was the left sling after plugging a ribbon cable in wrong.

All fuses checked good. Thanks!

#5 6 years ago

Does the Ball load ramp lift in solenoid test? I'm assuming the mist ball isn't loaded. If you catch that ball that gets shot out and put your hand in front of the ball on magnet opto does the game start as normal thinking a ball has been loaded?

#6 6 years ago

That is suggestive of a bad opto board for the mist ball. I had a pretty similar issue where it dropped my mist ball, and it would keep all 4 balls in the trough. I am not saying this IS your problem, but I would investigate it.

Go into switch test mode with the mist ball out of its lil cubby hole. Break the 24" opto beam across the PF by swiping your hand across the PF where the mist ball would travel. You SHOULD hear an audible "ba-deep" of the opto beam being broken. If not, we need to test your transmitter and receiver to make sure both are working, and that they are properly lined up. If they both work and are lined up, it's a mist ball opto board problem.

#7 6 years ago

Ok: yes confirmed it beeps

"Break the 24" opto beam across the PF by swiping your hand across the PF where the mist ball would travel"

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Does the Ball load ramp lift in solenoid test? I'm assuming the mist ball isn't loaded. If you catch that ball that gets shot out and put your hand in front of the ball on magnet opto does the game start as normal thinking a ball has been loaded?

The ramp opens first then ball loaded in to launcher. The ball should be loaded to launcher then the ramp should open. It's basically backwards

#9 6 years ago

Here's a question

So when I stupidly connected j124 cable to j128 obviously it screwed up my driver board.

So once connection was put into J124 and I replace the driver board and mpu....

What else could be screwed up for that connection error?

#10 6 years ago

Verify all your ball trough switches are in properly working order. I'm wondering if one of them is flaky/stuck...

#11 6 years ago

Ball trough not working

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from adams_arcade:

Ball trough not working

Expand on this. What do you mean it doesn't work?

#13 6 years ago

Does not register a ball when drained. Does not register all in trough. When trying to start game says pinball 4 missing

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from adams_arcade:

The ramp opens first then ball loaded in to launcher. The ball should be loaded to launcher then the ramp should open. It's basically backwards

Sorry. My bad. I couldn't see the ramp lifting the on that clip.
Is the drain switch working in switch test? Can use register it by pressing your finger on it? If it works by pressing it but not with the ball it may need adjusting.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Sorry. My bad. I couldn't see the ramp lifting the on that clip.
Is the drain switch working in switch test? Can use register it by pressing your finger on it? If it works by pressing it but not with the ball it may need adjusting.

Drain switch with ball or by hand is a no.
I clarified in my last post what I see

#16 6 years ago

Solved!!!

Repinned connector at going to j206/207 it was the old Punch style connectors. I could see green/yellow was not tight.

Looks good now!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-another-start-up-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.