(Topic ID: 136908)

BSD: Another Mist ball issue *Solved*

By Gov

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

We are having an issue with a project BSD we picked up. It seems we have everything working as far as the optos and magnets go on the mist ball. However, when the ball is loaded into the right mist pocket it falls down and the magnet grabs it and everything is fine. The long beam opto is blocked as it should be. Then the magnet lets go of the ball and it rests against the gate, and now the beam is no longer blocked. The right gate opens, and the ball falls out and it loads a new ball.......over and over. Is the magnet supposed to stay energized and hold the ball?

When I go into the magnet test it seems to work fine. All of the optos appear to be working, but when you go back to the attract mode, the same sequence starts over. The optos can't physically be moved down any so I don't think that is the issue. It seems like when the ball is released by the magnet to rest in the right gate, it should still be blocking the long opto beam, but it is nearly 1/2" too low to do that.

Any ideas?

#2 8 years ago

The magnet does not hold the ball in either pocket. Bend the guide that the ball rests on up a little bit so that the ball blocks the opto while resting on it.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

The magnet does not hold the ball in either pocket. Bend the guide that the ball rests on up a little bit so that the ball blocks the opto while resting on it.

That is what I figured about the magnet. I did try to bend the ball gate and guide, but it is still too far away. I will try bending it some more this evening.

#4 8 years ago

yeah its all about how it rests on the gate

#5 8 years ago

some people have put a little piece of foam on the ball guide to make the ball sit higher.

#6 8 years ago

That is exactly what we did last night and it worked. Thanks for the help!

#7 8 years ago

I'm having a similar issue and it's been stumping me. Didn't even think about adjusting the gate. I'm going to give this a try!

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

adjusting the gate

not the gate, the ball guide.

#9 8 years ago

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-another-mist-ball-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.