Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 89 days ago by Blake
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E528FBAC-88CC-41DC-A125-44FC485DB0A7 (resized).jpeg
3627D2B9-8003-43E3-8BFD-E515129DE421 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimy_speedt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 months ago

Hi,

I am wondering why all 4 balls are not ejected from the outhole to the through. There is one ball resting on the outhole.

Is it a problem ? Any idea why ?

Thanks for the help

#6 3 months ago

Thank you all for the feedback. Here are pics. I have an assumption:

The ball on magnet worked, but no longer does. When I go to the switch test menu, there should be a square in 82 for the long distance optos. But it does not, although there is no ball in the right pocket.

3 balls are ejected to the through when I switch the game on. The 4th stays on the outhole.

The normal sequence is the following: the the machine is started, the metallic ramp on the shooter lane should be lifted, a ball ejected from the through, then launched to the “ball on magnet” position. The 4th ball then moves to the through.

Here, it does not work that way. When the machine is started, the game thinks there is already a “ball on magnet”, where it is not (since this long optos switch fails). Hence, it does no longer attempt to lock a ball. One ball stays on the outhole, 3 balls in the through, an the motor keeps moving right to left and left to right at machine start.

Sometimes it works properly, I.e. switch 82 is detected as ok and the initial sequence works fine, sometimes not. No clue why.

3627D2B9-8003-43E3-8BFD-E515129DE421 (resized).jpegE528FBAC-88CC-41DC-A125-44FC485DB0A7 (resized).jpeg

#8 3 months ago

Yes I made the usual tests and cleaned the optos.

Might be a weak soldering.

Thanks again

#10 3 months ago

Looks like it was the transmitter diode giving problems. X fingers. Thanks again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimy_speedt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside