Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 85 days ago by Blake
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E528FBAC-88CC-41DC-A125-44FC485DB0A7 (resized).jpeg
3627D2B9-8003-43E3-8BFD-E515129DE421 (resized).jpeg

#1 89 days ago

Hi,

I am wondering why all 4 balls are not ejected from the outhole to the through. There is one ball resting on the outhole.

Is it a problem ? Any idea why ?

Thanks for the help

#2 89 days ago

Does the trough have four switches? Are all switches registering in test mode? Are ball drains being accounted for? A lot of issues can stem from one switch being intermittent. Especially the first as it starts a whole slew of issues. Double kick outs, trough switch errors, and ball drains not registering. Could be a simple adjustment or replacement of a switch. Removing the apron and putting it in test is the best way to troubleshoot.

Thanks
Blake

#3 89 days ago

If you have all the balls sitting at the outhole, then you may have a blown fuse on the power driver board. Test F101 to F105 and the second down from the top right corner of the board.

#4 89 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

If you have all the balls sitting at the outhole, then you may have a blown fuse on the power driver board. Test F101 to F105 and the second down from the top right corner of the board.

The way I read it is three balls are in the trough and the last ball did not carry over and is sitting in the outhole. But I may have misinterpreted.

thanks
Blake

#5 89 days ago

Is the first ball being loaded into the right side pocket for the mist magnet? There is always a ball pre-loaded for that. Just wondering if it is not loading it up, then is there the space for the 4th ball in the trough. (3 balls in trough, 1 for mist mb).

#6 89 days ago

Thank you all for the feedback. Here are pics. I have an assumption:

The ball on magnet worked, but no longer does. When I go to the switch test menu, there should be a square in 82 for the long distance optos. But it does not, although there is no ball in the right pocket.

3 balls are ejected to the through when I switch the game on. The 4th stays on the outhole.

The normal sequence is the following: the the machine is started, the metallic ramp on the shooter lane should be lifted, a ball ejected from the through, then launched to the “ball on magnet” position. The 4th ball then moves to the through.

Here, it does not work that way. When the machine is started, the game thinks there is already a “ball on magnet”, where it is not (since this long optos switch fails). Hence, it does no longer attempt to lock a ball. One ball stays on the outhole, 3 balls in the through, an the motor keeps moving right to left and left to right at machine start.

Sometimes it works properly, I.e. switch 82 is detected as ok and the initial sequence works fine, sometimes not. No clue why.

3627D2B9-8003-43E3-8BFD-E515129DE421 (resized).jpegE528FBAC-88CC-41DC-A125-44FC485DB0A7 (resized).jpeg

#7 89 days ago

I think thats where the issue is then, with the first ball in series (magnet opto). Have you tested the opto to see if it functions? You can do this with the test menu up and hold a piece of paper to block the path. Does it register the change? If so your problem could be elsewhere. If not -

After that I would first pull the opto, clean with alcohol and a cue tip and inspect for cold solder joints on the header pins. I would also investigate the connections on both sides of the opto (wiring). If all looks good, then replace the opto.

Thanks
Blake

#8 89 days ago

Yes I made the usual tests and cleaned the optos.

Might be a weak soldering.

Thanks again

#9 89 days ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Yes I made the usual tests and cleaned the optos.
Might be a weak soldering.
Thanks again

Or an intermittent connection in the wiring harness. Lots of times if you leave it in test you can replicate the issue by playing around with the connectors, opto, exc.

Thanks
Blake

#10 88 days ago

Looks like it was the transmitter diode giving problems. X fingers. Thanks again.

#11 85 days ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Looks like it was the transmitter diode giving problems. X fingers. Thanks again.

No problem. Glad you fixed it.

Thanks
Blake

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 5.00
$ 5.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside