• BS Dracula 67 votes
    45%
  • The Shadow 83 votes
    55%

(150 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160714_193142_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider someoneelse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

Shadow is one of the best games ever. Great modes, additional goals to get to Final Battle, Final Battle itself is cool, smart layout with fast loops & lots of shots, Battlefield, unique ramp diverters that add a strategic twist no other pin has.

They share great sound, a cool magnet trick and challenging gameplay but TS is a huge and diverse package while BSD is extremely one tracked in my opinion.

BSD is fun, but this is no contest at all to me, Shadow wins my a mile in every aspect.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What's the magnet trick in Shadow?

The ball lock. This guy is hitting it on his first shot:

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

For all of Shadow's depth, isn't it just loops all day in a tournament? I thought I remember that from a tutorial video.
New question: Which one is a better tournament game?

Well, the thing is that the loop shot has a what is probably a bug: The scoring on that shot is not capped, means it gets more and more valuable each time you hit it. Not sure if anyone ever managed to max out that score, but it seems to be infinite.

At least Bowen (who made the video about this strategy) has done a good job luring the other players into trying that strategy - and defeating them by miles if they take the bait. I've tried and tried and tried to get good scores out of the loop strategy but won't even come close to the scores I have when playing a "normal" game.

Still, due to the infinite scoring bug in a tournament setting BSD might be a better choice.

Then again, to me tournament play has very little to do with enjoyable pinball as usually the main goals of the game are ignored anyway.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I also tried the Bowen strategy and failed. I have the current Pinside top score on TS but I can't play that strategy consistently. Actually, the inner loop shot with the ball at fast speed is a quite dangerous shot, so if played often you end up with a drain. My high scores are achieved with other strategies. Maybe it also depends on how to machine is set up. From the Bowen video, it looks quite easy the left orbit/inner orbit combo, but on mine is hard to nail it. You can surely nail it sometimes, but not over again as in the video; and if you keep trying the ball won't last long.

I think the main reason why everyone is failing with that strategy is that Bowen compared it to two other ridiculous strategies: Only going for Vengeance and only going for the Battlefield. Out of these three, the loop strategy scores highest (IF you can hit the shots consistently that is).
He's not taking playing modes into account at all, which is were the huge points are usually coming from.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider someoneelse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bs-dracula-or-shadow?tu=someoneelse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.