• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

200px-Circus_4pl_bridge_rectifiers (resized).JPG
200px-Alive_CPU_board_detailed (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

A forum states that a 24vdc relay could be bad where can I find that, and what does it look like. Also says something about 2 bridge rectifiers one works the lights the other works the play field and shows a picture of what they look like. (pictured one old the other a new one) Nothing on my circuit panel looks like what they have pictured. Or is it even on the circuit panel at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

200px-Alive_CPU_board_detailed (resized).JPG200px-Alive_CPU_board_detailed (resized).JPG

200px-Circus_4pl_bridge_rectifiers (resized).JPG200px-Circus_4pl_bridge_rectifiers (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

On the rear of the game is there a row of little black pegs sticking out? If yes, push all of them in.

#3 7 years ago

Yes there is i tried that already

#4 7 years ago

There is a power box located at the rear of the cabinet next to the transformer. The relay and the bridge rectifiers are located inside that box.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Brunswick_/_Briarwood#Power_Problems

#5 7 years ago

So you can flip the breaker the lights cut on but only for a second till the breaker flips again is there a bigger breaker I can add was there something else interfering

#6 7 years ago

The breaker tripping means you have an overload condition. Probably a shorted bridge rectifier is tripping it.

#7 7 years ago

How do I know which one to replace or just replace both of them anyway?

#8 7 years ago

Well found everything I needed online. Decided I'm just going to replace both of them since I don't know which one control witch and see what happens. I will repost when I get them on.

#9 7 years ago

it never hurts to replace electronics. and its always quicker
you may wanna replace any electrolytic caps on the power board if it has them

#10 7 years ago

How would I know if it's a capacitor or not?

#11 7 years ago

theres a few different types, but all do about the same thing.
most will be a blue cylinder with wires stickin outa each end.
I would google it for a good pic.

#12 7 years ago

Changed out both Bridge rectifiers I can get all the lights to come on the board for about 30 seconds then the breaker trips. I can reset it and the same thing happens I tried the flippers while the lights were on and got nothing.

#13 7 years ago

Sounds like you need a technician to come over and work on it.

#14 7 years ago

That's why I'm on here trying to avoid that very thing.

#15 7 years ago

Ok so every thing works like it's supposed to accept the flipper that discharges the ball to start the game.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brunswick-alive-lighting-up-but-play-field-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.